• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What gives you the incentive/willpower/strength to keep going and stay "alive"?

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
Today 12:54 AM
-->
Learning, experiencing as much of history as possible, self-improvement, the like. My main purpose is to make the world as much of a better place as I can, through the vast and powerful branches of decision-making. The fact that each decision has its own set of consequences and alternatives is fascinating.

I also like traveling, which couples with learning. Getting out there and exploring the world is very rewarding.

RaBind

sparta? THIS IS MADNESS!!!
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
The fact that even if life isn't amazing, it's not complete crap either. I'm used to and not too bothered by mediocrity at this point really. Plus I've got family, food, video games and stuff that are interesting enough.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
The sheer power of awesome that I am! The world needs me. Without me the world has no meaning.

uskal

Redshirt
Local time
-->
The alternative probably sucks. And if I'm in such a painful state that even this alternative would be better I have the optimism that things get better. And if I would truly believe the alternative was actually amazing theres the loved ones I don't want leave.
I guess if the pain was so hard, I wouldnt care how long it lasts it just had to stop right now, I would have nothing to keep me here.

Bock

caffeine fiend
Local time
Today 5:54 AM
-->
Consciousness reanimates in this body every morning and that's about it.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Yesterday 9:54 PM
-->
I am more worried about not living long enough to see all that humanity discovers than I am about stupid little finite sufferings.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
I just don't think about it. I learned it from sensors

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
Personal artistic and technological goals, that might also benefit humanity, although it's more important to satisfy my own creative / intellectual ego within my own lifespan. It seems whenever I'm putting my attention into "trying to solve the world's problems", I'm really avoiding my own problems and need to address those.

I have a dog who depends on me. I did something rather old fashioned when I adopted him. I took a vow that I'd never leave him. Only vow I've taken in my life. The meaning of a vow is my choice; keeping it is my inscription upon a hostile universe.

I have good relations with my family, that I've worked at keeping good, and I don't wish to hurt them by suddenly vanishing.

emmabobary

*snore*
Local time
-->
That someday this unbearable existence will end.
Someday I will reach the end.
Yep, I´m that coward... :)

tomr

Redshirt
Local time
-->
IF to confuse, inject - taken in before was ... not another before some, if music if,...if then then maybe once and twice. Something nice would allow for humor , more of that or less there was something better. Watch there extinction as he said, mine some evolution maybe... prison. Think a prison gone. hopefully.

Top Bottom