• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 8:06 AM
-->
I recall sitting in the back seat of the car and both my parents sitting in front seats. Anyway whole boring ride I was thinking about stuff and meditating on meaning and understanding. At some point I asked both my parents if they know the point of the story of ugly duckling. They couldnt say what the meaning of the story was. Yet its them who introduced me to the story when I was small child during bet time. It kind of made me think on how its easy to forget the meaning to the simplest things. I understand that the meaning of the story isnt really that big of a deal to grown ups. Then again still.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Gut instinct is rather a rational thing. Not always, but a lot of cases it works. I mean whats a person got to lose when all they got is gut instinct? Is doing nothing or avoiding the problem a better solution? Well sometimes not at all, therefore a lot of time its exactly what we do.

The reason INTPs overthink so much is they try to be sensible and reasonable and logical, but its not always rational to double down on being reasonable, rational and sensible is it? Sometimes the most rational thing to do is what most INTPs might consider irrational.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On other matters I am slowly starting to appreciate the ability not to say something when I really, really, really have a huge urge to say. Its not just about correcting people, but essentially sometimes its best just not to say anything. It limits the number of odd looks I get during the day. HAHAHA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Today 9:06 AM
-->
Why is the forum logo the Iron Cross? I mean, I know the INTP is an ubermensch, but, well, fuck me!

caitlinwaters

QUESTION! QUESTION..QUESTION?
Local time
Today 4:06 AM
-->
why are podcasts called podcasts?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:06 PM
-->

Ragnar said:
Variously different modifications are being added at random --- and ruthlessly discarded at will. An announcement as to changes added will be made when the current bout of additions is exhausted. :cat:

The favicon of the Cross Pattee, or the Maltese Cross , reminiscent as Anthile implies of the Ordo Domus Sanctæ Mariæ Theutonicorum Hierosolymitanorum, is selected for three reasons.

1/ It is not the vBulletin standard. And I am fond of German things, both good and bad --- but most particularly Kaiserreich things: I am not actually German, but as I explained to someone recently: Lord Haldane laboured well to build England's preWWI defensive capabilities and then was kicked out for being pro-German solely since he had made the statement: "My spiritual home is Germany." ( The English are a very hysterical nation when excited ); I can say the same thing.

Actually, at the start another favicon was implemented, and had that stuck people would be wistful for that as the old familiar: (deleted) But someone elected to delete that and we reverted to the ordinary vBulletin seen everywhere.

2/ Also this one is only 1kb compared to the vBulletin 10kb, that's a tremendous saving for every page pulled.

3/ On another board my signature evolved to include one of these little crosses for every perma-ban I made. I think it was 37 at the end: as one famous German writer, Stefan Zweig, almost put it:

Beware of Pity.

Although Nietzsche spent his life expounding on this duty rather more forcefully... :phear:

caitlinwaters

QUESTION! QUESTION..QUESTION?
Local time
-->
sleep is a waste of time. those are 8 hours (average) per day you will never get back. it's like watching the Lego movie.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->

Ragnar said:
Variously different modifications are being added at random --- and ruthlessly discarded at will. An announcement as to changes added will be made when the current bout of additions is exhausted. :cat:

The favicon of the Cross Pattee, or the Maltese Cross , reminiscent as Anthile implies of the Ordo Domus Sanctæ Mariæ Theutonicorum Hierosolymitanorum, is selected for three reasons.

1/ It is not the vBulletin standard. And I am fond of German things, both good and bad --- but most particularly Kaiserreich things: I am not actually German, but as I explained to someone recently: Lord Haldane laboured well to build England's preWWI defensive capabilities and then was kicked out for being pro-German solely since he had made the statement: "My spiritual home is Germany." ( The English are a very hysterical nation when excited ); I can say the same thing.

Actually, at the start another favicon was implemented, and had that stuck people would be wistful for that as the old familiar: (deleted) But someone elected to delete that and we reverted to the ordinary vBulletin seen everywhere.

2/ Also this one is only 1kb compared to the vBulletin 10kb, that's a tremendous saving for every page pulled.

3/ On another board my signature evolved to include one of these little crosses for every perma-ban I made. I think it was 37 at the end: as one famous German writer, Stefan Zweig, almost put it:

Beware of Pity.

Although Nietzsche spent his life expounding on this duty rather more forcefully... :phear:

Thanks. I'm still a little confused. What I got was... Germans are cool. Which I agree with, but nazis... I was reminded of Stefan Zweig, though. He is the embodiment of the elepahant in the room. Zweig looks like Hitler, but is actually a jew, kind of like The Iron Cross looks fascist, but really isn't.

In the end, I'll go with Hawkeye's: because grammar nazis, heheh

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
sleep is a waste of time. those are 8 hours (average) per day you will never get back. it's like watching the Lego movie.

Yeah, but it's the only place I get to **** Rachel Weisz :applause:
What are the guidelines on swearing, here? No one minds a rich vocabulary, right?

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
-->
Random thoughts:

How can you rationally measure the net good versus net bad effects you have on humanity?

How can you optimally measure the net good versus net bad effects you have on humanity?

How can you ideally measure the net good versus net bad effects you have on humanity?

Assuming it is not a myth, what percentage of the population is left brain dominant versus right brain dominant versus somewhere in the middle?

Assuming right-brained/left-brained-ness is all a myth, what then is the new insight that is a better representation of factual truth?

Why are people so instantly judgmental upon answering whether they are a "dog" person versus "cat" person?

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Why do I have so many questions in every moment of my life?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I love people who talk really loudly on public transport. You just know these people were raised by some 85-IQ imbeciles who left their kids playing in the mud all day.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
I love people who talk really loudly on public transport. You just know these people were raised by some 85-IQ imbeciles who left their kids playing in the mud all day.
Lmfao.
For my surroundings its more like men in suits who overvalue IQ and speak business/tech jargon louder and louder to each other as some odd way to attract attention, and groups of sensors talking about whether or not their hair is curly or wavy.
What a pleasure it must be to be able to talk about that at great breadth and get what appears to be pure bliss and enjoyment.
I just turn up my audiobook volume louder.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
I wish the subway had quiet cars, like the Vy trains. People tend to adhere to that.

I'd have a shot at those questions, Ten, but every time I do you ignore, so... I'ma assume they are rhetorical.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
I'd have a shot at those questions, Ten, but every time I do you ignore, so... I'ma assume they are rhetorical.

They're half rhetorical, I guess, I didn't have the expectation they would be answered, but would certainly look forward to them if you wanted to entertain them lol.

I don't intend to ignore anyone - I've posted many times without getting responses back here as well, so the feeling is mutual and directed at likely the 10+ other users who couldn't respond to my responses on their threads. I figure that's the nature of forums, though.

I wish the subway had quiet cars, like the Vy trains. People tend to adhere to that.
I wish all the subway cars were quiet cars, with the exception of the operators. :tinykitball:

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Fair enough.
How can you rationally measure the net good versus net bad effects you have on humanity?

I like to imagine I could wake up tomorrow as anyone influenced by the decision I'm about to make. Then I revel in my righteousness for a while, before I go do the selfish thing.

Assuming it is not a myth, what percentage of the population is left brain dominant versus right brain dominant versus somewhere in the middle?

It's a myth, according to which 90% are left brained. In almost everyone, the right hemisphere is larger, perhaps surprising since it controls the left side of your body, and most people are right handed. Contemporary research indicates even handedness is plastic (Let's wait for tomorrow's research to prove that wrong).
Certain neurological areas are usually lateralized. The ones I can think of are Broca's and Wernicke's, both processing language.

Assuming right-brained/left-brained-ness is all a myth, what then is the new insight that is a better representation of factual truth?

Do you mean a better model of what gives rise to individual differences in creative and analytical skills?

Why are people so instantly judgmental upon answering whether they are a "dog" person versus "cat" person?
I know, right?
I wish all the subway cars were quiet cars, with the exception of the operators. :tinykitball:
Wouldn't that be something... Japan? I hear Cognisant is going there, soon. Perhaps we should join.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 10:06 AM
-->

e_e fuck, that's what I did too... we made mud dinosaurs, robots and mud castles and played mud D&D. Postcommunism one had to use imagination due to lack of toys. Good times... we used to fire the clay figurines in the garden, so they'd last.

I wish I was 11 again...

Tenacity

Local time
-->
I like to imagine I could wake up tomorrow as anyone influenced by the decision I'm about to make. Then I revel in my righteousness for a while, before I go do the selfish thing.
Hm, sure, likely scenario, I suppose that is a rational way to look at it. Defining something as net good / net bad would be inherently selfish. "Good" and "bad" are as meaningless words as "right" and "wrong" in this case. Thus we appeal to reason, and basis on reason which is always subjective can be an indication that a rational measure isn't possible, but perhaps some idealistic one is.

It's a myth, according to which 90% are left brained. In almost everyone, the right hemisphere is larger, perhaps surprising since it controls the left side of your body, and most people are right handed. Contemporary research indicates even handedness is plastic (Let's wait for tomorrow's research to prove that wrong).
Certain neurological areas are usually lateralized. The ones I can think of are Broca's and Wernicke's, both processing language.

Thanks for clarifying. Saved me from some pointless pontification there... which much of the internet surrounding right / left brained-ness seems to be partaking in.

What is the purpose of the enablement of myth disguised as science in search engines, anyways? Does it serve purpose beyond monetary gain? Does the spread of such a myth reveal things that science cannot? Temporary validation in the need to believe in something "good" about oneself? Have we in any way benefited civilization for letting myths expand?

You're not obligated to answer these questions, of course, but I can't help but have the trains of thought extrapolate.

Do you mean a better model of what gives rise to individual differences in creative and analytical skills?

Yes, the way you phrased it would make sense for what appears to be the resulting question the myth alludes to.

Wouldn't that be something... Japan? I hear Cognisant is going there, soon. Perhaps we should join.

Haha. I've been to Japan, and actually their subway trains are exactly like that. I like the idea of that, but I don't want to get murdered. So yeah, maybe you guys can let me know what time you're meeting up, group chat me, and I'll console your social awkwardness, awkward silences, or rage-debates.

lightfire

Local time
Today 3:06 AM
-->
darneded brits and their amazingly delicious lemon tea, me being part indian should hate that i love this :mad: who even AM I

HINDUSTAN ZINDABAD

Tenacity

Local time
-->
By the way, @Marbles @Cognisant I was not inferring that you were murderers, but that that is my fear in meeting strangers from the internet in real life. Hah.

I do wonder if anyone else on forums has met up IRL successfully before, or if they just met up and never came back... [cue horror movie music]

darneded brits and their amazingly delicious lemon tea, me being part indian should hate that i love this :mad::(:mad:" data-shortname=":mad:"> who even AM I

I am consciously aware that I have over ten varieties of tea all of which have essentially 1000% markups from their original sources, yet I drink them frequently. My ancestors are rolling in their graves.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
By the way, @Marbles @Cognisant I was not inferring that you were murderers, but that that is my fear in meeting strangers from the internet in real life. Hah.
No offence taken. I can't speak for Cognisant, he is currently being dispo... Ehm, he's indisposed. I'm sure he doesn't mind, though.
I do wonder if anyone else on forums has met up IRL successfully before, or if they just met up and never came back... [cue horror movie music]
Heheh... Well, I think Adaire mentioned the forum is much quieter than it used to be...

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I've met Gopher and Proxy before, a couple of times.
Their absence of late is entirely coincidental.

I'm going to Japan on the 13th of November and returning on the 24th and I'm happy to meet anyone that wants to meet me, I make no secret of the fact that I live in Brisbane Australia.

No offence taken. I can't speak for Cognisant, he is currently being dispo... Ehm, he's indisposed. I'm sure he doesn't mind, though.
I'm a universal constant :D

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
What is up with people pronouncing "et cetera" as "eck cetera"? It sounds completely retarded. When I hear that shit I'm like Howard Hughes when he sees germs.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
What is up with people pronouncing "et cetera" as "eck cetera"? It sounds completely retarded. When I hear that shit I'm like Howard Hughes when he sees germs.
I haven't heard that, probably because I haven't been paying attention. When I mouth the two pronunciations, it sort of makes sense to me, though. Eck cetera feels like a sloppy version of et cetera. I wonder why that is. I guess a k is a t pronounced in the back of the mouth... Or maybe it is due to many words having the syllable "eks".

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Edit: whoops... Got posted twice. Butterfingers.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I haven't heard that, probably because I haven't been paying attention. When I mouth the two pronunciations, it sort of makes sense to me, though. Eck cetera feels like a sloppy version of et cetera. I wonder why that is. I guess a k is a t pronounced in the back of the mouth... Or maybe it is due to many words having the syllable "eks".
here's an example, at 08:26 ("China, US, ECK CETERA"):
I think it's just due to people not looking up what "etc" actually stands for and just going with what it sort of sounds like when spoken verbally. Dunno why but it annoys the hell out of me

Tenacity

Local time
-->

Haha.
We spell "offence" as "offense" here in the U.S. - which is the correct spelling? :curl-lip:
Even the auto-correct is displaying a red underline with "offence".

Origin
395d125d928605d4580f70adf450be1f52cb98008629ca181fa5e8d5975350b6.png

I've met Gopher and Proxy before, a couple of times.
Their absence of late is entirely coincidental.

I'm going to Japan on the 13th of November and returning on the 24th and I'm happy to meet anyone that wants to meet me, I make no secret of the fact that I live in Brisbane Australia.

Of course it is...
I'll meet you guys when I get my body guards. Any recommendations for travel-safe bulletproof protective gear?
I'm actually completely serious.
Until then, keep in touch as I'd like to hear about your travels :)

I've never heard that but would probably be equally annoyed, though have taught myself to look beyond it as it doesn't correlate with a lack of intelligence, but either a lack of certain value prioritization in that person's environment or a sort of lisp that is biologically uncontrollable. I imagine it and I think of a child who had never had their grammar corrected and then grew into it as an adult. Then, as an adult, if you have your grammar corrected, it seems rude.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Serac Lol, yeah... In Norway, as you maybe know, compared to (i forhold til) is incorrectly used interchangably with relating to. That used to really bother me, not least because it has been so common for more than a decade now, that I sometimes catch myself doing it.

@Tenacity Don't take spelling cues from me. My mother was dyslexic, and I'm pretty sure I have inherited a trace of that. In this case, either is correct, though. Offence is more common in Britain, offense in USA. Your spell check is probably American, which explains the preference for offense.

I'm notoriously inconsistent in the use american/british and the different dialects of English, both in writing and pronunciation. I also have a heavy Norwegian accent, partly because other Norwegians consider you a tool if you immitate a particular form of English.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
@Tenacity Don't take spelling cues from me. My mother was dyslexic, and I'm pretty sure I have inherited a trace of that. In this case, either is correct, though. Offence is more common in Britain, offense in USA. Your spell check is probably American, which explains the preference for offense.

I'm notoriously inconsistent in the use american/british and the different dialects of English, both in writing and pronunciation. I also have a heavy Norwegian accent, partly because other Norwegians consider you a tool if you immitate a particular form of English.

Ah, I know a few with dyslexia & have looked into it to understand it / the effects, generally. Your spelling looks completely fine however. I see the "s" as a touch more efficient for when "offensive" needs to be used, since "offencive" doesn't really make sense.

On a random aside, I am still curious about where to get bulletproof apparel that can be worn casually and conveniently through travel. Do let me know if you happen to know of where I can get this and trust the purchase so I don't have to go through a scary testing of it.

More random thoughts:
Improving, let alone maintaining, health is a lot of work.
I wonder what health issues I'd have to deal with if I were to become a cyborg in 50 years?
Broken systems... Broken systems everywhere

Deleted member 1424

His dog, Desi, got sick today.

It wasn't serious, a mild stomach upset, but Desi resembles his old owner. When I saw him struggling, I had a flash of fear that soon he'd be seizing and dying too. I put him on a pillow in a sunbeam and wrapped him in a blanket. I sat nearby stroking his ears. He calmed down and stopped shaking. I had comforted him. He was fine within the hour.

Why was I able to do it this time?

Why... when it really mattered did I fail?
Why couldn't I save him?

Well, logically, I know I was never going to save him. I knew that all along. I had squared with that. It was in every other way that I failed. It's in every other way that I'm a hateful husk; incompetent and cold.

Calling it 'survivors guilt'... like it somehow means that what I know to be true isn't. Sure let's pretend it's just a trick my brain is playing on me. Please. They weren't there. They weren't in my head. I was. I know exactly how worthless I am. I could've done more to make his last days better. I chose not to. I avoided him in all but obligatory ways. There was nothing I could do right? I was already doing everything I could? That's what I told myself, but that was a pathetic lie. I was weak and irresolute.

He died in my arms. I still feel it. I got urine all over me. I didn't care then, but before that, I would only begrudgingly touch him and usually to just accomplish some specific task. He could barely see, hear, or even keep a thought in his head. He liked having circles rubbed into his back, it eased his nausea. His whole world dark and small, and I didn't reach out to him. Why didn't I? I had wanted to help him, didn't I? Why wasn't I willing to make even the smallest gestures. Why was I more pre-occupied with my own aversion to physical contact?

Why did he panic? Why couldn't I comfort him? Would he still be alive if an actual living, breathing, feeling human had been in the room with him, instead of me?

Someday I'm going to die, just like he did.
At least I'll deserve it.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
His dog, Desi, got sick today.

It wasn't serious, a mild stomach upset, but Desi resembles his old owner. When I saw him struggling, I had a flash of fear that soon he'd be seizing and dying too. I put him on a pillow in a sunbeam and wrapped him in a blanket. I sat nearby stroking his ears. He calmed down and stopped shaking. I had comforted him. He was fine within the hour.

Why was I able to do it this time?

Why... when it really mattered did I fail?
Why couldn't I save him?

Well, logically, I know I was never going to save him. I knew that all along. I had squared with that. It was in every other way that I failed. It's in every other way that I'm a hateful husk; incompetent and cold.

Calling it 'survivors guilt'... like it somehow means that what I know to be true isn't. Sure let's pretend it's just a trick my brain is playing on me. Please. They weren't there. They weren't in my head. I was. I know exactly how worthless I am. I could've done more to make his last days better. I chose not to. I avoided him in all but obligatory ways. There was nothing I could do right? I was already doing everything I could? That's what I told myself, but that was a pathetic lie. I was weak and irresolute.

He died in my arms. I still feel it. I got urine all over me. I didn't care then, but before that, I would only begrudgingly touch him and usually to just accomplish some specific task. He could barely see, hear, or even keep a thought in his head. He liked having circles rubbed into his back, it eased his nausea. His whole world dark and small, and I didn't reach out to him. Why didn't I? I had wanted to help him, didn't I? Why wasn't I willing to make even the smallest gestures. Why was I more pre-occupied with my own aversion to physical contact?

Why did he panic? Why couldn't I comfort him? Would he still be alive if an actual living, breathing, feeling human had been in the room with him, instead of me?

Someday I'm going to die, just like he did.
At least I'll deserve it.

I don't assume you need consolation, and I'm likely not very good at it anyways, but, regardless, I'm here for you as a friend.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
And, I don't think you deserve to die for this.

Deleted member 1424

I was mad at my sister for bringing a 'boyfriend of the week' and engaging in weird pda in the aftermath. Seriously, what conceit on my part. She was disrespectful, sure, but I... I let him die. If she had been in my place, she would've saved him. There's no one to hate, but me. It's my fault. That's the reality.

My brother was able to calm him down only minutes before. If I had kept him calm we could've gotten to the hospital. He wouldn't have died. He would've seen my Mom again; had one more Thanksgiving and maybe even Christmas. After such failure, the least I can do is not try to pretend that's not the case.

Deleted member 1424

It's alright tenacity. I just need the thoughts out and have to square with what I know.

I'm not looking for comfort.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Serac said:
I think it's just due to people not looking up what "etc" actually stands for and just going with what it sort of sounds like when spoken verbally. Dunno why but it annoys the hell out of me

You'll love 'Strayan bogan "English" then:

"Ooiy didn't soiy anythink" = I didn't say anything
"Whooy didn't you aaksk me"= Why didn't you ask me
"Royt moyt" = All right mate
"Roydaymoyt" = All right mate
"Roydiou" = All right; ok then
"Ojay" = Orange juice
"Voyboy'npoydza" = Victorian Bitters beer and pizza
"SPoydan?" = Is Peter in?
"WhizGazza?" = Where's Gary?
"Shazzasroytmoyt" = Sharon is ok mate
"Onyamate" = Good on you mate; well done; congratulations;

....icktzetterra, icktzetterra

Tenacity

Local time
-->
It's alright tenacity. I just need the thoughts out and have to square with what I know.

I'm not looking for comfort.

Your posts made me feel that I have something of a safe space in the wilderness if I need to think things through and can't turn to anyone in real life.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Serac said:

You'll love 'Strayan bogan "English" then:

"Ooiy didn't soiy anythink" = I didn't say anything
"Whooy didn't you aaksk me"= Why didn't you ask me
"Royt moyt" = All right mate
"Roydaymoyt" = All right mate
"Roydiou" = All right; ok then
"Ojay" = Orange juice
"Voyboy'npoydza" = Victorian Bitters beer and pizza
"SPoydan?" = Is Peter in?
"WhizGazza?" = Where's Gary?
"Shazzasroytmoyt" = Sharon is ok mate
"Onyamate" = Good on you mate; well done; congratulations;

....icktzetterra, icktzetterra
I kinda like that lol. If someone consistently talks like that, that's pretty cool

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
On a random aside, I am still curious about where to get bulletproof apparel that can be worn casually and conveniently through travel. Do let me know if you happen to know of where I can get this and trust the purchase so I don't have to go through a scary testing of it.
Dunno why you want bulletproof specifically, generally attackers will either want to rob you, rape you or abduct you and the best protection against that is to either travel with friends, know martial arts, or be a 6ft hairy guy in daggy clothes.

(deletes long foray into the world of body armour)
The gold standard for concealable VIP protection is a Kevlar fat-suit, there's no way to hide steel or ceramic plates and Kevlar by itself will only stop relatively small low velocity rounds unless you use a lot of it. Or just send a robot.

I was mad at my sister for bringing a 'boyfriend of the week' and engaging in weird pda in the aftermath. Seriously, what conceit on my part. She was disrespectful, sure, but I... I let him die. If she had been in my place, she would've saved him. There's no one to hate, but me. It's my fault. That's the reality.
Cascading organ failure accelerates as it progresses, we live our lives in freefall and nobody's truly prepared when the ground seemingly rushes up to meet them. You blame yourself to deny the more horrifying truth, that you were only an observer in events entirely beyond your control. Don't tell yourself you could have done more, that is nothing but a cruel trick, you did what seemed right at the time and if with the benefit of hindsight that seems too little then focus on how you'll do different in the future.

My sincere condolences.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I made an online-dating profile on okcupid a couple of months ago. Here’s some stats: I can’t see exactly how many “likes” or swipes-right I’ve gotten because it just says 99+, but it’s safe to say that at least 100 women swiped right, and here’s how many times a women made the initial contact: 1. And that 1 woman was some sort of religious fanatic who misinterpreted a joke on my profile about me being Jesus. What I’m trying to say is this: if you think you can play it all cool and passive as a dude and wait for your true love to magically appear, you’re f.u.c.k.e.d.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
I made an online-dating profile on okcupid a couple of months ago. Here’s some stats: I can’t see exactly how many “likes” or swipes-right I’ve gotten because it just says 99+, but it’s safe to say that at least 100 women swiped right, and here’s how many times a women made the initial contact: 1. And that 1 woman was some sort of religious fanatic who misinterpreted a joke on my profile about me being Jesus. What I’m trying to say is this: if you think you can play it all cool and passive as a dude and wait for your true love to magically appear, you’re f.u.c.k.e.d.
Hehe... So now you're a cult leader, amirite? How is Sørlandet treating you?

Tenacity

Local time
-->

What even is true love?

But yeah, I can somewhat second that notion on playing it cool/passive, as a woman who has been on the other side of the pool. Many people find themselves overwhelmed with messages, so the ability to think out of the box in initiation becomes important. Just don't do that thing where men search online for pick-up lines. If the person is in the city and gets 999+ matches, for example, then handfuls of messages constantly, you're at high risk for just becoming spam.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
In the context of work/studies, I find playing it cool (read: timid) works fine. Being in a common circle gets you past the barrier of introductions and bravado. In online dating I guess dauntlessness is the name of the game, though.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
I just noticed: When I first became interested in the image of Rebis in alchemy there was no wikipedia page on the topic just a tiny excerpt from an Alchemist's work, now there is.

Has anyone been aware of topics or ideas that were documented on the internet years after you came into initial contact with said idea?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
what if the transgender epidemic is just a bunch of confused people thinking they want to be a different sex when they just want to be treated the way the opposite sex is? people should use the findings of game theory in everyday life. im bored and my eyes are tired but im not ugh. by the time we are capable of eye transplants from other species will it even be needed or will we have perfected genetic manipulation enough to just modify our eyes? why would humans evolve without tails they are so useful for expression and balance?

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->

What are the guidelines on swearing, here? No one minds a rich vocabulary, right?
A long time ago I was learning to lucid dream and I told me friend and he asked," so have you tried sex yet"? Me being intp I said ," no but i flew and asked my subconcious what I fear most and it was weird". Then he said ," thats cool but try sex".
classic NT vs SF
I tried sex and it was cool but flying was way better.
whats up with cross walks, are they some sort of profiling tool to weed out the ones who are unworthy of life? I hope so

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hehe... So now you're a cult leader, amirite? How is Sørlandet treating you?
I’m in tiger town, dude. Are you up north?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

What even is true love?

But yeah, I can somewhat second that notion on playing it cool/passive, as a woman who has been on the other side of the pool. Many people find themselves overwhelmed with messages, so the ability to think out of the box in initiation becomes important. Just don't do that thing where men search online for pick-up lines. If the person is in the city and gets 999+ matches, for example, then handfuls of messages constantly, you're at high risk for just becoming spam.
Yeah this was just something that became an unintentional statistical experiment because I made a profile when I moved back to my home town but didn’t really have time to do anything with it. I’ve gone beast mode in online dating in the past though. It’s all about good pictures, witty lines, a laidback vibe yet effectiveness in moving things foreword.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->
what if the transgender epidemic is just a bunch of confused people thinking they want to be a different sex when they just want to be treated the way the opposite sex is? people should use the findings of game theory in everyday life. im bored and my eyes are tired but im not ugh. by the time we are capable of eye transplants from other species will it even be needed or will we have perfected genetic manipulation enough to just modify our eyes? why would humans evolve without tails they are so useful for expression and balance?

I think it's a product of genders commodifying personality traits: you can have qualities of the opposite gender without getting a sex change. You can dress up in a dress if you want, put on make up and whatever have you, but because people like to make everything about sex (subsequently gender), then to seek validation they feel they must be the other gender. I don't think gender should matter, ultimately you should use the sexual organs you're given as it is the most natural, but people like to categorize and create bias on the way people act: if we truly accepted everyone can exhibit any type of behaviour I don't imagine people would be obsessed with self-validation to the extend they need to change their physiology.

Having said that I don't imagine people would change their biased assumptions, so the transgender movement is a valid response to societal bias, but it should not be the case. It shouldn't be radical but it is.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

A long time ago I was learning to lucid dream and I told me friend and he asked," so have you tried sex yet"? Me being intp I said ," no but i flew and asked my subconcious what I fear most and it was weird". Then he said ," thats cool but try sex".
classic NT vs SF
I tried sex and it was cool but flying was way better.
whats up with cross walks, are they some sort of profiling tool to weed out the ones who are unworthy of life? I hope so
I’ve had a lucid dream once in my life. First I flew then landed and had sex, then woke up with jizzed up underpants. The best part though, was before both the flying and jizzing, where I was walking around in an old empty city. It was the most serene and beautiful atmosphere I’ve ever seen.

Also, the flying was a bit of a disappointment because when I reached a certain altitude the visuals became all blurry and poorly defined. I figured it was because I didn’t have enough images in my brain of what such an experience should look like. That’s when I decided to land and let my dream penis have its dreams fulfilled too.

Top Bottom