• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Would you eat yourself?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
In the age of lab grown meat, if you could grow meat made of you, would you be ok with eating yourself? Would you be ok with cannibalism if the human meat were grown?

JansenDowel

Local time
Today 5:03 PM
-->
In the age of lab grown meat, if you could grow meat made of you, would you be ok with eating yourself? Would you be ok with cannibalism if the human meat were grown?

I would. I don't think it counts as cannibalism. Just like you are not eating an animals when you consume lab grown meat, you are not eating humans when you consume lab grown meat.

Volstar

home is where your heart is
Local time
Today 6:03 AM
-->
No. Why r u curious about this.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 11:03 PM
-->
eek

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:03 PM
-->
Actually as I think about it that might not be a good idea, the body has various mechanisms for recognizing foreign matter and native tissue to mitigate issues like a puncture wound to your stomach/intestines causing you to digest yourself to death, although that is an extremely serious wound.

So yeah eating yourself might cause indigestion or train the bacteria in your gut to attack your immune system, then again if the meat's cooked then there's no DNA it's just cooked meat.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Now the real question is if someone tells you to go fuck yourself and you make a dildo/fleshlight out of your own lab grown flesh, does that count?

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->
I don’t socialize too much about this kind of thing like a fucking retard.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
C'mon man do be so hard on yourself.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:03 PM
-->
I didn’t mean I was, just people who do that are.

Deleted member 1424

Considering how much I bite the inside of my cheek, I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference. Plus your body is constantly reabsorbing and rebuilding itself. You absolutely have to make a point to avoid all neural tissue though, unless you want prions.

I do doubt human meat would be very efficient compared to other lab grown options. Although this premise allows for lots of exciting medical experiments that are too unethical to perform at this point in time; especially if you were growing full brain-dead bodies and not just muscle tissue.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Well it's still going to need a brain stem to regulate breathing/heart-rate/hormones and a little bit of neural tissue to get those muscles moving so it doesn't have circulation/atrophy problems.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 5:03 AM
-->
I mean I wouldnt mind really, cause there is no harm done to sentient being, but Id have issue with the quality of nutrition. Id suppose by the time we can grow lab meat we will probably be able to make such complex cocktails of nutritions that lab meat wont be much of a thing. I mean even knowdays there are lot of companies trying to produce all kinds of super drinks and shakes and what have you with huge nutritions values and whatever else they can put into those things.

Top Bottom