• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Sorting Hat

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:56 AM
-->
Come on, we've all wondered what it would be like to be in JK Rowlings Harry Potter.
Which house is yours?

My result:​
Slytherin

48% Ravenclaw, 34% Hufflepuff, 57% Slytherin and 57% Gryffindor!
3738283806928667432.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.
Slytherin's cardinal traits are ambition, cunning and determination. Like the Gryffindor House, Slytherins are emotionally volatile. In contrast, however, Slytherins are much less dominant and assertive, and less extroverted in general. Rather than expressing these emotions outwardly, Slytherins direct them inward or act in a passive aggressive manner. Both Gryffindor and Slytherin are much more driven to succeed than the other two houses: Gryffindor out of pride and Slytherin out of ambition.
Slytherins are also much more pragmatic than the other houses and more adept at manipulating people. A key trait would be a low level of agreeableness: Slytherins are more pessimistic, more distrustful than most, and more likely to attribute negative motivations to people. So although Slytherins experience a wide range of emotions, due to their distrustful views of people and skeptical worldview, they are less expressive and more likely to appear cold or distant unless provoked.
A Slytherin's ambitious nature comes out in different ways depending on what is important to the individual person. It could lead them to try to achieve top marks (if intellect and schooling is important to them) but it could also be directed at social settings or towards athletic endeavors.​

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Accurate overall, disagree with the lack of ambition part though. :p

(also hufflepuff 4 lyfe)

Ravenclaw:
63% Ravenclaw, 51% Hufflepuff, 44% Slytherin and 34% Gryffindor!

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

The cardinal traits of Ravenclaw are intellect, wit and openness to experience. They are the most introverted house of the four. Ravenclaws are more likely to prefer small gatherings of like-minded individuals and require recooperation after stressful social interaction. These individuals are intuitive creatures, the quintessential researchers. They lack the stubborn, strict, and rule-abiding qualities that would inhibit intellectual growth—one can't be too set in their ways if they are to be open to exploring new ideas and paths of thought.In contrast to Slytherin and Gryffindor, Ravenclaws in general are much more emotionally stable. Their reactions seem dampened compared to the sometimes dramatic responses of the other houses—they're much less likely to get offended, they're more open to criticism, not particularly argumentative and interested in hearing different points of view. They can at times seem to be less interested in people and more interested in their own inner world, and appear to be disconnected from the rest of humanity.

Ambition is secondary to them. Although they may strive to excel in school, knowledge and self-enrichment is the primary goal as opposed to simply wanting good marks. If they do happen to strive for excellence, it is because it fits with their other goals, not out of a desire to be superior or the best. Due to their intuitiveness and willingness to listen, Ravenclaws can be empathetic and make good advisors. They should generally leave leadership roles to people who are more extraverted and who would enjoy them more, however.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 8:56 AM
-->
64% on Ravenclaw
42% on Hufflepuff
50% on Slytherin
36% on Gryffindor

Two interesting things,"You scored 64% on Ravenclaw, higher than 96% of your peers."
That mean 4%...
Other one is that in all of them I have "higher than X% of your peers "
I am a wizard :D take me to hogwarts :rip: (trying to learn Immortality).

p.s result: :cthulhu:

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 6:56 AM
-->
60% Ravenclaw, 34% Hufflepuff, 56% Slytherin and 46% Gryffindor!

pretty much as I guessed myself Ravenclaw and Slytherin a close call.

You scored 34% on Hufflepuff, higher than 5% of your peers. Win I am not the wimpy house (hue hue hue)

If I change my preference(the last question) from Ravenclaw to Slytherin I get

56% Ravenclaw, 34% Hufflepuff, 60% Slytherin and 46% Gryffindor!

XD so much for this test telling my what suits me better.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Asif I'm the only non-ravenclaw thus far..

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 11:56 PM
-->
Ravenclaw

69% Ravenclaw, 40% Hufflepuff, 56% Slytherin and 33% Gryffindor!

I honestly thought I'd be shuffled into Hufflepuff...

Edit: Gee whiz.. "higher than 99% of peers"? there are like two 69%ers here alone.. how many people have taken this quiz?! :ahh:

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 2:56 PM
-->
Hufflepuff

55% Ravenclaw, 57% Hufflepuff, 38% Slytherin and 48% Gryffindor!

keu4r9.png
Hmm I wouldn't say that I'm extroverted.

Also, I'd assume INTPs generally fall under Ravenclaw...

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Somebody else out there did actually analyse the correlation between houses an MBTI..
I read it last month, I'll see I can find it..

Local time
-->
Another Ravenclaw... They're going to have to build a new dorm to house us all.

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
Today 12:56 AM
-->
I fully expected to get Ravenclaw but I got Slytherin.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 4:56 PM
-->
Ravenclaw also.

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
-->
Ravenclaws
59% Ravenclaw, 46% Hufflepuff, 53% Slytherin and 38% Gryffindor!

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Here's someone's attempt at the House/MBTI correlation:
https://aroomofrequirement.wordpres...potter-and-myers-briggs-personality-typology/

Apart from that I suspect all 5w4's would come out as Ravenclaw, any exceptions here?

I can see how Slytherin and Ravenclaw are similiar, even in the world of HP, Ravenclaw are the only house to make 'friends' with the snakes...

Dunno how a Hufflepuff managed to slide through(?!) Lol

My Slytherin and Gryffindor scores were equal, I wonder what the deciding factor was? The quiz did ask if I had a preference, like the hat did to Harry, but I said I didn't whereas Harry said he didn't want to be a Slytherin..

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
-->
The quiz gave me 3% Slytherin over Ravenclaw. After reading the descriptions I'm not sure which is a better fit. I'm 5w4 btw.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:56 PM
-->
Ravenclaw, I guess

Put no preference although I actually wanted anything but Hufflepuff. Couldn't decide between Gryffindor and Slytherin, although in the long run I thought Slytherin would be more comfortable... I'm assuming Gryffindor takes a more warm humanities approach, which I'm assuming would be draining in too frequent doses. Probably not.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:56 PM
-->
Ravenclaw

67% Ravenclaw, 54% Hufflepuff, 46% Slytherin and 35% Gryffindor!

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Today 1:56 AM
-->
Ravenclaw. I forgot the percentages because I was interrupted twice as I wrote. I've always been a Slytherin sympathizer, so to speak. Some people think Slytherins are all antagonists, but the Rational ones are usually cool.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Ravenclaw
9996847274353247289.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

70% Ravenclaw, 44% Hufflepuff, 43% Slytherin and 39% Gryffindor!

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
70% Ravenclaw, 49% Hufflepuff, 61% Slytherin and 25% Gryffindor

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
The quiz gave me 3% Slytherin over Ravenclaw. After reading the descriptions I'm not sure which is a better fit. I'm 5w4 btw.

Hmm, dunno how the quiz operates then.
I wonder if there will any Griffindors?

Would be interesting to see other types name theirs to see if we could figure the correlation.

So far INTP = Ravenclaw/Slytherin.
Same for the other NT's?

I think the NF's might Ravenclaw/Griffindor.

Hard to guess the rest.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Are you sure? You could be great you know, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that...

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I think I can draw a slight parallel.

(Note that this is most of each temperament. There are exceptions (including me))

Slytherin - NT. Calm, cunning, and seek to gain skill.
Ravenclaw - NF. Intuitive, creative, and seek wisdom and being a sage.
Gryffindor - SP. Often athletic, audacious, brave, and seek to just have a good time.
Hufflepuff - SJ. Hard-working, loyal, concerned with social norms, and seek to be executives.

I believe that each house has some sort of requirement, too.

Slytherin - T. You have to be determined, calculating, ambitious, and impersonal to be both Slytherin and T.

Ravenclaw - N. You have to be creative, knowledge-seeking, and intuitive to be both.

Gryffindor - E. I may be wrong, but Gryffindor kind of requires a certain audacity and bravery more apparent (although not necessarily more existent) in Extraverts.

Hufflepuff - J. To be loyal, hard-working, and dependable, a certain Judging is necessary.

That leaves ENTJ and ISFP to be able to fit into either or none. Of course, I may still be wrong and there are exceptions to this (Neville, Hermione, etc.)

Inquisitor

Local time
-->
57% Ravenclaw, 38% Hufflepuff, 55% Slytherin and 42% Gryffindor

Another Ravenclaw/Slytherin

Shieru

rational romantic
Local time
Yesterday 10:56 PM
-->
68% Ravenclaw, 43% Hufflepuff, 50% Slytherin and 28% Gryffindor

I kinda hoped to be sorted into Slytherin.. the darkness is quite aesthetically appealing. :chibSep:

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I think I can draw a slight parallel.

(Note that this is most of each temperament. There are exceptions (including me))

Slytherin - NT. Calm, cunning, and seek to gain skill.
Ravenclaw - NF. Intuitive, creative, and seek wisdom and being a sage.
Gryffindor - SP. Often athletic, audacious, brave, and seek to just have a good time.
Hufflepuff - SJ. Hard-working, loyal, concerned with social norms, and seek to be executives.

I believe that each house has some sort of requirement, too.

Slytherin - T. You have to be determined, calculating, ambitious, and impersonal to be both Slytherin and T.

Ravenclaw - N. You have to be creative, knowledge-seeking, and intuitive to be both.

Gryffindor - E. I may be wrong, but Gryffindor kind of requires a certain audacity and bravery more apparent (although not necessarily more existent) in Extraverts.

Hufflepuff - J. To be loyal, hard-working, and dependable, a certain Judging is necessary.

That leaves ENTJ and ISFP to be able to fit into either or none. Of course, I may still be wrong and there are exceptions to this (Neville, Hermione, etc.)

That sums up half my thought too :)

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
-->
ravenclaw for the win.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:56 PM
-->
Hufflepuff
54% Ravenclaw, 55% Hufflepuff, 37% Slytherin and 41% Gryffindor!

7564404185842974263.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

The cardinal traits of Hufflepuff are loyalty, patience, kindness and hardworking. They are generally extroverted but not as socially ambitious as Gryffindors—they enjoy being around other people but do not require being in the limelight. Hufflepuffs place cooperation above conflict; they are also more emotionally balanced than some of the other houses. Unlike gryffindors, they do not have hot-tempers and are not as likely to become offended by criticism. Hufflepuffs are loyal to their beliefs and to their friends; once they've established roots, they stick with them. It takes a lot to convince them to change their worldviews. Although Gryffindors also exhibit loyalty, if their pride is hurt or their principles violated, Gryffindors will leave (whereas a Hufflepuff has stronger ties).

Hufflepuffs are much more steady and easygoing than the other Houses. They work hard, are very down to earth and not prone to flights of fancy. In contrast, the other houses are much more likely to be erratic in their behavior, especially Slytherins and Gryffindors due to emotional instability. Although Ravenclaws may also be hardworking and patient at times, they are more likely to be swept away by a new idea and abandon projects than a Hufflepuff would.There is another side to the Hufflepuff house, however:

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."
Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest a
And taught them all she knew,

Although some Hufflepuffs may clearly exhibit the traits of the house, others may simply not fall into any other category. Generally speaking, though, if someone doesn't exhibit any of the major personality traits of the other three houses, they most likely would fit the description of a Hufflepuff.​

Esurient Fere

*grownup
Local time
-->
56% Ravenclaw, 44% Hufflepuff, 58% Slytherin and 44% Gryffindor!

Raven claw is a close second.

SolarCycler

Compressionshirt
Local time
-->
55% Ravenclaw, 47% Hufflepuff, 56% Slytherin and 34% Gryffindor!

A narrow win. Looks like we should have our own house, one that we can have some 80%+ matches for :)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I have a pottermore account.. I'm sure I'm in Slytheryn.. Not sure about anything else.
Whats your ID ? :D

Haha

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Your result for The Sorting Hat: A Comprehensive Harry Potter Personality Assessment [Test/Quiz] ...
Ravenclaw

62% Ravenclaw, 39% Hufflepuff, 44% Slytherin and 54% Gryffindor!
9996847274353247289.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

if you've a ready mind,

The cardinal traits of Ravenclaw are intellect, wit and openness to experience. They are the most introverted house of the four. Ravenclaws are more likely to prefer small gatherings of like-minded individuals and require recooperation after stressful social interaction. These individuals are intuitive creatures, the quintessential researchers. They lack the stubborn, strict, and rule-abiding qualities that would inhibit intellectual growth—one can't be too set in their ways if they are to be open to exploring new ideas and paths of thought.In contrast to Slytherin and Gryffindor, Ravenclaws in general are much more emotionally stable. Their reactions seem dampened compared to the sometimes dramatic responses of the other houses—they're much less likely to get offended, they're more open to criticism, not particularly argumentative and interested in hearing different points of view. They can at times seem to be less interested in people and more interested in their own inner world, and appear to be disconnected from the rest of humanity.
Ambition is secondary to them. Although they may strive to excel in school, knowledge and self-enrichment is the primary goal as opposed to simply wanting good marks. If they do happen to strive for excellence, it is because it fits with their other goals, not out of a desire to be superior or the best. Due to their intuitiveness and willingness to listen, Ravenclaws can be empathetic and make good advisors. They should generally leave leadership roles to people who are more extraverted and who would enjoy them more, however.

Ember

Blazing Away
Local time
Today 3:56 PM
-->
Ravenclaw.

69% Ravenclaw, 40% Hufflepuff, 52% Slytherin and 37% Gryffindor!

if you've a ready mind,

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Slytherin. I wanted to end up in Hufflepuff but realised the reasons for wanting to be there are very Slytherin.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Slytherin. I wanted to end up in Hufflepuff but realised the reasons for wanting to be there are very Slytherin.

You mean u want people to think you're cute and honest so you can manipulate them better?

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
You mean u want people to think you're cute and honest so you can manipulate them better?

Hah no. I am cute and honest. Just in Hufflepuff I could use manipulation (you can influence people with good intentions without lying) to save those that can't use it from the evil Slytherin. At that point I would become essential to them and can become the king of Hufflepuff. Well that's the short version at least.

Just quickly to comment on that so people don't get the wrong idea. (aka I need to manipulate *cough* I mean influence people right now) You know how psychopaths emulate nice people because that give them an advantage? I believe Dr. Ekman mentioned that the quickest way to tell if someone is a psychopath is after meeting them for 30 minutes you want to invite them home to dinner. (He said this in jest but with an element of truth. He went on to clarify that the only real way is to interview them over three days but that's boring)

Anyway, psychopaths imitate nice people to get what they want I'm simply a nice person that pretends to be a psychopath to get what I want. (Street cred is hard to come by for INFP's I'm sure you understand) I don't want people to think I'm cute and honest I want people to question my natural cute/honesty but not to the point where it's taken for granted. Now unfortunately I'm now swaying too much into psychopath reputation so now I am making the case the other way.

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
If I thought the right way to deal with Draco Malfoy was to murder him, or at least have him sip a debilitating poison, would that make me Slytherin? Killing the alpha male and taking his place is a time honored tradition amongst various brutes. I guess ultimately I'd have swear fealty to Lord Voldemort then bump him off too. A bit of the Highlander, "There Can Be Only One!!!"

Ok I'll go take the test now. But I definitely don't believe in the goody two shoes way of doing things. You're supposed to make the other poor sonofabitch die for his country and all of that.

Seems I'm Ravenclaw. Not shocking if the quiz's description of Ravenclaw is to be believed, but I'm not convinced it is. Slytherin was indeed my 2nd, although my showing was pretty balanced overall.
58% Ravenclaw, 43% Hufflepuff, 49% Slytherin and 42% Gryffindor!

Perhaps as Ravenclaw, I'm "open to imaginative ways of eliminating one's enemies / problems", rather than that stick-in-the-mud goody two shoes Gryffindor stuff.

Like what about giving Draco a potion to turn him gay? Assuming that he wasn't anyways and just homo repressed. Then he'd think more about boning Harry Potter, than murdering him. Which might be so great from Harry's perspective, but it would have changed the conflict dynamic quite a bit and probably saved a lot of the world in the process.

What about a seat cushion that gives Draco bee's balls? He'd have other things to be worrying about! Yeah, good curses, good way to deal with enemies...

Got a Pottermore account. Took the sorting hat test, it also gave me Ravenclaw. House description:
Ravenclaw traits

Intelligent, wise, sharp, witty, individual
Yeah that sounds right. Makes me wonder, who gets all the stupid wizards? What do they do as students, and where do they end up career wise? Some of 'em surely become Ministry of Magic bureaucrats, but they aren't all bad there, so I do indeed wonder. How dim a bulb can you be and still make it as a wizard?

Got a wand too.
Cedar wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ¾" and suprisingly swishy flexibility

Whatever!

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Griffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin each get their cut in idiots I think... but I also think that its Griffindor and Slytherin most likely to house 'the greats'...

The Dumbledors,
The Mcgogennals, (spelling?)
The Tom Riddles,
The Snapes ... need I say anymore?

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Despite being literally defined as the most intellectual house, Ravenclaw isn't edgy enough to get the NT seal of approval.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Well youknow, geeks only have so many uses... especially when it comes to fighting the forces of evil.

Ember

Blazing Away
Local time
Today 3:56 PM
-->
Well youknow, geeks only have so many uses... especially when it comes to fighting the forces of evil.

Well so long as you Slytherins keep your stuff (shit) together we won't need to fight any forces of evil.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Like what about giving Draco a potion to turn him gay? Assuming that he wasn't anyways and just homo repressed. Then he'd think more about boning Harry Potter, than murdering him. Which might be so great from Harry's perspective, but it would have changed the conflict dynamic quite a bit and probably saved a lot of the world in the process.

You would need to make him gay AND make him fall in love with Harry. Otherwise the mere presence of Hermione would have solved all problems. You know I've worked out the best team in the world. If we have one male and one female then the evil villains can't possibly succeed as they'll be too obsessed with marrying the hero's.

Starfishtea

Memer
Local time
-->
I've always tested as slytherin and now I am pleased to see that I got ravenclaw (my favourite house).

65% Ravenclaw
60% Slytherin
41% Gryffindor
35% Hufflepuff

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Despite being literally defined as the most intellectual house, Ravenclaw isn't edgy enough to get the NT seal of approval.

How is luna lovegood not edgy enough

Top Bottom