• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are you currently playing?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
Just finished Danganronpa v3, pretty entertaining

1cf964336fca7a9d361905035a61d414.png

I'm very fond of mysteries and solving stuff, so right up my alley. I was never really a fan of the endings of Danganronpa, but always enjoyed the murder mysteries.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
^if you're able to play Catherine, that's somewhat entertaining if you enjoy puzzles.

lightfire

Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
Yes I do. I'm going to look that up, thanks.

bencade

Redshirt
Local time
Today 11:42 AM
-->
apknite brought me to this game gta san andreas and gta 5 too

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 12:42 AM
-->
City of Heroes MMO free servers apparently became publicly revealed back in May, I've been back in the game for 2-3 weeks. They've even examined the code and fixed/released a few new powersets, an AT, and other game aspects.

Deleted member 1424

Well it's not bad for a nanowrimo game, but man the music was atrocious. I got the two-face ending and a 40% tip.

I've been trying out No Man's Sky since the vr update came out. It's good fun, but oh my god the eye strain. x.x

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:42 PM
-->
I got the 100% tip on my first run, they kissed, it was lovely.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 9:42 PM
-->
Besides replaying some old games for fun I want to finish Dark Souls. Also plan on finishing Chrono Trigger, I suppose, and some Final Fantasy’s. It’s just for more historical context to understand other media I’m into. I grew up a Nintendo kid and always wondered why other third party companies or Sony and Microsoft seemed to exercise a passive-aggressive relationship with them, even though it’s a business industry and all they do is compete. Nintendo has first party licensing but during the N64, GCN, and Wii eras it got no support and every other game went to PlayStation and X-Box. Ninty was also lacking online play, which PS2 and X-Box had. The only GameCube game that had online support was Phantasy Star II. They just always wanted to do their own thing trying to innovate, coming off as stubborn.

Volstar

home is where your heart is
Local time
-->
last game i played was horizon zero dawn, bought it in sales for like 14.99 euros including the dlc
it was ok. machines were cool.
i'm casually playing fifa19 and f1 2018.
waiting for: death stranding, cyberpunk and maybe fifa20. can't say for sure. newest cod 4 remake looks interesting too.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 9:42 PM
-->
I meant Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Vermintide 2. Didn't like it at first, but now I'm quite into it. Combining it with total war: warhammer 2, skavens are my new favorite beings

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
-->
I'm not playing anything right now, but open to suggestions. I used to play MapleStory a few years ago, but got too addicted / lost interest since it isn't that challenging. Oh, and Runescape way, way back in the day.

I tried Overwatch once, too, but couldn't really get into it.

I wonder if there is a better version of MapleStory out, or if they made any significant upgrades. I checked in on it once MapleStory M came out, but everything became so easy and inflated that I was like, well, what's the point lol. I guess they were just tailoring the game to the new wave of 10 year olds who seem to need to get faster instant gratification, or the fact that mobile users in general want faster instant gratification.

I generally like games with well-developed graphics.

Weird monster things tend to freak me out unless there also exist some really cute things, I guess. Also, violence and blood are not things I like seeing, but will if I have to and is part of "leveling up".

Dalyth

small.
Local time
-->
I dunno if you guys like rpgs but I really loved the Legend of Heroes series. Lots of replay value there since the creators planned stuff out way in advance.

Some pros:
  • Lots of character development. Makes tropes and breaks them in interesting, heartwarming ways.
  • NPCs all have their own stories you can explore if you want or not if you don't want to bother.
  • So. Many. Games. If you love the world and the characters, there are at least 9 planned (8 released) and more to come.

Some cons:
  • Dated graphics
  • Turn-based RPG
  • The best games in the series (in my humble opinion) do not have official releases in Western countries. If you play Sky and really love it, I'd recommend ordering copies of the Crossbell series from Japan then using translated patches to play.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 6:42 AM
-->
I don't have the patience for anything apart from a quick game of league of legends nowadays. Tried diablo 3 recently, the repetition makes it boring ... waste of money. I still have 14 days on wy wow account, unsubbed months ago... haven't logged for 2 months. Don't feel like it, the guild is dead anyway. Classic wow I can't get into, it is content I already played e_e more than a decade ago... again repetition... can't get into it.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Been playing Hearthstone Battleground the past few days. Pretty addicting.

Irishpenguin

Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
I don't really have time to play games like I used to. But I did just watch Clemp's youtube Analysis of Nier: Automata and that was a great time. I remember wanting to play Automata back when it was gonna come out but my life was kinda changing. I realized that it's already been 3 years since it release so I caught up on it. I'm glad that so many people started talking about that game both on youtube and on reddit.

YOLOisonlyprinciple

Local time
Today 10:12 AM
-->
One Hour One Life

Inexorable Username

Local time
-->
I’m playing Stardew Valley.
I made a system whereby I can do IRL work & “play the game”, in a sense, at the same time. It’s very motivating

a_ghost_from_your_past

Ujames1978Eternally
Local time
-->
I don't play anything. I have 192 games in my steam library, but no urge whatsoever to play any of them. It's just all a grand delusion. As soon as you identify the gamey aspects of them they become much less unique and can be boiled down into a boring formula.

greysolive

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I prefer easy light games with interesting plot, esp online games

greysolive

Redshirt
Local time
-->
BTW not so long ago I found cool vpn extensions for firefox that can help to bypass restrictions and protect data while playing online. These days it's an important tool 'coz Internet privacy is a serious issue. The best part is that it doesn't cost much.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Auto chess. Tft, heathstone, dota underlords.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
I play an app called Forge of Empires. Other than that, I like NY times crossword puzzles and Mah Jong, and apps that are like Motivation / Divination Oracle type apps. I guess they are like mind exersize games.

Sacred Traveler, Wild Kwan Yin, Power Animals, John Hollands Psychic Tarot, Super Attractor, The Teachings of Abraham, Louise Hay, etc. These keep me calm when I'm anxious or waiting for something.

1650044666959.png

Attachments

• 1650050360416.png
    1650050360416.png
    799.8 KB · Views: 154

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
Slay The Spire it's like a card based Rouge like dungeon Crawler.
Great game.

Sometimes I play Dwarf Fortress, Distant Worlds:Universe or Star Ruler 2, though I rarely have the time.

Played some competitive LoL with my favorite human, but we decided to quit because it was toxic, imbalanced, shallow and ugly looking. We also play Overwatch which is a lot more enjoyable because there are no unfair items or level advantages.

We also played through Icewind Dale and we plan to export characters into Baldur's Gate and play until the end of BG Throne of Bhaal. Nostalgia factor is huge. That aside these are fun to play to this date.

Divinity Original Sin and DOS 2 had some cool gameplay.

We may play Dark Souls 1-3 because we haven't played it together and then maybe elden ring.

Risk of Rain 2 is another fun game.

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
Battle Brothers
Vagrus: The Riven Realms
Dishonored

backburner:

Starscector
Undungeon
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy
Deep Rock Galactic
Kards
Planescape Torment
Dwarf Fortress

backburner replays:

Vampire: The Masquerade
Borderlands 2
Numera: Tides of Torment
Tyranny

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Death stranding. I never thought inventory autism would provide this much joy.

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
THe wandering village

Harder than I thought and it ramps up the death by spore sludge unless wall of flamethrowers way faster than I figured it was gonna be. Havent gotten my inbu to survive long enough to begin glass and iron production. Maybe walked 300 plus kms.prob shoulda wnet through tuturorial but I hate dat shite

Beautiful game basically ur a bunch of former nomads now living on the back of a giant reptile thats woken up ands gonna start walking. Every playthrough inbu back and world are randomly generated, its chill to see the trippy scenery pass by as the folk expand their community. Spore swarms not so much chill. Feed and heal reptile and villagers, survive, build, harvest, scavenge.The world has a Nausicaa feel and theme to it, my brontosuar laptop too weak to enjoy in full pixelwhatchamaccalit so I,m sure its even more of a gem

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Curious about Pinochle:
Junes Journey at the moment. Hope I get tired of it soon, big time waster.
You play crime scenes by searching for 12 items and earn stars for each scene.
It can take a day to get through all five stars of one scene and then, you take the bonuses and coins earned to buy
things to decorate your island. It continues to expand as you go, maybe about one square every week expansion.
You don't have to buy anything, but once in a while buying a few extra purple diamonds will help you decorate a little more.
I'm liking it as a time filler and yet I'm hating it as a time waster and its a little addictive.

1668277439294.png

1668277514511.png
1668277542815.png

Attachments

• 1668277486138.png
    1668277486138.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 60

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
I recently played SWTOR, got to about level 30 in all storylines. It's quite good considering how bad the storywriting has become in video games (or maybe how bad the storywriting has always been in visual media).

I'm playing it mostly for the story and fun dialogues and choices it offers. It's like a continuation of KOTOR which was one of the best rpg's ever made, even though KOTOR itself was far from ideal or even far from being amazing (no game ever made comes close to being a 7/10 overall).

First main issue with SWTOR is that there are too many romantic, flirty and sexy dialogues. It's clear that the game was written for (or by) horny teenagers and dumb gamers. Quite a few dialogues are openly racist towards non-human races or sexist towards women which is irritating, but at least it's possible to kill quite a few annoying characters through choices. Social justice is apparently a dark side path, but I'll take it. It's fun playing as both the judge and executioner.
Second main issue is the low number of guides and in-game help for new players. It's unclear how to get items from the right vendors, what statistics do what and how to modify or craft gear. The game requires googling on the second monitor.

I think the Imperial Agent story is the most interesting so far and Sith Inquisitor is the worst.
The worldbuilding, choices that affect the story outcomes and the overall grounding of the story are the best aspects of the game.

The game would be greatly improved if it offered two additional storylines for Empire players wishing to join the Republic and Republic players defecting to Empire. It's would be very immersive and dynamic to be able to do dramatic choices on this scale.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:12 PM
-->
Project Zomboid.

Steepest learning curve I've dealt with in a while, I actually had to turn the difficulty down to keep my sanity while I learn the ropes. It's a third-person zombie survival simulator. Rough and ugly controls, but once you're used to it the game offers a lot.

One thing I find interesting is that it's permadeath, but you can continue in the same world. So instead of having consistent character progression, you have a consistent meta-progression (both positive and negative - the power and water get cut over time and the world runs out of food).

Another thing is the level of planning involved. The zombies are slow but persistent. You are not in danger of being outrun by them, but you are in danger of them shambling you into the ground as you tire and they don't. Every action is risk-reward, and one mistake can cost you your character and everything they carry.

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Keno right now because there is a new game every three minutes.
I'm practicing my intuitive skills, and strategy skills.
No big winners, five correct numbers only gives $2 win.
I have won $130 on the Diggi games and find it pays best on certain days like Sunday.
Trying the strategy to chose all one row of numbers for now.
Well, I've learned that Keno is the least likely game to win on and its better to chose 6 numbers and win smaller amount than
to chose 10 numbers which is hardly ever possible to chose all ten right.
And play a maximum of $10-20 and once a week is best.
Ah, another thing to try are consecutive numbers like 33, 34, 35 they say, but its not working for me.
Best bet is close eyes, and visualize numbers.

Attachments

• Some Numbers.jpg
    Some Numbers.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 44

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
Well, not playing these, but remembering some early 1980's Commodore 64 or DOS computer games with this video:

I built a DOS computer and the program on it had a Wheel of Fortune game that I actually did like.

Here is a Windows based Wheel of Fortune that you can really play online:

Here is Zork, you have to type a line in and imagine your next play! Lol:

birdsnestfern

Earthling
Local time
-->
I'm getting the hang of these digital lottery cards, (maybe). First if you play about 4 or 5 of the safe stash games, you will build up some winnings, then use that to play Jumbo Royal Bucks, and the Pirate game and when you play 5 or 10 dollars each game, for 2 or 3 attempts, often some winning will happen. But just as easily, you will want to keep going until you use it up. So, I'm spending about 20 every other day but its still fun to have a chance at a big win anyway. Won 90 and 50 yesterday. Then I blew it back down to 9.50, so ha ha, I'm not there yet. I'm really wanting to win 30K or more to buy a decent van style RV with, thats my goal anyway. The thing I must do immediately if I win is deposit the winnings back to my account, but that hasn't worked yet, lol.

Attachments

• Safestash 050723.jpg
    Safestash 050723.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 43
  • Jumbo B 050723.jpg
    Jumbo B 050723.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom