• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Tentative Introduction

Unspecified_User

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:27 PM
-->
I have doubts that I'll ever become an active member here. I love the website/forum layout itself, but my first impression of the forum is . . . a lot of interesting people who I could see myself getting along with combined with a lack of active threads and an overall feel of anarchy, which yes, makes perfect sense for a forum made for and by INTPs.

*sigh* I guess I'll just lurk around some more until I come to a decision.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 7:27 AM
-->
"If one by inaction deplete the world of chaos and surreality, only mundane continuance exists."
-Some drunk guy, Spewings 13:4-

Start a thread or three on things ye always wanted to say or create or contest, and if the fish don't bite, lurk or desert.

"Teach yourself to fish, you might be fed, teach yourself to wait, you might be fed, but only by casting lines shall ye know if this lake be full of piscine bounty."

-Brother Theresa-

And at least friend answer a tribune of questions before donning the balaclava of the lurking serpent:

1.You have to choose an internet, moving picture or musical celebrity as ruler of this planet. Who shall it be and wherefore?

2.What animal, currently free willied and untamed, shall ye domesticate for petting feeding or udder porpoises?

3. What is your general opinion on the demise of circusses, should we bring back the spectacle at the cost of animal wealthfare? Can circusses become more gory? Would you particapate in an orgy of clowns?

Das is all.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 5:27 AM
-->
Oh you like the look of the place eh? We just got it re-done. It had its old fashioned charm but it was falling apart a bit. Nasty spam bot infestations and filthy adverts growing everywhere. Functionalities cracking up. Welcome anyhow, have a seat. Make yourself at home. Put your feet up, have some tea or something stronger. Tell us some opinions and things. No doubt you have more important and constructive things to do, but don't we all.

Unspecified_User

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Start a thread or three on things ye always wanted to say or create or contest, and if the fish don't bite, lurk or desert.

Starting threads is kind of the problem. Threads I start usually turn out very badly, but, admittedly, I'm among "my people" here so *shrugs* maybe I'll try it once or twice. Can't be as bad as Personality Cafe (which I'm trying to leave/replace with other forums like this one). Maybe I'll make a thread about Personality Cafe and what led me to decide to start transitioning away from it.

And at least friend answer a tribune of questions before donning the balaclava of the lurking serpent:

1.You have to choose an internet, moving picture or musical celebrity as ruler of this planet. Who shall it be and wherefore?

See, this I can do. I like answering questions.

Good timing for that question. I usually hate musical celebrities, but lately there is one who I've been taking a liking to, so my answer would have to be Kanye West. My reason? He's going against the grain and upsetting half the country by just being, as I see it, genuine.

2.What animal, currently free willied and untamed, shall ye domesticate for petting feeding or udder porpoises?

Polar bears. They're killing machines, so watching people try to pet them would be pretty horrifying.

3. What is your general opinion on the demise of circusses, should we bring back the spectacle at the cost of animal wealthfare? Can circusses become more gory? Would you particapate in an orgy of clowns?

Das is all.

I think it's kind of a shame that circuses aren't as popular as they used to be. I understand the animal cruelty aspect, but I think there are more ethical ways to operate them, much like how there are more ethical ways to raise farm animals. Can they become more gory? Of course! They had another name for those in ancient Rome: Gladiator matches. When the crowd got bored, wild animals would be thrown in to make it more exciting/gorier. I would not participate in an orgy of clowns, no. Clowns don't do it for me.

Oh you like the look of the place eh? We just got it re-done. It had its old fashioned charm but it was falling apart a bit. Nasty spam bot infestations and filthy adverts growing everywhere. Functionalities cracking up. Welcome anyhow, have a seat. Make yourself at home. Put your feet up, have some tea or something stronger. Tell us some opinions and things. No doubt you have more important and constructive things to do, but don't we all.

Alright. Thanks for the welcome.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 12:27 AM
-->
Welcome Mr.Unspecified User.

I really only visit and interact in bursts with long inactivity. Everyone here seems hunky-dory with that. Even though I am not even an INTP.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 10:27 PM
-->
combined with a lack of active threads
Yes, yes, well, the old stronghold was falling apart rather notoriously. Leaky ceilings, rotting beams, peeling paint, dank basements littered with corpses, and even rats in the walls! Many cowards residents decided to seek abode elsewhere.

But really, as our ancient saying goes, there can't be active threads and quality posts if people merely complain instead of posting them. Such whinging about is not merely pointless and petty but pernicious in equal measure and ought to be punishable by bear (perhaps polar) wrestling in the Arena. Its sands do thirst for fresh blood.

Can't be as bad as Personality Cafe (which I'm trying to leave/replace with other forums like this one).
Oh, young one, if only you could have been spared such misery! But how could you have known? You are not like us, who have forseen this, as plenty a happening we do scry. For we have been watching, long back at the beginning, when it was but a sapling striving for the light. Even then we knew. Countless summers have gone past since, and the winds and the sun and the petulant cruelty of its minders have indeed seen it grow to crooked branchings and infested with the foetid nests of vermin. And the tree once crooked, noone can set straight!

We shall be watching, too, at the end, when the last leaves fall and nothing but a dried-up husk remains. Fine charcoal shall it make for the ever-burning braziers of our dark castle; no better destiny could befall or befit it.

And now that you've escaped from such wretched place and find yourself amongst us, pray tell of your deeds and misdeeds! Or if your story is yet to be written, surely you must know tales of some lord or lady that you hold in admiration—or in spite? The night is long, our cups are full, and our bellies yearn for an uproar!

Unspecified_User

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Welcome Mr.Unspecified User.

I really only visit and interact in bursts with long inactivity. Everyone here seems hunky-dory with that. Even though I am not even an INTP.

Thanks. Yeah, that seems like a good practice. I think I'll try that, thanks.

Yes, yes, well, the old stronghold was falling apart rather notoriously. Leaky ceilings, rotting beams, peeling paint, dank basements littered with corpses, and even rats in the walls! Many cowards residents decided to seek abode elsewhere.

But really, as our ancient saying goes, there can't be active threads and quality posts if people merely complain instead of posting them. Such whinging about is not merely pointless and petty but pernicious in equal measure and ought to be punishable by bear (perhaps polar) wrestling in the Arena. Its sands do thirst for fresh blood.

Oh, young one, if only you could have been spared such misery! But how could you have known? You are not like us, who have forseen this, as plenty a happening we do scry. For we have been watching, long back at the beginning, when it was but a sapling striving for the light. Even then we knew. Countless summers have gone past since, and the winds and the sun and the petulant cruelty of its minders have indeed seen it grow to crooked branchings and infested with the foetid nests of vermin. And the tree once crooked, noone can set straight!

We shall be watching, too, at the end, when the last leaves fall and nothing but a dried-up husk remains. Fine charcoal shall it make for the ever-burning braziers of our dark castle; no better destiny could befall or befit it.

And now that you've escaped from such wretched place and find yourself amongst us, pray tell of your deeds and misdeeds! Or if your story is yet to be written, surely you must know tales of some lord or lady that you hold in admiration—or in spite? The night is long, our cups are full, and our bellies yearn for an uproar!

Alright, I'll, uh, be sure to keep that all in mind. Nice hair, by the way.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 5:27 AM
-->
Ew personality café *wretches* normies everywhere :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::waffe::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant: And NO elephant smileys for crying out loud.

@Kuu is it me or are you getting quite poetic these days? This post and the "what's the point of a God that doesn't laugh" comment. Are you well? Are you...in love ?

Unspecified_User

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Oh my god personality café *wretches* normies everywhere

Whoa, whoa, slow down there! I hate Personality Cafe lmao. I made an account there 4 years ago and everytime I got bored/fed up with it and made a new account a year or so later, I noticed it gradually getting worse and worse, more normies, feminists, SJWs, etc. flooding in and taking over.

The only draw Personality Cafe had for me was because of the variety of subforums and how active they (relatively) have been compared to some forums I've visited in the past. It's general enough that sometimes I can find a thread to post on, but the problem I'm having is finding a place that has a similar (or greater) level of post/thread activity with about the same variety of subforums/sections to choose from.

I'm not interested in forums that are too heavily focused on one central theme, and yeah, I know that's something of an oxymoron, but there are forums that do it well and some that just don't (cater too much to a specific crowd/area of interest).

I'm trying to branch out/look for other forums that do the few things Personality Cafe does decently/well enough, but that aren't boggled down by ideologies and other ingroups that dictate the atmosphere. Or, maybe, at the very least I'd rather be a part of a forum where I fit in better with the dominant ingroup(s) if need be.

So far I've been rejected for approval from the INTJ forum and a forum dedicated to loners. Out of other options for the moment, but I am liking the INTP forum thus far, albeit most of my experience just being from this one thread xD

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday 10:27 PM
-->
rejected for approval from the INTJ forum
OH NO! Who would have thought?! They don't even have sweet, sweet smileys. :cthulhu:

@higs I've just been playing Divinity: Original Sin which has amazing ridiculous dialogues.
Even the animals have dialogue.

Unspecified_User

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Well, they are a judgemental people.

LOL. I made an account there years and years ago. I had mistyped myself as INTJ, so I learned that hard way that an INTP who thinks he's an INTJ on a forum dedicated to INTJs doesn't go over all too well with everyone there.

Technically, my account is still "awaiting approval," but it's been a while, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I had some fun there back in the day, could be a shithole by now for all I know.

Top Bottom