• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Yeaah..

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 9:32 PM
-->
Just talk about life. Your existence, views on the universe... things you sense. Any old thing. Like random thoughts but more personalised, focused on what is around you, what is your environment.

Past few weeks I was discing on the tractor... swarm of 100+ storks, migrating from Europe, followed me as I worked.

tmp-cam--981391635.jpg

They cuaght mostly crickets but once... one had a large bullfrog in its maw. A hawk swept down once, twice, thrice! trying to win that frog. The stork dodged, and the hawk desisted, flying towards a nearby tree.

And today I saw an old zulu woman, blind in one eye, probably 80+. Her earlobes were pierced with great halfmoon gaps and hanging loosely. An artifact of tribal times past.

About three months ago I stopped a Zulu man from inadverdently driving over a tortoise while pulling a water cannon with an old FIAT 780. When I picked it up and approached him, he became greatly fearful, for superstition of reptiles is still rampant. That same man lost his son, a taxi driver. They abducted him in his own kombi, killed him along with others and let the bodies sink with bricks into a dam... fish and crab chewed before the police the corpses did unwater.

So... what is your chunk of planet like?

lightfire

Local time
Today 1:32 PM
-->
A stranger even in my own place of birth, and half way across the world, I question "what is home?". Moving my entire life from across the planet to another destination. Different people, food, tastes, smells, cultures, norms, standards of living. "Back home" is foreign to me, but that's the truth at least on my passport. Maybe one day I will find a concept of what home truly is.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:32 AM
-->
This morning I watched Aquaman with my father and grandfather at Chermside, they've gone back to my father's place for tea and biscuits. After that I went clothes shopping and ended up talking about D&D with a sales assistant, something like this happens every time I wear my "Crit Happens" shirt. Now I'm heading home on the bus and I plan to spend this evening studying for another IT certification.

It's a charmed life.

moody

Local time
Today 11:32 AM
-->
Is that eventful for you? How did you know about the man's son..? Did you have a conversation with him, or did you know beforehand?
yesterday I walked an hour to pick up materials. It was a bit humid, and not very scenic.... Someone important died the other day, and my life feels fundamentally different now. There's a clock ticking nearby me, and a bunch of books I need to get to in my corner. Along with a lot of recyclable material that I've been procrastinating on taking to get recycled. Yesterday I had yet another medical appointment and was told i need treatment for yet another thing, but I'm not going to do it anytime soon. I keep water nearby, and don't go outside often without reason. Too much crime. I've already been chased once, so I try to always run errands with another person I know who has to do the same things as well.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Is that eventful for you? How did you know about the man's son..? Did you have a conversation with him, or did you know beforehand?
Just a normal Sunday.
Whose son? I think you misread my post.

Helvete

Pizdec
Local time
Tomorrow 4:32 AM
-->
I don't check in here very often, but sometimes I too need to breathe. City life is a dirty concrete jungle, disconnected from natures ebbs and flows and all that comes with it. People are dead, apocalyptic zombies, repeating the same tasks mindlessly day in day out.

A familiar face peers up as I walk past, grubby and dishevelled. I toss coin in a fruitless gesture of good fortune and wish them well.

It is summer time now, with sun bearing down, brightening one side of the street whilst glass towers shade the other.
I awoke with a mosquito bite or two, a reminder I am still alive. This is soon but forgotten after immersing back into the daily routine.

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
Today I was conducting relaxing bussiness in a town 125 kms from me. Took this photo of a closed shop:
20190120_171401.jpg

A young zulu boy ran after me.

"Sir are you a builder? My mother needs someone to build a house. "

"No I work on a farm."

Oh... with stock, sir?

No, I drive tractors. Maize and patatoes. Mazamban.

We then bade each other farewell.

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->

Story developed over a matter of weeks, I work with him so my employers told me what was unfolding. Eventful... well you know, there are lotsa stories. News. Something I witness with my own eyes, thats eventful.

What type of crime do you experience?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

life
in the city
is this a life
or an existence?
people staring
a man is shouting
and he's running
from the police
outside the store
where i work

he's hit the ground
crying - raging!
at two pm
on a friday
afternoon

i'm buying coffee
down the lane
in the tiny
coffee shop
smiling people
and baristas
in black beards
booming beats!
and pretty girls
in combat boots
a little world
of caffeine
and happy people
close, together

they don't mind
because they're inside
and they're excited
about the world
just an insect
crushed to the ground
on a friday
at two pm
in the afternoon

she is standing
in the doorway
looks with fear
outside the door -
a locust plague
is moving through

dying people!
dead girl walking

i could help
but she's alone
in her fear
does my existence
have a purpose
if not at least
for someone else?

i am sick
of just me
i'm an insect
in a world
of pesticide
and caffeine

the man is crushed
by police
in combat gear
right outside
the combat shop
where we're drinking
coffee together,
smiling - happy!
at two pm
on a friday
afternoon

lightfire

Local time
Today 1:32 PM
-->
It might snow tonight and I hope it does. I will be up all night running across the neighborhood while everyone sleeps. Might actually get to make a snowman for once. :snowman:

Rook

enter text
Local time
-->
Its raining at last.

Still tame though... and its gone. Dry this year. Farmers in area take turns irrigating, on 12 hours shifts, so that the river does not peter out for those downstream... bloke farming way downstream waits 3 days for the river to travel 30kms.

moody

Local time
Today 11:32 AM
-->

Story developed over a matter of weeks, I work with him so my employers told me what was unfolding. Eventful... well you know, there are lotsa stories. News. Something I witness with my own eyes, thats eventful.

What type of crime do you experience?

reading that back makes where I am sound way more depressing that it is....sorry bout that! I’m pretty reclusive, so I’ve never been a victim. I get an email alert at least once or twice a month of reported molestation, rape, or fondling. Considering more cases of sexual assult ARENT reported...it probably happens more frequently than that. There has been quite a few thefts in my complex, but those tend to happen more so in waves than being frequently throughout the year. (Unless your not very intelligent and don’t lock your door regularly...)
Umm, I know of several sort of recent muggings, though. Where I grew up had a long of gang activity, so at least there’s not as much of that here! I’ve found that to be more dangerous in terms of casualties. Largely just being in the wrong place at the wrong time is actually dangerous, or waking space or dark areas alone. Not a whole lot of in-avoidable situations on my part of time, if you know what I mean (aka, don’t be dumb you you’re fine).

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 2:32 PM
-->
Watched the lunar eclipse the other night, even though it was -25c. Had to keep coming back inside to avoid frostnipping and frostbite. Was very difficult to get a good picture, but my brother managed to. Worked on a puzzle while warming up, finished it today, but one piece is missing. It got moved, and was destroyed somehow. Likely my sisters cat. May repair it, may not. Her birthday party is later today.

Attachments

• 6715D685-5892-4439-A34B-9B8101368DA9.jpeg
    6715D685-5892-4439-A34B-9B8101368DA9.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 215
  • 7CFB423C-2836-4F01-87F3-23D4074357D5.jpeg
    7CFB423C-2836-4F01-87F3-23D4074357D5.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 205

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Tomorrow 3:32 AM
-->
I'm losing hearing in my left ear all of a sudden... I'm at the hospital atm...

Top Bottom