• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are you playing?

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 3:59 PM
-->

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:59 PM
-->

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
Yesterday 7:59 PM
-->
Re: Stack the Cats - what are you playing?

ugh... could only take so much of that :p Got to level 5 and had to suicide. The audio was great though :D

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I thought the original was Columns for Sega Genesis, I had that one hehe.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Come on people, I know there are gamers among us :D

I recently got Bioshock (a FPS), the setting is an attempt of Galt's Gulch that went really wrong, pretty interesting. Try it if you havent.

Decaf

Professional Amateur
Local time
Yesterday 7:59 PM
-->

I still play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. It has the most ease of communication that I'm aware of still. The voice chat in other games often gets out of hand and requires too much management, but text is much nicer. That and objective oriented team play is much more fun to me than death matches (that's the realm of the INTJ I believe)

If you're interested in playing it, the game is free, downloadable at PlanetWolfenstein. I'm an admin on a fairly popular server at et.ofclan.net (OF Clan stands for Old Farts can the members have to be 30+ to join. We have a number of 50 and 60 year olds playing an action FPS and some of them are pretty damn good).

*Stabbity*

Local time
Yesterday 9:59 PM
-->

Eve Online MMORPG on the PC and Mass Effect on the 360.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
Yesterday 10:59 PM
-->

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

wow what the hell, lor... I was totally sitting down to do physics, saw this thread and said "hm... wonder what that could be?" and decided to play a game.... which proceeded to last about an hour and a half. I could swear that thing is programmed to drop a dog whenever you're about to lose--I finally decided to kill myself with a score of 289k because it drained almost my whole night :mad: :rolleyes:

edit: make that more like 2 1/2 hours... I just checked the forum time, and fernando hadn't posted yet when I started playing.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->

That's a real challenge - I need to slow down with the mouse so I don't lose that moment when the pattern almost comes together.

This one is more of a morality test than a game...

I see the guns, I see the bunny. I want to play, but my connection's too slow to load the thing before I run out of patience.

wow what the hell, lor...

Procrastination requires no, umm. Excuses. :D

Each time I have to stop playing because I get numbing cramps in my hand from I don't know how long of tapping arrow keys as fast as I can. The addiction's worn off now and I don't think I ever broke the 200k mark.

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
Today 3:59 AM
-->

I do "Civilization IV". I wish I could play "Spore" , but my computer hates me. I love "Block Dude" on my graphing calculater (an epitome of nerdy).

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 4:59 AM
-->

Currently playing Final Fantasy V and Neverwinter Nights 1.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Final Fantasy XII on an emulator (yes, it works fine), Assassin's Creed and some Dynasty Warriors 6 every now and then.

FusionKnight

It's not my fault!
Local time
-->
Fallout 3. Pretty fun so far. Kinda like an American S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Much better than previous Bethesda games (Oblivion, I'm looking at you, you piece of crap "5-NPC-faces-1-voice-actor-game".)

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
Today 2:59 AM
-->
I'm playing the original final fantasy...

it's awesome...

Basically it has everything you'd expect, the potions, the spells, the badly named enemies...

Hrm..

I had fun naming my amazing squad..

Currently they're lucifer, Hades, Baldr, and Ambyre./

Being a theif, a black mage, a warrior, and a white mage..

Sadly the game is sexist, and I discovered after a while that poor ambyre is in fact a man..

oopsies...

Sapphire Harp

Local time
Yesterday 8:59 PM
-->

I wish I could play "Spore" , but my computer hates me.

Oi, I tried spore and thought it was absolutely fantastic in the cellular and creature stages... then I got to the tribe level. And the ones after it. It was like divergent evolution happened in the first two stages - then everything all closed down into this narrow little arcade game. When I saw what it became, I deleted it within a day or two of starting to play it. It was an impressive conceptual attempt - but there are really -no- interesting games in it past the first two stages. I am so glad I downloaded it to try instead of buying it... :evil:

I'm kinda between games right now. I've been going back to Starcraft every now and then when I need to play something these days.

Oh, and everyone should try Poking the Penguin. One play might be enough... but you never know what might happen... :D

EB's morality test is wonderful!

inerTia

Local time
-->

I am so glad I downloaded it to try instead of buying it... :evil:

I'm kinda between games right now. I've been going back to Starcraft every now and then when I need to play something these days.

I think this trend is quite evident these days, most of the games are not that great, compared to the good old stuff, star craft, counter strike etc. It seems all they care about is the eye candy and than they end up forgetting, if the game looks pretty, but is insanely crap in the game play sense, no one would even bother playing it again.

As for me, I am currently playing re5, and falling back to the old games as well.

I use to play "defend the castle" lol just to waste time

http://www.xgenstudios.com/game.php?keyword=castle

so check that out, I don't think there is a maximum limit, I've reached a high level before my computer crashed a long time ago still unsure so if any one reaches level 50+ I would not be surprised if there is more.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->

System Shock 2 is most likely the best game of all time. Looking Glass were freaking geniuses.

Dr. Why

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Right now I am playing a game of Civilization III, though later I intend to play a game of Dungeons and Dragons with some friends of mine.

Jules

Local time
-->
Any of the games here are rather nice

Top Bottom