• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Writing game!

Viaterum Orbis

Game Master this time
Local time
Today 6:10 AM
-->
Hi guys! I came up today with a game we use to play in the university club (we have a few writers there and it's awesome).

It's simple. Each person writes a scene and the others continue it where it ended. I know it sounds pretty random, but that's part of the fun. You can get to build serious plots, though.

Have fun!
Try to leave at least three posts of between yours for the randomness to happen.

Viaterum Orbis

Game Master this time
Local time
-->
SCENE 1
By Viaterum Orbis

Chaos. That was all I remembered, a confusing blob of thoughts and memories mixed in an indistinguishable muttering in my head.

"Where am I?"

The first I saw was the nothingness of the room. A perfectly blank and empty room, if not for me, of course. And my clothes, lying besides me... white clothing.

There was no bed, or sheets. Nothing at all. No door, no windows, and even... no walls? Wait, I can feel them. What?

Oh, of course. Walls are so clean and white that I can't see them unless I put my hand before them and see a dim shadow on the walls. The floor is white too, and there's no way to tell if there is ceiling or not above me, since I can't reach it. I suppose there must be something, though.

"Where does the light come from?" It's all illuminated, but there are no visible shadows anywhere in the room.

"Hello?"

Nothing happens, of course. How did I get here? What are these clothes? What is this place?

Suddenly, a red bulb on the wall turns on, bathing the room with its bloody light. Didn't see the bulb before.

"Are you awake now?"

Who is speaking? I see nobody. Does it have something to do with the scarlet bulb? That voice, it sounds like an adult woman, with a weird accent... maybe a synthetic voice?

"Yes. Who are you?"

"Good. We can start now."

One of the walls opened and formed a kind of door, leading to a hall illuminated by similar red bulbs.

"This is where your journey begins".

I have a very bad feeling about this.

Sorry if my english is kinda lame, not native in this language hehe

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:10 PM
-->
Time passes.

The female voice again "Please proceed into the hallway."

"I'm getting dressed."

"Oh, yes, of course."

It was the truth but it wasn't all I was doing, as I dress myself I touch the floor and walls, smooth like plastic, slightly warm, the shadow under my finger suggests the light is coming from above. Some cold foreign part of my mind tells me I could probably dig through the wall with my nails if I had a few days to dedicate to the task but in all likelihood I did not.

"I'm in the hallway now, can you see me?"

"I cannot, please proceed to the first test chamber."

"And if I refuse?"

"You fail."

Somehow I know with absolute certainty that failure is not an option.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today 10:10 AM
-->
Desperately, I search my memory, but I find that trying to recall how or why I am here is akin to trying to remember a dream, concentrating harder only pushes information away, like trying to grasp more tightly a handful of sand. Disjointed fragments float to the surface of my mind: the shock of entering cool water and suddenly being engulfed, muting the sound of children playing in the distance, sunshine filtering down, a feeling of peace. How long ago ? A wave of nostalgia and pain hits me. The sensations are near and undoubtedly real, even if they provide no narrative. I wonder briefly whether this place is the dream, but with every step closer to the door of the test chamber I know with more certainty that I am awake. Drugs. The only rational explanation for any of this is drugs.

A plain door stands ajar, white light filtering into the red hallway.

"Please enter the test chamber."

I push open the door. There is someone sitting at a table in a white gown staring at me. A blonde woman of about 30. She looks at me with large blue eyes, round with shock.

Viaterum Orbis

Game Master this time
Local time
-->
"So, how are you adapting to your new body?" She said.

"Uh?"

"Of course, memories are always the most difficult parts to recover"

"Memories? Who were all these children? And the water?"

The woman seemed to write down something on a notebook I didn't notice earlier.

"It's ok; you can go to your cell now"

"Ok?"

I walked to the hallway again and looked back at the woman just before the door shut. I could watch her talking to someone, maybe with a microphone on her head. "The subject starts to remember, I'm asking permission to start over."

Start over?

I enter my cell. It's changed, there's a bed, probably attached to the walls somehow. I should take a nap...

Wait, where am I?

Top Bottom