• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Sorting Hat

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 10:40 PM
-->
If I lived in the Harry Potter universe, I'd honest-to-goodness want to be in Hufflepuff for the following reasons:

1) They're not asshats.
2) Not much is expected of you, so when you do well, you stand out as being exceptionally talented.
3) They seem to all mind their own business/appear nonthreatening, which allows Hufflepuffs to pull of what would otherwise be seen as shady behavior.
4) Their social infrastructure seems less complicated, which provides less opportunity for teen-angst issues.

If not Hufflepuff, then of course Ravenclaw for the reasons above except the "no one expects anything from you" point. Anyway, there is something to be said for intellectual competition.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 3:40 PM
-->
If I lived in the Harry Potter universe, I'd honest-to-goodness want to be in Hufflepuff for the following reasons:

1) They're not asshats.
2) Not much is expected of you, so when you do well, you stand out as being exceptionally talented.
3) They seem to all mind their own business/appear nonthreatening, which allows Hufflepuffs to pull of what would otherwise be seen as shady behavior.
4) Their social infrastructure seems less complicated, which provides less opportunity for teen-angst issues.

If not Hufflepuff, then of course Ravenclaw for the reasons above except the "no one expects anything from you" point. Anyway, there is something to be said for intellectual competition.

So you end up in Slytherin with me for the same reasons.

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
Today 12:40 AM
-->
Well youknow, geeks only have so many uses... especially when it comes to fighting the forces of evil.

Only because J. K. Rowling wrote kid's books about "good vs. evil". She kept things fairly clean, as opposed to all the nasty stuff a NT could dream up. After all, aren't ravens the ones that will pick your eyesockets out? I get a little confused between the aspirations of ravens, crows, whether they're different, yadda.

BTW, badgers are mean as shit. Hence the legal term, "badgering the witness."

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
I'd like it when JK releases more about the American and foreign houses/schools. That would be cool. I'm kind of confused why she doesn't have a Spanish speaking school yet.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 4:40 AM
-->
I'd like it when JK releases more about the American and foreign houses/schools. That would be cool. I'm kind of confused why she doesn't have a Spanish speaking school yet.

Beauxbatons school apparently takes Spanish students as well as French, according to Harry Potter wiki.

Who's excited about fantastic beasts movie then :D?

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
Who's excited about fantastic beasts movie then :D?

*raises hand, then other hand, then other applicable appendages.*

Dpool92

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 10:40 PM
-->
Another Ravenclaw

Ravenclaw
64% Ravenclaw, 31% Hufflepuff, 55% Slytherin and 48% Gryffindor!

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

if you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 5:40 AM
-->
Hufflepuff > Ravenclaw > Gryffindor > Slytherin

That is the true hierarchy of the Harry Potter Teams. Anyone who disagrees is wrong. This is clearly evident from the book.

My results:

53 Ravenclaw
53 Gryffindor
48 Slytherin
39 Hufflepuff

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
I don't get it. Gryffindor clearly had the lion's share of heroic action in the books. Slytherin had the lion's share of antagonists. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff just sat on the sidelines, with someone occasionally coming along that did something interesting and unexpected. Those latter 2 houses really didn't get that much writing time. The main dynamic expressed in the book was Gryffindor vs. Slytherin, almost a good vs. evil thing but with a twist regarding Snape.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 4:40 AM
-->
That's because the personality traits that comprise each house push them in certain directions, it's mentioned several times that gryffindor and slytherin are the most ambitious houses, gryffindor want to do heroic stuff, and slytherin are not inherently evil but have an attraction for power and cunning that makes them pre-disposed to want to learn dark arts, or use any means to get what they want. It's also possible that because dumbledores army was passed through word of mouth and there is heavy house rivalry between gryffindor and slytherin that no slytherin heard about the resistance. Also Peter Pettigrew was in gryffindor, and the house has produced some dark wizards. Huffelpuff have produced the least amount of dark wizards because their personality traits are being humble, helpful and hard working. Ravenclaw tend to become intellectuals but are kind of unenvolved and not so concerned with wars and pragmatic action.

I'm defending it but obviously it is biased yes :p

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 11:40 PM
-->
lMhwTpG.png

I did not answer all the questions.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I always get Slytherin on tests.
Ravenclaw seems almost too IxTJ-ish.. And I'd be expected to do my homework :rolleyes:
But then again Slytherin seems very Te as well.

deathvirtuoso

Local time
Today 12:40 PM
-->
Meh, I'm like the majority of INTPS (not that I mind); ravenclaw.

Top Bottom