• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Type Rivers Cuomo

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 7:05 PM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
So, i saw in celebrity types they type him as ISTJ, in many other places they call him an INFP. For me he is tricky because he seems to be very Si driven, and in interviews you never see any imagery, unreal things coming out from his mouth as if he was seeing a different world, but since he's extremelly ankward, and seems to be so fragile you don't really know if he's stupid actually and it could be just Fi at its worst. But for sure not an N type.
His lyrics touch sensor oriented topics, not many metaphors or anything. A lot of stuff related to his relationships where he usually demands love and portraits himself as the defensor of the union, or about places or times that make him feel in a certain way.
So my doubt was, isn't this guardian vibe, supposed to be an Fe thing?, how could a thinker be so overwhelmed by love?, again the big dilema, do feelers know how to deal with emotions while thinkers can't and can become super dramatic?
He literally wrote the most emotional-cringe rock album to date, Pinkerton, from his mouth:

"This has been a tough year. It's not just that the world has said Pinkerton isn't worth a shit, but that the Blue album wasn't either. It was a fluke. It was the ["Buddy Holly"] video. I'm a shitty songwriter."

"It's a hideous record... It was such a hugely painful mistake that happened in front of hundreds of thousands of people and continues to happen on a grander and grander scale and just won't go away. It's like getting really drunk at a party and spilling your guts in front of everyone and feeling incredibly great and cathartic about it, and then waking up the next morning and realizing what a complete fool you made of yourself."

examples of lyrics:

Don't you ever fear, I'm always near
I know that you need help
Your tongue is twisted, your eyes are slit
You need a guardian
Woo-hoo, and you know I'm yours
Woo-hoo, and I know you're mine
Woo-hoo, and that's for all time

Oo-ee-oo I look just like Buddy Holly
Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore
I don't care what they say about us anyway
I don't care bout that