• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

This whole Will Smith slap controversy is so dumb

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 3:25 AM
-->
@ZenRaiden imagined him more as the bloke who hides in the corner only to come out and shiv the final opponent in the back.

i guess it all depends on how you arrange the matches between these actor types. 1 v 1, round robin, all out battle royale mass brawl? do they get to use knives and guns or only their bodies? the scenario i'm imagining is a George Carlinesque enclosing of hollywood, evacing all civvies and trooping in the thespians.

rules are simple: last one standing gets all the others' money and is declared greatest actor of all time. anything they can get their hands on is valid as a weapon. heck, even add some silver screeners in there... always wanted to see Oprah go to town in a killdozer.

cameras mounted everywhere ofc.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 1:25 AM
-->
Is it real though, cause I think its just TV.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 2:25 AM
-->
@Perfectly Normal Beast
No pills just wigs. Pfizer erned $ from 3 doses on me and that's enough.

If alopecia hits me I will buy many many wigs. (Always wanted to but expense seemed too frivolous without good excuse. Alopecia seems perfect excuse.) What antivaxxer look could you recommend? I wanna blend in.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:55 AM
-->
Is it real though, cause I think its just TV.

It's possible it's faked. I don't think it is, but it's plausible on the face of it. They are both actors, the hit and response to it were insanely stylistic as if it had been choreographed, and this sort of drama is exactly what the ceremony needs to maintain cultural relevance.

To me that seems a bit too much though. There are much easier ways to achieve cultural relevance. Both actors look worse as a result, and it'd take a great deal to convince them to willingly take this public hit.

Also, compare to other public dramas. When Gervais and Steve Carell stage beef, it's obviously pretty cheesy even if it's awkward. When Gervais roasts celebs for real, there's a clear tension. This felt a lot more like the tension than the cheesiness.

But it could go either way. I don't really care enough to investigate further, but if I did, I'd look into the ramifications for both parties and how people responded to it. If they partake in coping behaviour that implies it's real etc.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Because it's public. It's just what people see. It's why film is often used as propaganda and why actors think they are influencers and politicians, because it's what everyone sees and that's what they can all compare to. I guess if all our lives were public, we could talk about them instead, but most people are private and this is easy to talk about.
Yeah I know I know. You're right Mr. Daddy.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
the lowest iq segment of the US population discuss this topic endlessly

the second lowest tier iq discuss ukraine and politics, and how ukraine is going to beat the hell out of russia. The president of Ukraine is the greatest politician of this era, david vs goliath etc.

anyone on the highest segment or on top 30% just not give a damn.

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 3:25 AM
-->
even the smartest of folk get fooled by narrative. history has proven this countless times. check out Nazi Germany/Aum Shinrikyo for some obvious examples.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 9:55 AM
-->
The real highest IQ people divide the bell curve as they see fit among their preferred pastimes and their pet peeves.

Daddy

Making the Frogs Gay
Local time
Yesterday 8:25 PM
-->
The highest of the highest IQ know how to troll Will Smith with a bad joke during his celebration show, (temporarily?) ruining Will's career from a pathetic bitch slap, and cementing the comedian's place in history as God of All Crying Clown. No sadness will escape the laughter of the clown. Comedians will inherit the Earth.

Tomten

Local time
-->
the lowest iq segment of the US population discuss this topic endlessly

the second lowest tier iq discuss ukraine and politics, and how ukraine is going to beat the hell out of russia. The president of Ukraine is the greatest politician of this era, david vs goliath etc.

anyone on the highest segment or on top 30% just not give a damn.
IIRC, Bruno Campello de Souza (a cognitive psychologist) posted some data on Quora showing that, in at least one sample of people, IQ and consuming news about politics are positively correlated. I can try to find his post, if you want me to. Edit: I found Bruno's post: https://www.quora.com/What-do-peopl...-interested-in/answer/Bruno-Campello-de-Souza

Tomten

Local time
-->
The real highest IQ people divide the bell curve as they see fit among their preferred pastimes and their pet peeves.
I like the memes about low IQ and high IQ people agreeing on some political issue, but for different reasons, while those in the middle of the pack take the opposite view.

Top Bottom