• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Website I am making

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
Today 8:49 AM
-->
So, I pulled together this coming soon page in a couple of hours (with the help of a template which I did modify a bit though) and I wanted to know what you guys thought. I'll post the finished website here too when I'm done with it. Quite a bit of work went into the background photo.

That logo is temporary. Working on a better one.

http://www.tpacs.co.uk/

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 7:49 PM
-->
Don't put text over text (on the bottle).

You've kept it simple that's good, nice big map too (why have an interactive map in a tiny little box?), the full screen background image can take a few seconds to load but I suppose visual impact was more important than loading speed, I can't fault the Tumblr drop down menu functionally but it is very obviously from that site, is it really necessary?

No nonsense is what I really like about it, elegance is the union of function and simplicity, aside from the afore mentioned niggles you nailed it.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 5:49 PM
-->
Seconded with text, Email address in the subscribe is too transparent I almost missed it. the drop down nav text also is over the other text. (which isn't a big deal just kinda annoying for some reason)

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 12:49 AM
-->
It's ok for a template, though overdone.

You could add a bit of blur to the image to avoid the text issues.

The social network items are useless unless they actually go somewhere, remove otherwise.

The floating menu on top right is pointless for such a simple page; off with it.

I'd replace the current logo with at least, the name of the site (Trinity Port & Cheese Society). The page opens and starts to say "we are working... " and yet I have no idea who this we refers to...

The About Us icon, get rid of it. And pull the text up while you're at it. And capitalize the name ffs. Also, you say port and cheese, cheese and port 3 times in two sentences; methinks that's a bit too much. Furthermore, "The finer pleasures in life" is a bit too... cheesy. I'd reconsider rewriting it all.

The contact area, could you put the info side by side instead of Address on top and Emails (sic) on bottom? It seems so empty on the sides. Also titling them could be considered redundant; it's pretty obvious what the information is. The email itself could use to be a mailto link.

Finally, get rid of the green. I'd rather have some light tan (not unlike the ones on the map) to go with the burgundy and greys. Also desaturate the burgundy a little. You could also introduce a more wine-like purple-red for more variety.

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
-->
All the things you guys have mentioned I thought about. But tbh it's just a coming soon page so I didn't think it was that important. For the final site I shall be more attentive to this sort of thing. Also, how well it displays depends on your screen (which it shouldn't, but I'm saying it's not universally problematic). Thank you very much for your feedback!

Local time
Yesterday 11:49 PM
-->
Are you a webdesigner yourself? Or a graphic designer? I have a friend who is both webdesigner and graphic designer, he can help you out for an affordable price if you still need help with the logo.

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
-->
I am neither, I am closest to an old-school programmer. Figured something out for the logo, it'll do. Thanks for the offer :)

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
-->
Nice site!
Do you guys accept lactose intolerant people into your society of wine and cheese?

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
-->
Guys, I could use a hand with something. Why on earth is my logo displaying slightly to the right? Any tips I could look in to appreciated.

Top Bottom