• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The importance of touch

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 3:07 AM
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I don't think I need human touch as much as most people. I go days without touching a single person and I am rarely the one to initiate a hug or something. Its not even something I think about unless a thread like this is made.

Local time
-->
After watching The Thing I became cured. :) No I realized I needed to be touched and reassured more often when I met my overly sexually active anima. To answer your question, I have my anima, and she can meet all of my needs.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:07 PM
-->
It's not a need for me per se but it is beneficial if coming from a loved one.

Experience-wise, I don't like being touched by strangers but I'm totally okay with being touched by loved ones.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:07 AM
-->
I think relationships are important.
I certainly wish I had a romantic partner to touch me.
It is harsh not having one.
So I let the memes keep me company.

l3iY1Zz.png

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I think relationships are important.
I certainly wish I had a romantic partner to touch me.
It is harsh not having one.
So I let the memes keep me company.

/QUOTE]

indeed, im curious as to how people handle this. Are you actively trying to get a partner/ working on making yourself more attractive?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:07 AM
-->
indeed, im curious as to how people handle this. Are you actively trying to get a partner/ working on making yourself more attractive?

I am not worried about looks but was told cutting my hair makes me look better. What I am worried about is finding a girl with my personality. I am not actively trying to find one yet. I think I would need to hang out around the local University to look for one. Sometime next year I may do that. The nature of it is that I will need to meet many of them to come close to the right one. Me sitting here at my computer I have zero chances. I just need to meet as many as possible to see if it clicks between us. As for handling it, it is like a mild depression that happens time to time. I stop doing fun activities and wait a while till my energy is back.

Juice&lemon

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:07 PM
-->
I think touch is for maternal affection that wasn't garnered well in the past duties of you being a child and working through your mental stability. She is the maternal affection you wished for but wasn't answered.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 8:07 AM
-->
don't much for touch or relationships, stuff like this is overrated psychologist due to their lack of knowledge and ignorance and crap statistics.
How do I know? I do not need those things and I feel just fine.

xDarkAngelx

Redshirt
Local time
-->
It's not a necessity but rather a nice thing to have. In my opinion a touch from someone you treasure is worth quite a lot than a conversation you can receive from a stranger on the internet. No offence! There's just a certain warmth to a gentle touch or hug from someone that you know in person.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 1:37 PM
-->
Touch has scientifically proven to be a very important factor in human's development. For me, it is an extremely powerful experience when it arrives from people I love and care for. I think that everybody has some baseline 'touch' needs but as soon as they are met, individuals differ regarding their touch needs.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:07 AM
-->
Is it neecessary? Probably not absolutely necessary, but if you can do it there is no reason not to. It makes everyone involved feel more relaxed and better overall if done at the right time.

I used to be very wary of people touching me, including some of my family members. I remember when my brother touched me as he was making a joke while I was lost in thought and I yelled at him "don't touch me!", silly overreaction but I wasn't prepared for that.

Now I see it as an important and often underutilized element of communicating with others and comforting other people, even strangers, a bonding mechanism.

I still wouldn't touch a stranger, but I can understand why an Italian, Georgian or a Romanian person would want to touch me when making a joke or establishing a friendly vibe so I tend to allow that if I trust the person enough that they aren't holding a knife or something like that. Generally people coming from lower social strata or from multigenerational families, or with better social development are more willing to engage in physical contact and I'm trying to be open to accommodate them as I understand it's more of a trait based on background and culture.

It's important to hug people who need it and you can do better than going completely stiff and tense when hugging others, especially if you want to comfort them.

I try to actively offer hugs, something I wouldn't have considered 5 years back, especially to people who are less socially developed than I am, because they probably don't realize that they might want a hug or don't know if they can ask for one or don't know how to ask for a hug and I feel the relief in these people when they receive the hug that they needed so it feels great being able to provide it :)

ThousandTeethOfSun

Master of reading and walking at the same time.
Local time
Today 10:07 AM
-->
There is such a thing as touch starvation. Touch aversion is also a thing. It is hellish if you experience touch starvation if you are touch averse.

Top Bottom