• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

there are those that hate depression and wish it gone; i on the contrary, i can’t function without it.

Local time
Today 8:54 AM
-->
I’d rather not have to elaborate on this. Therefore, without specifying my situation, I suppose I’m looking for answers which would apply to the general public.

Nonetheless- what steps must one take to fall down the rabbit hole of nihilism and successfully submerge themselves in a spell of depression?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:24 PM
-->
1) - fuck your sleepcycle to bits

Who gives a fuck about 24 hour time? Going to be in the afternoon and waking up in the middle of the night will get you feeling shit right quick!

2) - fuck your diet to pieces

Eat lots of sugar! Atrophoshizl them arteries! Get too big to move good, while breaking out in acne rash. Nutrition is a government conspiracy designed to control us!

3) - friends are for losers

Alienate fucking.... everyone! Social support is for losers also too as well!

4) - develop anxiety (or actively maintain it!).

Refuse to be productive, but also maintain expectations of yourself to be productive. Tell people about the things you will do and then don't do them! Suckers!

5) - exercise is the NME.

Spit on them meat movers, you're above that.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:54 AM
-->
I got the real thing.
Take some medications for it.

1. I have a fucked up sleep cycle.
2. I feel sick eating.
3. I have no friends.
4. my anxiety was super bad.
5. I cannot accomplish any life goals, its like I've wasted my life. I am a failer.
6. I don't exercise. Don't leave the house.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
I'm not sure if there's any point in harnessing the darkness. It may not even work even if you plan on repenting and going clean & good later on. Either way, the best way is probably to get a shitty roll of the die or receive a bad hand. Go ahead and get your heart broken multiple times then become jaded in a void of meaninglessness. If that doesn't help get ultra paranoid off good pot or have a few bad trips on any kind of drug to see where that gets you. Study astronomy and refuse to do or acknowledge art as useful or fun. Become shelled in, ignore intuition a good deal, and be a dick or asshole, unintentionally or not will usually do it. Pass up all your opportunities and don't even try. Don't exercise or talk to anyone unless you want to call them stupid. Spread them negative vibes and dark energy! You might even want to think about hurting or killing other people but don't actually act on any of those impulses. The universe or this life thing has #Gotchacovered
I sometimes feel if I got to meet Elliot Rodger and hangout we could have become decent friends and I could have had the power to prevent his spree which involved stabbings and shootings, then suicide. *shrug*, I suppose. Does karma actually exist or is it non correlated?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 7:54 PM
-->
I mean. I'm only good at writing when I'm depressed. Which is why my posts have been shit for ages. So bright side?

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
What Hado said. Also

6) Don't forget taking any kind of drug that will screw with your serotonin and dopamine levels! It's a shortcut for screwing your brain chemistry and reward system !

7) Focus on everything absurd and pointless, don't entertain optimistic thoughts about yourself or the world.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
@Hadoblado @higs - careful you two, Decipheris requested a dosage of nihilism not a full-blown Samaritans intervention. :skeleton:

8) Get an office job.

(How u like post. I like post.)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
If one attempts to feel depressed, will one not feel a sense of reward at achieving depression thereby canceling it out ? Hmmm. so paradox. Very confuze.

@Puffy I think it's a mod privilege that Kuu has tried to get rid of because he hates it but hasn't managed to and no one else has bothered to try (though I think I did try and tweak something to no effect a few weeks back). It will be completely gone one day no doubt. Either that or it's at the bottom of the comment to your right and you haven''t noticed it.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:54 PM
-->
xbkPBhT.jpg

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:54 AM
-->
Depression happens when the limbic system becomes dysfunction in the motivation and mood centers. You feel like you can't do anything and you're sad about it. This leads to crying because you can't do anything about something that happened. I hold back all my crying so I can't use that energy to hold it back, for other things. I cannot do anything about certain things, I feel like crying, but I don't, so a loss of energy. Some people cry too much and can't stop. When off my meds I don't get REM sleep so I sleep for days 18 hours a day.

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
Reading Schopenhauer worked for me. Now, few things lift my mood other than reading Schopenhauer :confused:

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:54 PM
-->
Go to the following least happiest countries:
  1. Burundi
  2. Syria
  3. Togo
  4. Afghanistan
  5. Benin
Give me Wish you were here postcards btw.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Arrange your life so that all your well-being is dependent on a stream of instant gratification and vapid dopamine kicks. E.g. spend a lot of time on social media.

Top Bottom