• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Shadow types

lucyintheskies

Redshirt
Local time
Today, 17:24
Sorry for rehashing this topic but I am trying to identify shadow types based on various personality theories.

Eight INTP functions (in order)
Ti-Ne-Si-Fe-Te-Ni-Se-Fi

Beebe/Berens shadow for INTP
ENTJ: Te-Ni-Se-Fi

Lenore Thomson (also Quenck's "In the Grip")
ESFJ: Fe-Si-Ne-Ti

Most of the forum threads related to shadow types tend to degenerate into a discussion of personal experience ("I act like this or that"). Trying to pinpoint theory for each INTP shadow type assignment.

Any others?

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today, 15:24
Ah :/, you brought this up at a time when my theory is still in its premature stage.

Anyway here are the possible shadows(disregarding mirror effect):

According to my observations:

• ISTP when in social situations that aren't engaging (Ne/Se distinction is invisible)
  • ENTP when energized by discussion of ideas (Ti is suppressed)
  • INFP when in love, infatuated or deeply emotional (Ti is exchanged for Fi)
  • ISFP when inspired by immoral acts, or words. (Ti-Ne ego is suppressed by Fi-Se superego)
I haven't looked at Ni and Te yet, because I don't know which one takes the dominant role. Also, ESFJ shadow is more of a reaction to heavy stress, I think it's impossible to consciously appear as one.

I like to order the functions as [TiNe][SiFe][FiSe][TeNi], it's the way the model A is in Socionics and I think it's pretty accurate.

wadlez

Local time
Tomorrow, 07:54
Your shadow type is just the opposite to your primary function. INTP's primary is iT, so their shadow type is eF.

Top Bottom