• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Weird eccentric INTP stuff you do

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 10:59 PM
-->
Ear plugs. I wear them all the time everywhere.

TheCosmos

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:59 PM
-->
I can, and frequently do, fold my ears. I have broken down the cartilidge.

I either can't step on the sidewalk lines, or I can't step off them.

Procinogen

Devil's Advocate
Local time
Today 4:59 PM
-->
I chew the tabs of soda cans for a while.

Sometimes I blink one eye of a time for no reason.

Sometimes I make a weird chirping sound with my throat.

I have an addiction to cracking any joint I can. I specially cracking my knuckles with my thumb, and the joints along my fingers.

Papimojosten

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:59 PM
-->
If there is tiles in a square I always step inside the tiles not touching the grout. When I'm driving all I do is imagine the worsr things that could happen to the car e.g always imagined being sideswipped at a red light, slow motion glass, thinking that people always say that when they jump off a building that that is the most peaceful their every be and if that would happen if getting hit.... I always drum to beats playing or beats in my head in my mouth. When I close my teeth thats the bass and when I slide then together thats the snair, I do this almost obsessively now... if someone engages me with small talk that has to do with them eg. "So my dog did the weirdest thing the other day"! I have taken to cutting them off then dryly and sarcasticlly saying, "why don't you tell me about it"?

des

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 3:59 AM
-->
I will be frozen for a few minutes, no matter what I am actually doing, when I have an idea in my mind. My friends often caught me being motionless for a long time when I was holding a spoon full of foods near my mouth.
I like chewing ice cubes, or eating shaved ice. I'm not really sure if that's odd, but my friends think it is. Maybe it's because I usually don't care about the flavor of the shaved ice, and just ask for the plain one, with no flavoring at all, since I just need the ice.
And I like projecting silly dialogue onto cats. Their cool faces but stupid attitudes never fail to amuse me.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 9:59 PM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Everything i do nowdays is seen as weird by everyone around me. I feel like that old man diagnosed with terminal cancer who cares so little about consequences.
Isnt a lie told thousand times the truth?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:59 PM
-->
I have more controller type things for my computer than I should.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
I just want to teach everyone about my ways of thinking about reality and will connect all of their subjects to my frameworks. I just know of no other way of connecting or being useful. So I talk about entheogens like they are legal and can't get my mind around how stupid, prejudiced, closed minded some people's worldview is (I mean: really???), meaning i realize too late, that i should not even have tried to explain to a particular person what a visionary experience is like, because at the end of the conversation they just accuse me of having a drug psychosis and recommend a psychiatrist, lol, when they are the ones who have a drug deficiency.

People don't understand the intellectual potential that i am trying to offer and get the false idea, that i just want someone to listen to me, like i am the one who needs help with my worldview, when they are the ones in whom more questions arise, as they listen to me (which i could answer). Because they are used to having no questions and everything being clear as daylight, because it's their definition of sanity to avoid difficult questions. Extroversion.

I can't help but to choose clothes that make me stand out, as opposed to fit in with any scene. Even though i try to fool people into thinking that i belong to a scene (any scene would lend me social status - only loners are everyone's carpets) i can't get away with it. It's like a split personality. One hand grabs for trendy pants, the other hand grabs for the crazy hat.

I don't know how to greet people in passing or similar things and people take it personally. My way of moving in space irritates people. I am not predictable/steady enough. Constantly change the lane, the tempo, suddenly i just stand still to close my eyes and follow a thought, other times i look around too much and people feel bothered.

I lazily ignore or mistreat my physical environment because of extremely selective awareness. Messing up my room with stuff like old packaging & always forgetting to clean my fingernails.

Also i am a native german who is sometimes dropping in an english word, because i forgot the german word, like a foreigner would. Because i spend way more time communicating on the internet than locally.

Local time
-->
And I like projecting silly dialogue onto cats. Their cool faces but stupid attitudes never fail to amuse me.

could you please elaborate on this? i've always thought my cats' attitudes seemed rather sensible but now i'm worried that my entire worldview is fallacious and/or that i'm actually insane :S

Local time
Tomorrow 8:59 AM
-->
making..weird food combinations....I just ate dumplings with strawberry yogurt on top....it was okay I suppose. (I also ate pear with soy sauce that day and it was actually good..._.)
my other habit is googling very random stuff on the internet...
my mind: why is the sky blue?
me:" *searches*...*reads everything about the topic*...
an hour later:
me: Oh it's already an hour.. hm...
Oh why is an hour called an hour-
(yea. and that's how I forget to do the things that I'm supposed to.)

Causeless

Local time
Today 4:59 PM
-->
Disappear for a long time and then reappear like nothing happened, only to vanish again minutes later.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
When available, in home/houses' bathrooms I visit : after poop and toilet paper always use shower head and intimum gel to clean my anus. Vigorously.

Local time
-->
I made up a really weird excuse for not wanting to hug someone.

At my mom's funeral, everyone tried to hug me. I hate physical contact and I was getting tired of people touching me.

To make matters worse, my good friend and crush (also an INTP) showed up with his parents. His mom is my school guidance counselor. She knows I hate physical contact yet she still hugged me along with her husband.

My friend knows I don't like being touched and he respects my boundaries. He didn't attempt to hug me and his mom got mad at him for being "rude" and told him to hug me.

I panicked and replied with, "That's fine. I feel squishy from being hugged today."

His parents found that weird but I don't think my friend cared (being an INTP he is also socially awkward).

His mom still made him hug me (and that was probably the most awkward hug in my life yet).

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 5:59 AM
-->
^ probably the most infp thing ill read this year

Local time
-->
^ probably the most infp thing ill read this year

That's funny because I am an INTP and so was my friend. I meant squishy as in physically tired of being squeezed (hard) and prodded by people rather than squishy as in emotional.

My body literally felt weird after that day because of all the people touching me and squeezing me.

Humbug

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:59 PM
-->
I don't know if these would be specifically INTP things but since I'm an INTP I guess they kinda are.
-I can't leave the house without my ring on, but I also can't fall asleep with it on.
-Sometimes I spend a whole day at home without glasses/contacts. I can't see a thing and thus am entirely inside my head.
- I only do math and the like with a mechanical pencil with 0.5mm lead.
-When I walk down a sidewalk I often put a certain number of steps in each sidewalk section like beats in a measure. Some days I'm in 4/4 and some days I'm in 3/4 and some days just something more complicated.
- When I'm in the middle of a train of thought and this new perspective suddenly comes to me, I make a conscious effort to pause the train before the perspective gets muddled by other thoughts.
- Every day at lunch I get A small bowl full of those bright yellow canned banana peppers. I also get a cup full of pellet ice and carry it with me for the rest of the day.
- whenever I drink something out of a paper cup, I take the cup apart. First I uncurl the top edge, then I tear it along the crease, then I peel the rectangular part off of the bottom. Afterwards I throw it away.
- I can't stand it when other people load my dishwasher because they always just throw the dishes in with no objective. It gets all messy and the dishes don't fit.
- I hate it when I'm in a crowd and I have to walk close behind people. I don't mind crowds or when people are close behind or beside me, but when I have to walk really close behind other people I usually just end up squeezing between people untill there is an open spot ahead of me.
So those are some of them. I'll probably think of a thousand more things much better than these in an hour or two, but oh well.

Top Bottom