• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

True Detective Season 2

Saoshyant

Put me in Coach
Local time
Today 4:23 AM
-->
Think you got these two nailed:

Paul Woodrough - ISTP
Frank Semyon - ESTP, def don't see ENTJ.

Possibly right, no strong feeling either way.

Bezzerides - ESTJ
Jordan Semyon - INFJ

Gonna have to disagree with you on Velcoro.
I see a lot of Se lead like I do with Vince Vaughn and he seems to run on a honor/dignity system easier than Vaughn

Ray Velcoro - ESFP

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 8:23 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
yeah sure, it is more complicated than the first season imo a bit harder to follow if you are one of those who get distracted easily

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
finished it today. cool ending, as always torpeding emotions. xD

btw imo venezuela is poorly representated in the last scene.
they had to be kipnaped, raped, executed.
joking.
i meant the ambience. i wonder if they really filmed anything there...

good song tho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WwkUxpuiBI

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:23 AM
-->
A lot of people hated season 2. But I actually liked the ambiance a ton (the show 'felt' right), and three of the four main cast were damned good. My estimation of Colin Farrell just shot way up -- and I had no idea Rachel McAdams ("mean Girls") was such a good actor, I haven't watched anything she has been in.

Two major problems:

1. Way too much extraneous detail with no sense of what anyone was doing or who anyone was. I think real police investigations are actually like this, but it's hard to create dramatic momentum when the show just feels like a big bowl of spaghetti thrown all across the room. It turns out that the culprits of the central mystery (which they barely spend any time on) are
two characters who only have about 5 minutes of airtime previously and who you probably won't even recall by the end of the series.
realistic? Yes. Dramatically interesting? no.

2. Frank Semyon needed to either be recast or the character needed different lines / rewritten to fit the actor. Vince Vaughn was incapable of convincingly playing that part / speaking those lines as written and he got so much storyline that it threatened to sink the rest of the show. he did better in scenes where he was taking action, versus having to utter lots of stuff that only sounds convincing out of the mouth of Matthew McConaughey or someone of that caliber.

Highlight: Episode 4 shootout; Episode 6 sex party

What's interesting is that, despite how much of a mess it was, it still lingers. The ambiance and "feeling" of the show was still pretty decent. And I liked how Nic tried to do something different with Season 2 versus Season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFh71_ftxLE

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
A lot of people hated season 2. But I actually liked the ambiance a ton (the show 'felt' right), and three of the four main cast were damned good. My estimation of Colin Farrell just shot way up -- and I had no idea Rachel McAdams ("mean Girls") was such a good actor, I haven't watched anything she has been in.

Two major problems:

1. Way too much extraneous detail with no sense of what anyone was doing or who anyone was. I think real police investigations are actually like this, but it's hard to create dramatic momentum when the show just feels like a big bowl of spaghetti thrown all across the room. It turns out that the culprits of the central mystery (which they barely spend any time on) are
two characters who only have about 5 minutes of airtime previously and who you probably won't even recall by the end of the series.
realistic? Yes. Dramatically interesting? no.

2. Frank Semyon needed to either be recast or the character needed different lines / rewritten to fit the actor. Vince Vaughn was incapable of convincingly playing that part / speaking those lines as written and he got so much storyline that it threatened to sink the rest of the show. he did better in scenes where he was taking action, versus having to utter lots of stuff that only sounds convincing out of the mouth of Matthew McConaughey or someone of that caliber.

Highlight: Episode 4 shootout; Episode 6 sex party

What's interesting is that, despite how much of a mess it was, it still lingers. The ambiance and "feeling" of the show was still pretty decent. And I liked how Nic tried to do something different with Season 2 versus Season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFh71_ftxLE

sure, i didn't even liked Collin Pharrell before, there was some kind of natural repulsion to him dunno why but his character was too damn powerful, like all lately. I always relate to despair, forsaken guys and that's fashion right now. xd
The plot was indeed too damn disperce pluz there were so many character names adn people that didn't even appeared that i was like: who the fuck are they talking about?. It is like they tried to make 6 seasons of breaking bad in 8 episodies.
Paul was a strange character. There were a couple of scenes where i thought his expressions were too fake, like when he goes angry with his mother. That's the only negative thing i remember about him.
I think Vince Vaughn did a great job. Frank was awesome. Jordan was great too. Although the last scene between them was a bit ankward or spooky? twisted?.

Top Bottom