• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

When is QuickTwist getting banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 4:01 PM
-->
IF there is a mod available...

I make a lot of posts in a very short time frame. I don't want to get banned so I will listen if a mod tells me not to do so to the extent that I do make fast and furious posts. I'd prefer to hear this sooner rather that later because if its later it usually means its too late to correct the mistake. I am trying to be proactive about this so a a simple post from a mod on this would be appreciated.

If by the off chance its not a problem at all them I can still try and tone it down if there is a suggestion to do so.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
Re: IF there is a mod available...

Far as I can tell you're doing fine.

It's only people who are disruptive or cause trouble who are banned.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

What about "crap posts?" Is that something I do too often?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->

That's something everyone does too often :D

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Lets not make this a serious -not serious thread. I was asking an honest question and I desire an honest response... by the mods. Unless you're a mod :confused: Anyways I'm just looking for the "official" response from the mods. I suck at reading between the lines.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 2:01 PM
-->

If you felt guilty, why'd you do it? :p

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

LOL that is hysterical. I feel no guilt man, just feeling things out.

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I make a lot of posts in a very short time frame. I don't want to get banned so I will listen if a mod tells me not to do so to the extent that I do make fast and furious posts. I'd prefer to hear this sooner rather that later because if its later it usually means its too late to correct the mistake. I am trying to be proactive about this so a a simple post from a mod on this would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure you've spoken to at least two of us about this very issue before.

If you know you're doing something that will get you on our shit list then don't do it.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
Today 10:01 PM
-->

Why would you make a thread over something you could just ask a mod? Because attention of course. Most of your posts serve the purpose of painting a picture of yourself as this dark crazy guy who no one can understand but everyone should respect.

Bah I better get to ignoring ya lol.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

I'm pretty sure you've spoken to at least two of us about this very issue before.

If you know you're doing something that will get you on our shit list then don't do it.

Thats not a strait answer. I would prefer a strait answer because I don't know what you are saying be that.

Why would you make a thread over something you could just ask a mod? Because attention of course. Most of your posts serve the purpose of painting a picture of yourself as this dark crazy guy who no one can understand but everyone should respect.

Bah I better get to ignoring ya lol.

Yes I like attention so sue me. I'm really not that dark at all. I am crazy though in an undesirable way of coarse. I think people on this forum are probably really good at understanding me which is probably why I stick around.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

I have for gotten what the answer was Abs.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 3:01 PM
-->

I have for gotten what the answer was Abs.

your fine but it annoys him that you already asked
it is something you don't want to keep asking over and over
you just need to be less clueless about such things because it seems to be on purpose when its not

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Its not on purpose, but I totally understand why someone would think it was.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 11:01 PM
-->

i wonder why you put IF in capitals

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 11:01 PM
-->

I'm going to close this thread cos it's ripe for trolling.

If the moderation thinks your behavior is out of line, someone will tell you. For starters, don't make a circus out of yourself.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I feel this is something the mods may have possibly overlooked.

I feel my posts do not at all conform to what is normally shared on this forum. Science, Math, Articles and the serious discussion of all of these is something I never really talk about. Why is this? I have no idea, it doesn't interest me.

Why am I still here? I feel my posts, although a bit witty at times, never really go anywhere. The mods clearly have no problem with this. My question is why? It makes it seem as though the mods would rather have me here than not have me here. This is puzzling to me on a number of levels. I mean what do I really actually ADD to the discussion?

In short, how are the mods admins viewing my posts that prevent me from getting banned?

With love from Russia,

/end of OP due to sheer boredom.

https://youtu.be/bu_sMqZyOTg

P.S. cannot get URL to work in form of video format on the forum so it remains a link (at least in preview)

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
[threads merged]

Well, I see that you've asked this at least a few times in the past, and I generally feel it was answered in the above posts. But I'll give it a try.

So far as I see, nothing you've done appears ban-worthy. But, like you, I do notice that your posts quality is 'meh'-sh with a lot of small fluff posts. Occasionally they're also counterproductive to the thread's OP, and subtly contribute to the derailing of threads by more assertive parties. But right now shitposting has become such a 'norm' that one could hardly mention it!

Still, if your own conscience tells you that you don't seem to have much to offer or add here, I say you should listen to it, rather than idle aimlessly, no? It does hurt the forum quality in the long run, in that slow-death kind of way.

We should aim for that better direction, imo. So it may be problematic in the future. Also, please PM the mods with further questions about this, rather than starting another thread. Thanks!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
No, I just find it amusing in a funny sort of way. I think life is largely pointless and so there is really no reason to make posts analyzing necessarily what is directly from the OP. Why not make things as pointless and absurd as possible [to reflect life] all the while having a bit of fun?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
No, I just find it amusing in a funny sort of way. I think life is largely pointless and so there is really no reason to make posts analyzing necessarily what is directly from the OP. Why not make things as pointless and absurd as possible [to reflect life] all the while having a bit of fun?
That may be true in the grand scheme of things...
Though a public setting (like this forum) is a different story. Moderation still exists because communities have subjective biases. People don't want trash in their parks. So a collective will is called for.

A community is injured by members who are only here to have one-directional dialogues, or who don't really care how their posts affect the overall landscape, but just want to spew out whatever comes out.

Posters who are non-contributive, but not necessarily bannable, have always presented a difficult situation. Borderline cases like DaBlob and BAP were eventually banned because ultimately, they were posting for nobody else - or were just unreceptive to any pleas for modification.

I will ask that if you wish to post, you do so with a consideration for the OP's wishes and the attention/time of those around you. Given what you just mentioned, I may be inclined to cut the story short rather than have it drag on for many years to come, as happened with the others.
I suppose this counts as a warning! So be warned. :kodama1:
/thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom