• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Who's ambitious, has a lot of free time and knows psychology really well?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 9:35 AM
-->
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for someone who can come up with a really good danger sensing test. Something that tests your instincts. I did a quick google search and was really surprised that I couldn't find anything *shock* lol. I'm pretty sure there are a ton of you out there who would fit the bill perfectly. It just becomes a question of who wants to invest the time and energy to be one of the pioneers for putting together a heart pumping, strategic, and boot shaking system that places the test taker in an immersive test that pits them against you using only words and scenarios.

I would love to review the test and possibly give feedback to anyone who would undertake this good thing that we would be doing.

Best regards,

QT

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Panzergrenadier
Local time
Today 3:35 PM
-->
Can you flesh the idea out a bit more? How will the test be taken, who's it for, what kind of questions or scenarios, what kind of things does the person have to do in the scenario?

Sounds extremely interesting.

Grayman

Team Ignorant
Local time
Today 7:35 AM
-->
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for someone who can come up with a really good danger sensing test. Something that tests your instincts. I did a quick google search and was really surprised that I couldn't find anything *shock* lol. I'm pretty sure there are a ton of you out there who would fit the bill perfectly. It just becomes a question of who wants to invest the time and energy to be one of the pioneers for putting together a heart pumping, strategic, and boot shaking system that places the test taker in an immersive test that pits them against you using only words and scenarios.

I would love to review the test and possibly give feedback to anyone who would undertake this good thing that we would be doing.

Best regards,

QT

Physical dangers?
Social dangers?
The greatest fear... the unknown? we could use a test such as http://www.learnmyself.com/personality.asp?p=Optimism-Test for the unknown and a little for social.

Are you talking about perceiving danger or reacting to danger? I would imagine a pessimist can perceive danger and react to it much faster but risks false negative perceptions more often. An optimist does not see danger as easily so does not react as fast. An optimist is the brave warrior that stands firm the face of danger regardless of the cost. The pessimist is the skittish rogue who anticipates danger and skirts around it striking when it is more safe.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
The ability to deal with danger in the best way possible. Each danger will be of a different sort. Question for example: You are trying to sleep and you hear your door break in. What do you do? Stuff like that. It could be like one of those books where you make a choice and then turn to the page which corresponds to the choice you made. I suck at psychology, I am not a strategist mastermind and I don't know how to get inside peoples heads which is why I want someone else to do it. I want it to be good not mediocre.

Grayman

Team Ignorant
Local time
-->
The ability to deal with danger in the best way possible. Each danger will be of a different sort. Question for example: You are trying to sleep and you hear your door break in. What do you do? Stuff like that. It could be like one of those books where you make a choice and then turn to the page which corresponds to the choice you made. I suck at psychology, I am not a strategist mastermind and I don't know how to get inside peoples heads which is why I want someone else to do it. I want it to be good not mediocre.

A decision means there is a goal. To stay alive or to save someone else... Ultimately if you stay alive but you sacrifice others to get there you would be a strategist mastermind but what else would you be?

"Your son is next to you and you have an idea... You grab your son and hold him out in front of you as the intruder fires. You son absorbs the bullets allowing you to get close enough to the intruder to tackle him. Your son is now dead but lucily you and the rest of your family are still alive. I am certain you can be proud of yourself in your quick actions and willingness to do what you had to to save your family. - Go back to page 45 to pick another option"

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Here's what I got BTW. I'm a firm believer that I controls what happens to me.

[Edit] BTW, I would try talking to the person with the gun first (if they found me before I found them).

Attachments

• OP PES.png
    OP PES.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 81

Grayman

Team Ignorant
Local time
-->
Here's what I got BTW. I'm a firm believer that I controls what happens to me.

That sounds overly optimistic. I am a firm believer that I always have choice when something happens. That choice is to let it bring me down and become more than it is or to move on.

TMills27

beep
Local time
Today 10:35 AM
-->
When a person gets into a dangerous situation, first, it triggers off the fight/flight response. You may have heard that numerous times before, but let me tell you, everything in the body is vastly different than usual when this happens. As the adrenaline makes the heart beat faster, the body starts focusing on the muscles for better reflexes, and another important aspect of this mode is that some parts of the brain get turned off!

Our system for danger is made so that we cannot analyze and problem solve, because taking the time for doing so could get you killed in a split-second decision. So basically, the control is taken off of you, and your brain goes into automatic override. Your brain hijacked, your forced to act based (somehow) on what the amagdale/hippocampus believes to be best (usually in some form of fighting or fleeing).

Perhaps, the best way is to be prepared. Taking martial arts classes, or self-defense, tuning your body to be faster and more effecient, or whatever idea you can come up with. The idea is to practice so that it becomes second-nature, and to the point where there is no need to make a conscious effort towards it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
That sounds overly optimistic. I am a firm believer that I always have choice when something happens. That choice is to let it bring me down and become more than it is or to move on.

I'm not really an optimist.

When a person gets into a dangerous situation, first, it triggers off the fight/flight response. You may have heard that numerous times before, but let me tell you, everything in the body is vastly different than usual when this happens. As the adrenaline makes the heart beat faster, the body starts focusing on the muscles for better reflexes, and another important aspect of this mode is that some parts of the brain get turned off!

Our system for danger is made so that we cannot analyze and problem solve, because taking the time for doing so could get you killed in a split-second decision. So basically, the control is taken off of you, and your brain goes into automatic override. Your brain hijacked, your forced to act based (somehow) on what the amagdale/hippocampus believes to be best (usually in some form of fighting or fleeing).

Perhaps, the best way is to be prepared. Taking martial arts classes, or self-defense, tuning your body to be faster and more effecient, or whatever idea you can come up with. The idea is to practice so that it becomes second-nature, and to the point where there is no need to make a conscious effort towards it.

You make a good point. Train your body, train your mind. I was hoping there could be someone out there good enough to figure it out and come up with some fantastic test, but it looks like easier said than done.

TMills27

beep
Local time
Today 10:35 AM
-->
In an example of having your car spin out of control, it is better for the person when they have been put in this position before. Knowing what to do becomes second nature without conscious thinking.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Does anyone else have anything to say on the matter? Don't get me wrong it is not easy to be able to get people to feel fear just from reading something, but that would be the challenge of my idea. Fear is the motivating factor of how we perceive danger. Getting someone who really knows how to scare people and maybe even enjoys it a little is the longshot I am aiming for. I am not the type to try and scare people; I have a very unassuming nature. I typically just try to get people to give up which is why i need someone like the Joker in batman. Catch my drift?

Now for some fun music.

http://youtu.be/uAE6Il6OTcs

Top Bottom