• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What songs are you listening to? /III/

moody

Local time
Today 5:07 AM
-->
@Marbles I really like the piece you posted...nice minimalist with a bit of jazz thing going on there. Do you like Philip Glass?

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Today 1:07 PM
-->
@moody I've only heard some stray pieces of his. I've really liked what I've heard, though, so I'm not sure why I haven't delved into him. I'll have a closer listen, thanks for the recommendation!

Btw, what's your instrument?

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 12:07 PM
-->
I just had to be greedy and add two:

Rebis

Local time
-->

Very synthy I love it, truly at a loss I don't have headphones on my way to work.

That's a surprising light rise against song, or maybe I've just watched way too many music videos with angsty upbeat rise against songs.

Send moar.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Rebis That's real good. I havent heard much Modern Lovers, but i love this:

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 8:07 AM
-->
Very synthy I love it, truly at a loss I don't have headphones on my way to work.

That's a surprising light rise against song, or maybe I've just watched way too many music videos with angsty upbeat rise against songs.

Send moar.

Yeah, much better with headphones. Essentially ear candy.
Show me what you consider angsty. Lol.

moody

Local time
Today 5:07 AM
-->
@moody I've only heard some stray pieces of his. I've really liked what I've heard, though, so I'm not sure why I haven't delved into him. I'll have a closer listen, thanks for the recommendation!

Btw, what's your instrument?

I like his violin concerto far more than I do his other music (but I particularly like it on the soprano saxophone, which is why I sent you a movement of that version). I'm not huge on a lot of minimalism in music, but do like it when the minimalist aspect isn't the focal point of the entire work.

I'm curious...what you do think I play? Most already know, or make a discernment based off of my vibe/what I look like.

Rebis

Local time
-->
Phoebe bridge really hit the feels there, I can't sleep beside someone at the moment, I stay up all night go to a few lectures then sleep midday. Wednesday was probably the last time I'll see them romantically, it was an incomplete love story before we reached the 5m mark in an hour episode. A Book I read when I was a kid was about an architect having a relationship with a journalist, this journalist wowed all the boys everyone was after her yet she denied them all. The architect was a workaholic, truly ambitious and determined in his goal and the only attention he would ever give was to her. She hated that she loved him, that she wanted to be with him. They stayed up all night (what we done) and kept it all hidden from others. It's not that they were being secretive, it's just the architect (Howard) will only give her the exclusive attention she wants.

A lot of other themes in that love story which I really liked, but that's for another day.

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Phoebe bridge really hit the feels there, I can't sleep beside someone at the moment, I stay up all night go to a few lectures then sleep midday. Wednesday was probably the last time I'll see them romantically, it was an incomplete love story before we reached the 5m mark in an hour episode. A Book I read when I was a kid was about an architect having a relationship with a journalist, this journalist wowed all the boys everyone was after her yet she denied them all. The architect was a workaholic, truly ambitious and determined in his goal and the only attention he would ever give was to her. She hated that she loved him, that she wanted to be with him. They stayed up all night (what we done) and kept it all hidden from others. It's not that they were being secretive, it's just the architect (Howard) will only give her the exclusive attention she wants.

A lot of other themes in that love story which I really liked, but that's for another day.

Yeah, definitely. The truth in her expressed paradox is alluring for me.

Sure, tell me whenever. :)

Rebis

Local time
-->
This forum will be good for revisiting.

The first song was strange with the slow instrumental but fast vocals, think there was a little time dilation it felt longer than 2 minutes. I'll listen to the second one again tomorrow to get a feel for it.

Rebis

Local time
-->
If we keep this up I could make a playlist dedicated to you, just a fleeting thought haha

Rebis

Local time
-->

Just realised I think I may have read the situation wrong and hurt her feelings. I'll have to try and resolve this tomorrow but she's surrounded by 20 people at any given in class. Silly boy.

I'll either get her a small gift saying sorry or apologise to her anonymously through our lectures online pollEv
Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Tenacity

Local time
-->

Just realised I think I may have read the situation wrong and hurt her feelings. I'll have to try and resolve this tomorrow but she's surrounded by 20 people at any given in class. Silly boy.

I'll either get her a small gift saying sorry or apologise to her anonymously through our lectures online pollEv

Wait, why don't you text her, or talk to her in person, and ask her to go off somewhere private?

Tenacity

Local time
-->
If we keep this up I could make a playlist dedicated to you, just a fleeting thought haha
I'd feel special. Would certainly return the gesture.

Although for me to send music you actually enjoy:
What are your tastes/distastes in genres/styles?
How much do you value the visuals/video aspect?

Rebis

Local time
-->
I sent her a snap, emotions are a fleeting thing, she's responding atm let's hope it goes well.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@moody

I don't feel like I know you yet, but here goes... You're probably an INTP, you watch twoset violin and listen to Philip Glass, I'm guessing you're a classical musician. Violin, piano?

Rebis

Local time
-->
Wait, why don't you text her, or talk to her in person, and ask her to go off somewhere private?

Talked to her last night about it at the sacrifice of sleep, thankfully it was short. Conflict resolution is simple when you're a xNTx type.

Rebis

Local time
-->

In terms of music the only genre I really haven't found a taste for is death metal, a lot of screaming and anger that I can't resonate with. I listen to FOLK metal occasionally and some heavy metal but it's rare.

I generally like every other genre, I like unique tastes. The visual aspect used to be very important for me but I listen to a lot of music in the background now so my eyes are paying attention to something else. I've watched a lot of AMVs that blend visual splendor and musical intensity such as:

and scenes like this, the sound amplifies the effect tenfold:

Having said all this I have a mental image of what you look like, your behaviour, expressionism and so on. So when you suggest music to me it synergises well with my image of who you are, it adds a layer to the music if you will, the indie music complements the artist

Tenacity

Local time
-->

In terms of music the only genre I really haven't found a taste for is death metal, a lot of screaming and anger that I can't resonate with. I listen to FOLK metal occasionally and some heavy metal but it's rare.

I generally like every other genre, I like unique tastes. The visual aspect used to be very important for me but I listen to a lot of music in the background now so my eyes are paying attention to something else. I've watched a lot of AMVs that blend visual splendor and musical intensity such as:

and scenes like this, the sound amplifies the effect tenfold:

Having said all this I have a mental image of what you look like, your behaviour, expressionism and so on. So when you suggest music to me it synergises well with my image of who you are, it adds a layer to the music if you will, the indie music complements the artist

Also, you're watching on your phone, yeah?

Cool, AMV is new to me as I don't watch anime, though I do find it thought-provoking.

I have an affinity for well-produced music videos when there is synthesis between the musician/artist and director/producers, thus narrative elements add layers of depth which more precisely parallel the dynamic structure of the song while acting as a window into another world. (I.e. I was surprised to find myself holding back tears upon watching Seafret - Oceans)

Rebis

Local time
-->
Also, you're watching on your phone, yeah?

Cool, AMV is new to me as I don't watch anime, though I do find it thought-provoking.

I have an affinity for well-produced music videos when there is synthesis between the musician/artist and director/producers, thus narrative elements add layers of depth which more precisely parallel the dynamic structure of the song while acting as a window into another world. (I.e. I was surprised to find myself holding back tears upon watching Seafret - Oceans)
I don't watch on my phone no. There are songs that take me to another world, at least perceptibly through music. I do find it's classical music that really gets my imagination rolling, it relaxes me so I can try and visualise a world. Here are a few songs that really pick up my imagination:

I love all three of them, but the westworld opening is fantastic, I Visualise conception, birth, journey, pursuit, love, becoming old, passing on my story to others while still maintaining a glimmer of light in my old eyes. Of course there is an animated representation with the link but I can create a mental image without the video, I like a lot of Ramin Dwjandi's work.

Some songs like the ones above have just exploded my mind and I'll revisit them with the same feelings rippling across time. Jumping through a portal in time to the moment I first heard it. I'm not one to cry much but the first one makes me feel teary, with cold shivers across my body. The shivers are good though, it feels like a spiritual awakening.

Rebis

Local time
-->
When I feel incompetent I put this song on, it attacks me personally making me feel vulnerable and when we deal with vulnerable emotions it feels meaningful. Experiencing something meaningful always resets my views.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 2:07 PM
-->

Rebis

Local time
-->
Seen the first two, Yiruma is on my heavy classical repeat mainly for showers.

I for some strange reason avoid studio ghilbi, maybe it's the animation style.
Happiness does not wait, the background looked reminiscent of how The O'neill cyclinder would be structured: You can see balloons rising up but not necessarily to the sky, it looks like a closed system. In the background there is an adjacent gear/cog which could lock off the dome from the centripedal motors. The song title synergises well with the idea of the O'neill cyclinder, progress doesn't occur naturally it does not wait we must innovate quickly.

The increase in the tempo and complexity gives me the visualisation that the O'neill cyclinder is leaving earth and the people inside it are going through the mental transition: To rise they are waiting, when they rise they start to consider they're leaving earth, and then the violin kicks in and it's like "The stars are upon us, let us create a new eden!". The ending makes me think of horrible, cautionary images of how dreamers are put down in society, they reach a tumultous asteroid, creatures appear on the outer windows of the cylinder and darkness is upon them.

Quiet resource is nice but I can't think of a mood it synergises with me personally, it reminds me of a simple man in industrial era england, he cycles everywhere says a few witty phrases to the locals. A simple man, no envy are desire befalls on him. He keeps repeating factory work so the dark interludes are him questioning his existence.

Definitely not seeing the ENTJ again but I think it'll be cool between us, NT types can reset those emotions pretty well.

Saturn Reminds me of a dream I had when I was young, where against all dimensions I currently understood at the time (2D Model of a 3D universe), the earth inverted itself from the inner to outer core, the atmosphere was in the centre because there was no space between the mantle and space. So me and some other people made a chain while lying down on the mantle and we penetrated the atmosphere, and like an object penetrating the atmosphere the colour red was around us as we got flipped outside into space. We didn't float into space but we kinda became a human wall for planet earth.

The last one fluctuates a lot, I'm thinking of a neglected person who finally understood something no one else has. A little nerd this guy, but 70s nerd so suit pants and a shirt. He's created little universes with his newfound knowledge, letting his friends know, the knowledge gets to an international organization they start to use his knowledge to innovative the world so I picture his timeline of progress. Bit hazy that one though
[/QUOTE]

Rebis

Local time
-->
This was my jam when I was 8, thankyou discount section:
Oh pretty lady, recognise I too can tap into my sensitivity:

Tenacity

Local time
-->
LOL. Misheard a word in the first song as "We're on the SAME SHIT" and bursted out laughing

I enjoy these unique perspectives, certainly a world away from what I would listen to alone. Music seems to go beyond being therapeutic. It captures time and enables us to transcend it.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Serac

Would you consider making a public Spotify playlist with your favorite electronic tracks?

Top Bottom