• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The ask me anything thread.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
Today 11:32 PM
-->
I'm bored, so I figured I would just answer whatever questions people can throw at me. Could be interesting or boring. Bring it.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
Tomorrow 12:32 AM
-->
What is your speciality?

Edit: Actually, forget that. I got a better one:

If you would have the privilege of meeting a member of INTPf in real life, who would it be?

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
Blizzard gaming. O.o
On a more creative and, hopefully, productive note, I had a fantastic time making a final portfolio in creative writing this semester... Seriously considering adding another class in that category. Sheesh, and I almost took philosophy instead!
I know poetry is something that resonated with me a bit in high school.

Guilt

Twelve donuts, one for each day.
Twelve debts my body will pay.
Twelve donuts gone today.

Was supposed to be a haiku, but... it must remain as is.

Edit: Answering the better one.

I would seriously roll the dice. I think the planning that would go into me making a decision right now might get in the way of a sporadic social interaction.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 5:32 PM
-->
stance on transhumanism?

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Tomorrow 8:32 AM
-->
Who's your favourite poet/writer?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 8:32 AM
-->
Why didn't you instantly pick me? AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. :storks:

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
stance on transhumanism?

I like the idea of engineering some of our human faults away. I'm very concerned about how society will be run when transhumanism becomes more of a thing. It will most likely just be an option to the well-off in the beginning. The problem will be the transition. People who are well off and have made it have delusions and bias that interfere with empathy. What does this mean when they transcend? Will they give a fuck about anyone else when they have such newfound power? A common theme in humanity is that the tyrant frees himself and enslaves the people. This bullet needs to be avoided. Personally, I'm optimistic that such a movement will be more democratic and widespread, but people need to keep these questions in mind.

The ethics of the situations is pretty important, as well.. What if some old human hubris is still left behind, while a few engineering tweaks changes the person into something unpleasant.
Reminds me of pyschopass where an executive was transforming himself. He couldn't get the same high as before so he decided to hunt people for sport. Kept his mind clean. These questions are all being asked in the movement itself currently, so as long as people keep themselves honest, I'll keep my hopes up.

Oh one more thing. What if the machine intelligence and brain intelligence are found to be mutually exclusive, despite current predictions. WTF are people going to do when the hopes of transcendence are dashed by one simple fact. You won't be you anymore.

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
Do you love me?

Or are you playing one of your
love games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYivGrFkgIk

Who's your favourite poet/writer?
Most of my interest has been the creation of poetry and I haven't actually read that much poetry. I vaguely remember reading poetry out of 'Where the sidewalk ends' and that was fun stuff as a kid.

Why didn't you instantly pick me? AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU. :storks:

Must be more devout in your prayers to the RNG gods.

Top Bottom