• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

"The State of the Forum" Derail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:35 PM
-->
I feel there has already been an example of this occuring in this thread. I am not trying to attack you or continue that arguement but it does provide a good example. Had you elaberated and were specific there may have not been anything for Base_Grove to address or attack.

You know for all your yammering you really don't do so well with comprehension.

I have clarified my stance in plain English so perhaps you ought to interpret that before you speculate about ulterior motives.

The exchange happened like this (paraphrased for key points):
RB: ban retards .... I can make a list

Blr: maybe the mods should formally consider public opinion?

LoR: No that's terrible

BG: One member of the public has an opinion and I'd like to know about it

LoR: Goading a member who doesn't like you is bad. This was constructive till you arrived.

BG: Shutting down ideas at whim so you may arbitrarily arbitrate is not constructive.

Again, if I'm wrong ... feel free to make the necessary corrections.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 10:35 PM
-->
Re: The State of the Forum

You know for all your yammering you really don't do so well with comprehension.

I have clarified my stance in plain English so perhaps you ought to interpret that before you speculate about ulterior motives.

The exchange happened like this (paraphrased for key points):

Again, if I'm wrong ... feel free to make the necessary corrections.

"Address or attack" was to indicate that i was not taking a stance for or against you. It contains the two opposing sides making me gray. :)

I don't want to be dragged into this.

None of these arguments should have ever occured and they should not continue. It makes a good example for my case but my case has nothing to do with the content of the argument itself.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->

"Address or attack" was to indicate that i was not taking a stance for or against you. I don't want to be dragged into this.

I didn't say you were taking a stance I said you totally failed at comprehension.

If you don't want to be dragged into something then stay the fuck out of it. If you presume to mediate a discussion I'm involved in then perhaps I'm not dragging you into it at all, am I?

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Let it go.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->

It contains the two opposing sides making me gray. :)

It does not contain the two opposing sides; you have made an error. Hence my response.

None of these arguments should have ever occured and they should not continue. It makes a good example for my case but my case has nothing to do with the content of the argument itself.

What is your case?
What gave you the idea that an argument should not have occurred? You can't even follow along with it.

Let it go.

oops didn't see this till after. :D

I had let it go, anyway. I withdrew from the thread by formally announcing I probably have better things to do.

If anybody got 'dragged back into it' it was me by Grayman who mentioned my name and misrepresented my official position on the issue. (by indicating I was here to argue with RB which is clearly not true).
http://www.intpforum.com/showpost.php?p=443900&postcount=91

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

I didn't say you were taking a stance I said you totally failed at comprehension.

If you don't want to be dragged into something then stay the fuck out of it. If you presume to mediate a discussion I'm involved in then perhaps I'm not dragging you into it at all, am I?

Your right, I am not comprehending what you are talking about.

I thought RB would be more upset with what I said since it indicates he started the tangent and yet here you are on the offensive.

I was not specifically saying RB started it intentionally. It just could have been avoided by not making a post that lacked specifics. Instead of saying retard. He could have elaberated on what type of individuals and what actions they are comitting that would put them on the list.

Alright im done talking to you.

Base groove

Banned
Local time
-->

Your right, I am not comprehending what you are talking about.

I thought RB would be more upset with what I said since it indicates he started the tangent and yet here you are on the offensive.

I was not specifically saying RB started it intentionally. It just could have been avoided by not making a post that lacked specifics. Instead of saying retard. He could have elaberated on what type of individuals and what actions they are comitting that would put them on the list.

Alright im done talking to you.

How am I supposed to "let this go?"

You're not really talking to me if you're not listening either.

I didn't come here to argue with RB or respond to the 'retard' comments. I posted to respond to LoR. I am not and have never been 'on the offensive'. I suggested that public opinion polls can and should affect moderator decisions even though LoR thinks it's a terrible thing. I was put on the "defensive" due to idle threats and accusations which forced me to become directly confrontational - a sentiment I have already expressed that I wish to do away with here....

So, Grayman, kindly piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom