• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

You know you're NOT INTP when?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:35 AM
-->
Inspired by this thread, I find my thread much more interesting.

All Types WELCOMR (incruding INTP)!

I will go first:

You know you are not INTP when you can't identify yourself as any type. - Self explanatory.

You know you are not INTP when you have relatively healthy thoughts. - Pmuch everyone on this forum has demonstrated that if they acted on their thoughts they would end up in a psych ward.

You know you are not INTP when you make plans, because everyone knows that is more of an INTJ thing. - INTPs don't plan because planning is a drag.

Lastly, you know you are not INTP when you generally consider yourself an optimist. - I'm not going to explain this one because there would be no point.

I feel I am obligated to make this thread because I am not INTP.

Thank you and God bless.

reloaded

Local time
Today 8:35 AM
-->
You know you're not INTP when you rather socialize than choose solitary activities.

You know you're not INTP when you detest learning new information.

Thank you for this thread too. Thanks for the blessing.

Last edited:

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 2:35 AM
-->
You know you're not an INTP when numbers scare you.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:35 AM
-->
When you don't agree with other members' ban.
When your consciousness doesn't fully account for all phenomenon such as what time it is or where certain key objects are spatially located so you can waste the minimal amount of time navigating through space then realize that's why the military stopped the experiments with mind altering substances because they didn't fulfill that role and did something else instead, and why they continued to manufacture and utilize increasingly bizarre substances in order to try and make the mind focus on that instead but it can't so they have to use A.I. to further that goal as it seems like the only thing that could work

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
When you've never questioned whether your parentage was at least partly extraterrestrial in origin.

Rixus

Local time
-->
You know you are not INTP when you have relatively healthy thoughts. - Pmuch everyone on this forum has demonstrated that if they acted on their thoughts they would end up in a psych ward.

Has anyone else ever idly wondered what would happen if they walked into the office with an axe and started hacking apart the nearest person? Not that I would or want to, just wondered what people would do. How they'd react. Would they try to stop you, run, scream, just sit there in shock? World there be any correlation between types and reactions?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Has anyone else ever idly wondered what would happen if they walked into the office with an axe and started hacking apart the nearest person? Not that I would or want to, just wondered what people would do. How they'd react. Would they try to stop you, run, scream, just sit there in shock? World there be any correlation between types and reactions?

I am imagining what it would be like to hit someone with an axe to the collar bone area.

Columbo

Detecting...
Local time
-->

for mamy years i've wanted to perform a plethora of social experiments which spontaneously come into my intp mind like:
-at church stand up during the quietest moment and slowly begin disrobing. then sit back down and listen like nothing unusual just occured.
-many other such ideas...thought of sharing another i had while out christmas shopping last night but it would likely offend readers so i'd better not describe it

yeah, in general this sort of thinking is so far removed from the box its almost purely an INTP thing

Turnevies

Local time
Today 9:35 AM
-->
When you believe in common sense.

When you have never thought about the infinite series of thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking about...

When you are popular and proud of it.

When you think self-questioning is a bad thing.

Rixus

Local time
-->
for mamy years i've wanted to perform a plethora of social experiments which spontaneously come into my intp mind like:
-at church stand up during the quietest moment and slowly begin disrobing. then sit back down and listen like nothing unusual just occured.
-many other such ideas...thought of sharing another i had while out christmas shopping last night but it would likely offend readers so i'd better not describe it

yeah, in general this sort of thinking is so far removed from the box its almost purely an INTP thing
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Like, what would happen if I just chucked a boiling hot cup of coffee over someone. Or various thoughts involving nudity and inappropriate actions. And it's only idle thought. I'd never actually do any of it. But I will occasionally sit giggling at the thought of it.

Rixus

Local time
-->
When you have a full range of human emotions.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:35 AM
-->

I generally do not do the things that I imagine that fit with what you're suggesting. However, I have these thoughts all the time.

What I do is mention them, and then encourage others to do them instead while I lurk in the background and observe.

Deleted member 1424

I will go first:

You know you are not INTP when you can't identify yourself as any type. - Self explanatory.

You know you are not INTP when you make plans, because everyone knows that is more of an INTJ thing. - INTPs don't plan because planning is a drag.

Lastly, you know you are not INTP when you generally consider yourself an optimist. - I'm not going to explain this one because there would be no point.

I feel I am obligated to make this thread because I am not INTP.

Thank you and God bless.

You know you're not an intp, when all the actual intps think you're an obnoxious fuck and tell you to piss off.

Piss off. :rolleyes:

Local time
-->
I honestly am going to invest in a suit of armor (well padded, for blunt trauma), I have a longsword but id like a better one, strap a go pro on myself and go roam around the woods near me until I find a bear. It's not exactly that I want to be badass (although, it makes a good story and maybe someone would buy the film whether I die or not), I'm just kind of lacking something in myself, I feel as though I'm made for those moments (played basketball in HS and college and never missed a game winning shot, its like the only time I'm fully motivated is when everything is on the line and theres not a fucking thing, at least in my mind, stopping me) and playing COD just doesn't do it for me. Snowmobiling has been fun but I still feel too safe going 90 mph. I need something that not everyone is going to want to do. I swear ive never wanted to do something more. I'll keep you guys posted. btw ive heard bears often run form people, does anyone know how to piss off a bear without cubs; we had a bear about 6 months ago come up to our log house. and I also don't really give a fuck about if it's legal or not, probs die anyway lol

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
I honestly am going to invest in a suit of armor (well padded, for blunt trauma), I have a longsword but id like a better one, strap a go pro on myself and go roam around the woods near me until I find a bear. It's not exactly that I want to be badass (although, it makes a good story and maybe someone would buy the film whether I die or not), I'm just kind of lacking something in myself, I feel as though I'm made for those moments (played basketball in HS and college and never missed a game winning shot, its like the only time I'm fully motivated is when everything is on the line and theres not a fucking thing, at least in my mind, stopping me) and playing COD just doesn't do it for me. Snowmobiling has been fun but I still feel too safe going 90 mph. I need something that not everyone is going to want to do. I swear ive never wanted to do something more. I'll keep you guys posted. btw ive heard bears often run form people, does anyone know how to piss off a bear without cubs; we had a bear about 6 months ago come up to our log house. and I also don't really give a fuck about if it's legal or not, probs die anyway lol

Ya you're lacking something.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 7:35 PM
-->

Hmm.... if I ever need to recruit for a private army I'll remember you.

When you are considering recruiting for a private army over going solo.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 2:35 AM
-->
The easiest giveaway is if you're not a, variously described, 'lone wolf', "listen to the beat of your own drummer", and so forth. INTP's are the most independent of the types and this is the one singular feature I know of. The best ideas derive from this concept.

• You like being in crowds? Not an INTP
  • You like team sports? Not an INTP
  • You like advice from people around you? Not an INTP
  • You like having a big circle of friends and family? Not an INTP
  • You like large family gatherings? Not an INTP
  • You follow popular trends? Not an INTP
  • You don't question what you hear and read? Not an INTP
  • Und so weite ...

We're so distrusting of people and conformity that we distrust even ourselves, and constantly check our thoughts for value and constancy.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
The easiest giveaway is if you're not a, variously described, 'lone wolf', "listen to the beat of your own drummer", and so forth. INTP's are the most independent of the types and this is the one singular feature I know of. The best ideas derive from this concept.

• Und so weite ...

We're so distrusting of people and conformity that we distrust even ourselves, and constantly check our thoughts for value and constancy.

Only one I can say that makes me not INTP is "You like advice from people around you?" but this is really just dependent on other things - I don't always like advice and I am very particular about the advice I want to hear. That said, when I am looking for advice what I am really doing is seeing if people agree with my conclusion I have already predetermined before hand.. usually.

Columbo

Detecting...
Local time
-->

• Und so weite ...

this is a great post.

i've realized through painful life experiences when making choices, the intp in me can get into serious trouble if i dont consult with others. so while i dont necessarily like it i've learned to seek out yhe advice of others when coming to an imoortant decision. i think the intp weakness comes into focus when i realize my internal thought systems might be entirely truthful and accurate witjin mysrlf, there may very well be an imoortant consideration which lies at a critical juncture/ position of horendous leveeage which might be a vulnerable achilles heal leading to disaster.

intjs are my fav for advice. i have an inner circle of 3 intj bros i tun all important decisions ny: e.g. jobs, marriage, retirement, major purchase. its great.

i do enjoy the occasional close family gathering when i can let my guard down. i almost resemble an extrovert on such occasions...everything on list spot on: i hate all team sporting leagues like nba nfl: when others talk about that stuff i have no idea why they are in love with it so deeply: i can think of 10reasons popular sport teams are inherently pointless

Attachments

• images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 270

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
I made a plan to build a computer then ACTUALLY carried it out (although it was literaly several years later).

Always being asked for relationship advice (why do people do this to me?[I have been single my entire life])

Nick85

Local time
-->
When you have never thought about the infinite series of thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking about...
I have thought about the series of I know that you know that I know that you know... but generally don't want to spend too much time on those lines of thought because it seems stupid/pointless.

Nick85

Local time
-->

I will go first:

I can identify with a lot of the INTP characteristics but I'm not convinced that's what I am. INTJ, INFP, maybe even ISTP, ENTJ and ISTJ seem possible.

Not really. I will have thoughts of putting myself through difficult ordeals or out of my comfort zone to "feel alive" or like I've accomplished something. But that's more like going for a 100 mile bike ride or clearing the snow off my car in my pyjamas and bathrobe when it's -20C outside. I also wonder whether I would do the "right thing" in certain situations (ex Stanford prison experiment) but I've never wondered how others would react if I decided to hack someone to pieces. >_>
I make plans but I'm not going at following through with them.
I'm not sure about this one. I'm often drawn to "doomer talk" about the economy, politics, the environment... but then still try to convince myself that somehow we'll figure out a way to deal with those issues even if though the future might have significant challenges in store for us.

INTPiee

Redshirt
Local time
-->

• Und so weite ...

Hmm, I like team sports and I like advice from the (trusted and knowledgeable) people around me. But then, I might be a very different INTP than most because in socionics I identify with IEE.

INTPiee

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I made a plan to build a computer then ACTUALLY carried it out (although it was literaly several years later).

Always being asked for relationship advice (why do people do this to me?[I have been single my entire life])

I've noticed this pattern too, apparently I give great relationship advice. Probably fits in with the whole thing about INTPs having wisdom.

Nick85

Local time
-->
Hmm, I like team sports and I like advice from the (trusted and knowledgeable) people around me. But then, I might be a very different INTP than most because in socionics I identify with IEE.

I like to play soccer and somewhat like to play basketball. But maybe there is something to the idea of INTPs not liking team sports that still applies to me since I mostly enjoy the 1 vs 1 aspects of those sports. In soccer my favourite position is defense, where it's mostly just about covering your guy and not letting him get past you and trying to prevent him from getting the ball/taking it away from him. And then if I do get the ball I just pass it to the midfields and forwards and let them do the rest. There's a bit of a chess game aspect to how you position yourself and then just being patient and waiting for the right opportunity to take the ball from someone or intercept a pass. I like to take shots and play goalie too but preferably when there's little pressure just at soccer practice or messing around with friends vs a "real game".

Kanani

Redshirt
Local time
-->
You know you are not an intp when you think that grades show how smart you are.
When you think excessive intelligence is automatically useful.
When you can phrase your thoughts into understandable sentences.
When you think you are more important than everyone else, but you need other people to talk to.
When you clean things up or focus on physical appearance regularly, or therapeutically.
When you think the concepts of math are harder than the tedious arithmatic.
When you finish what you start because it is the only good idea you've had in a while.
When you stay in the moment often.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I can identify with a lot of the INTP characteristics but I'm not convinced that's what I am. INTJ, INFP, maybe even ISTP, ENTJ and ISTJ seem possible.

Not really. I will have thoughts of putting myself through difficult ordeals or out of my comfort zone to "feel alive" or like I've accomplished something. But that's more like going for a 100 mile bike ride or clearing the snow off my car in my pyjamas and bathrobe when it's -20C outside. I also wonder whether I would do the "right thing" in certain situations (ex Stanford prison experiment) but I've never wondered how others would react if I decided to hack someone to pieces. >_>

I make plans but I'm not going at following through with them.

I'm not sure about this one. I'm often drawn to "doomer talk" about the economy, politics, the environment... but then still try to convince myself that somehow we'll figure out a way to deal with those issues even if though the future might have significant challenges in store for us.

Hey, look. The new guy is busting my chops. I must be losing my touch.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
You know you are not an intp when you think that grades show how smart you are.
When you think excessive intelligence is automatically useful.
When you can phrase your thoughts into understandable sentences.
When you think you are more important than everyone else, but you need other people to talk to.
When you clean things up or focus on physical appearance regularly, or therapeutically.
When you think the concepts of math are harder than the tedious arithmatic.
When you finish what you start because it is the only good idea you've had in a while.
When you stay in the moment often.

I don't think I can agree with any of that.

On grades:
Plenty of INTPs prioritise grades. Grades are a (flawed) measure of intelligence, which INTPs value. I see no reason that INTPs alone would be immune to having their ego fed.

On excessive intelligence:
Read any thread on this forum about IQ. It's the INTP version of dick length. Actually, probably the NT version of dick length, but INTPs are certainly not exempt. I'm not sure why you think INTPs don't value high intelligence.

On forming sentences:
I don't see any reason to correlate the inability to communicate using cohesive sentences with the INTP type. Actually, I'd posit that it's probably rather offensive to a well-developed INTP.

On perceived importance and dependence:
Seems to be directed at someone who you perceive has wronged you. I won't bother to elaborate.

On cleanliness:
Not all INTPs favour filth. I'd say that those that don't at least aspire to a standard of cleanliness and order are in the minority. Further, it's also not a trait that ought to be worn as a badge of honour...

On math:
What exactly excludes 15 other types from a propensity for mathematical concepts?

On acting upon ideas:
Once again, this sounds to me like a personal gripe. INTPs are just as capable as everyone else of having only few good ideas upon which to act. INTPs aren't exactly the pinnacle of inspiration.

On staying in the moment/being present:
What makes consistently being 'in the moment' unreachable for INTPs? I may be wrong here, but I'm of the belief that this ability is a product of wisdom and certainly not one of type.

Something I just realised: To me, that post echoed an attitude of self-defeat. You gotta get some positivity in your life. Perhaps you will benefit from this forum and gain some perspective and wisdom.

Welcome to the forum :) I hope you stick around

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
-->
I don't think I can agree with any of that.

On grades:
Plenty of INTPs prioritise grades. Grades are a (flawed) measure of intelligence, which INTPs value. I see no reason that INTPs alone would be immune to having their ego fed.

Read any thread on this forum about IQ. It's the INTP version of dick length. Actually, probably the NT version of dick length, but INTPs are certainly not exempt. I'm not sure why you think INTPs don't value high intelligence.

On forming sentences:
I don't see any reason to correlate the inability to communicate using cohesive sentences with the INTP type. Actually, I'd posit that it's probably rather offensive to a well-developed INTP.

Seems to be directed at someone who you perceive has wronged you. I won't bother to elaborate.

On cleanliness:
Not all INTPs favour filth. I'd say that those that don't at least aspire to a standard of cleanliness and order are in the minority. Further, it's also not a trait that ought to be worn as a badge of honour...

On math:
What exactly excludes 15 other types from a propensity for mathematical concepts?

On acting upon ideas:
Once again, this sounds to me like a personal gripe. INTPs are just as capable as everyone else of having only few good ideas upon which to act. INTPs aren't exactly the pinnacle of inspiration.

On staying in the moment/being present:
What makes consistently being 'in the moment' unreachable for INTPs? I may be wrong here, but I'm of the belief that this ability is a product of wisdom and certainly not one of type.

Something I just realised: To me, that post echoed an attitude of self-defeat. You gotta get some positivity in your life. Perhaps you will benefit from this forum and gain some perspective and wisdom.

Welcome to the forum :) I hope you stick around

So much of what you have counter argued here only solidifies many ( not all ) of kanani's bullet points.

On grades:
My friend and i ( both intp ) never gave much thought to grades, we where busy dreaming up new things to make in the tech lab. Grades are a vanity tool more often than not, and to get good ones you have to jump through sub par hoops just to prove your willingness to do so more than prove your mental ability to do so. I was that kid who never did homework, never came to class ( but was still at school ) unless there was a test, and ( nearly ) never got less than a B on those tests. My friend dropped out and became a CAD architect.

You misunderstood kanani's point by a mile and a half. He means If you think that being smart somehow makes you more functionally useful. But nearly all intps will tell you, its just as much a curse than it is a boon. Thinking takes energy, a lot of it.
Its like your thoughts are a diver in an endless sea, where your iq is how fast you can swim. Out in the water you come across many truths and mistruths that you have to ether hold on to or untangle yourself from, all the while fighting off sea monsters of unhealthy and damaging thought. Its exhausting to venture as far from the shore as we do.

On forming sentences:
Intp's seem to have a good grasp of how language should be structured. Not because it is logical or anything, just that it sounds better in our heads.
An intp is almost always staging internal debates, advocating the different sides of an argument within our heads until we are sure we wont make a fool out of ourselves by voicing a subjectively true, objectively false statement. So when a sentence does not flow in our heads or articulate our meaning we rework and restructure the text until it does. We dont always have the time to think out our words while speaking, however, so speaking an idea can be cumbersome and even stuttered.

Of those I've spoken to, common theme of most intps is that they know that they don't know. And it is infuriating to see some brazen fool speak as if they know everything while spouting half baked thoughts. But unlike entps, we don't oft feel compelled to enter in debate over the correctness of that person, nor do we slowly go crazy when we haven't debated self rightness with another human being for a few days.

On cleanliness:
I admit, im not one for daily showers or spending longer than 30 seconds viewing myself in the mirror as i wash my hands. It just goes back to that vanity thing, it feels pointless and shallow to spend so much time appealing to other human beings senses when you don't really care for the brain that interprets them.

On math:
This i agree with you on this. While math has always been my thing, i dont see why any other type cant do it as efficiently as any intp.
But a counter argument is that the Intp group has the highest Gifted Intellect ratio of any of the mbti typology.

On ideas:
If only i could subject you in the torrent of ideas that blow through my mind every day. Finishing a project means to constantly bat away better ideas and settle with just finishing something in a reasonable time-frame. Take too long trying to make it perfect, and your mind gets bored of the concept and wanders away, trying to apply everything you just learned to something bigger, more useful, more automatic, more complex and more perfect.

On staying in the moment:
Many intps i know (and myself) are the definition of walking ADD( see above) , this persists.

Welcome to the forums kanani, hope my dissection of these points ring accurate.
( I dont mean to sound so mater-of-fact, its just a lot simpler to put an idea in repose when stated as such )

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
So much of what you have counter argued here only solidifies many ( not all ) of kanani's bullet points.

On grades:
My friend and i ( both intp ) never gave much thought to grades, we where busy dreaming up new things to make in the tech lab. Grades are a vanity tool more often than not, and to get good ones you have to jump through sub par hoops just to prove your willingness to do so more than prove your mental ability to do so. I was that kid who never did homework, never came to class ( but was still at school ) unless there was a test, and ( nearly ) never got less than a B on those tests. My friend dropped out and became a CAD architect.

You misunderstood kanani's point by a mile and a half. He means If you think that being smart somehow makes you more functionally useful. But nearly all intps will tell you, its just as much a curse than it is a boon. Thinking takes energy, a lot of it.
Its like your thoughts are a diver in an endless sea, where your iq is how fast you can swim. Out in the water you come across many truths and mistruths that you have to ether hold on to or untangle yourself from, all the while fighting off sea monsters of unhealthy and damaging thought. Its exhausting to venture as far from the shore as we do.

On forming sentences:
Intp's seem to have a good grasp of how language should be structured. Not because it is logical or anything, just that it sounds better in our heads.
An intp is almost always staging internal debates, advocating the different sides of an argument within our heads until we are sure we wont make a fool out of ourselves by voicing a subjectively true, objectively false statement. So when a sentence does not flow in our heads or articulate our meaning we rework and restructure the text until it does. We dont always have the time to think out our words while speaking, however, so speaking an idea can be cumbersome and even stuttered.

Of those I've spoken to, common theme of most intps is that they know that they don't know. And it is infuriating to see some brazen fool speak as if they know everything while spouting half baked thoughts. But unlike entps, we don't oft feel compelled to enter in debate over the correctness of that person, nor do we slowly go crazy when we haven't debated self rightness with another human being for a few days.

On cleanliness:
I admit, im not one for daily showers or spending longer than 30 seconds viewing myself in the mirror as i wash my hands. It just goes back to that vanity thing, it feels pointless and shallow to spend so much time appealing to other human beings senses when you don't really care for the brain that interprets them.

On math:
This i agree with you on this. While math has always been my thing, i dont see why any other type cant do it as efficiently as any intp.
But a counter argument is that the Intp group has the highest Gifted Intellect ratio of any of the mbti typology.

On ideas:
If only i could subject you in the torrent of ideas that blow through my mind every day. Finishing a project means to constantly bat away better ideas and settle with just finishing something in a reasonable time-frame. Take too long trying to make it perfect, and your mind gets bored of the concept and wanders away, trying to apply everything you just learned to something bigger, more useful, more automatic, more complex and more perfect.

On staying in the moment:
Many intps i know (and myself) are the definition of walking ADD( see above) , this persists.

Welcome to the forums kanani, hope my dissection of these points ring accurate.
( I dont mean to sound so mater-of-fact, its just a lot simpler to put an idea in repose when stated as such )

Firstly, regarding (and. It directly relating to) your comment on grades, what do you think is the difference between an Architect and a CAD Architect? I'm not asking so I can tell you why you're wrong or anything, im interested to see why you felt the need to add the acronym 'CAD'. (Preamble: I'm a design architect, and I use CAD/BIM every day, but it's just a tool, it certainly doesn't define what I do - I also draw by hand every day)

Second, regarding your comment on ideas: lol ENTP here - don't even get me started on torrents of ideas.

Third, the intent of my previous post wasn't to disagree with the points, but disagree that those points are exclusive to, or prerequisite to INTPs. Also I just felt like disagreeing and ranting :p nonetheless, I appreciated your rebuttal. Although no, my post does not solidify Kanani's points as you stated. [There's that impulse to disagree again...]

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
When your social capabilities extend beyond taking threads like this seriously.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
There is a thread in this forum, i cannot remember atm the name, which if you cannot read without lmao then u are not an intp. Need to find it tho. Damn. It is originally postef by a guy with a transparent creature and a light inside its head. Its so fun. Ill post the link later

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
-->
You know your not an intp when you could read through that whole post whilst also misunderstanding it.
You know your not an intp when half of the nuance in what you say is missed by the other party of the conversation

And you're is simply a habit

Rixus

Local time
-->
You Get. Shit Done.
I mean, when there's a task that needs doing you enter the scene, that shit is done. No dallying around, no compromise. That shit is done quickly and efficiently.
If this is true - you're probably not INTP.

Valentas

Local time
-->
> You know you are not an intp when you think that grades show how smart you are.

Grades show how smart you are. If you attend university worth its name, then it challenges the
hell out of you and your results show how smart you are. Decision to not study 100% also contributes
to your intelligence because you recognize the importance of it and choose to half-ass it.

> When you think excessive intelligence is automatically useful.

It is automatically useful.

> When you can phrase your thoughts into understandable sentences.

An intelligent person can formulate well-thought and articulated responses. What basement do you
live in for that to not be the case?

> When you think you are more important than everyone else, but you need other people to talk to.

Having met brilliant people in my life who surpass me in many areas, I now consider myself a rather
replaceable person.

> When you clean things up or focus on physical appearance regularly, or therapeutically.

Cleaning my room regularly (thanks Jordan Peterson) was a great experience. It stops leaks of chaos
into your world. When you have less BS to deal with, you can spent more time on important stuff. No brainer.

Physical appearance is extremely important in our society. People will think less of you if you don't put in
an effort. This includes relationships, career, self-pride and confidence. In addition, healthy appearance is
obtained by caring about yourself, recognizing that health of your body is the vehical that enables your ability
to think clearly in the first place. Hence, treat it with an absolute respect.

> When you think the concepts of math are harder than the tedious arithmatic.

They are harder.

> When you finish what you start because it is the only good idea you've had in a while.

I lack discipline in being able to follow through the whole thing. It definitely is against my nature. I am too distracted and like to switch contexts frequently. I have a gazillion of bookmarks, most I never read after saving it. I think it is INTP trait indeed.

> When you stay in the moment often.

Eh, not much to talk on this one...I found that coding is where I tend to go into state of focus but not many other things...

RubisDrake

Dragon Boy
Local time
Today 1:35 AM
-->
I know I'm not INTP when I stop questioning our reality, or just stop living as an INTP. Hahaha.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Don't google RubisDrake guys.

You know you aren't INTP if you can resist googling this.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Real artist that RubisDrake is. ;)

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
I'll re-rail this seemingly reanimated thread.

"You know you're NOT INTP when?"

- Your PC is neither overused nor a substitute for a social life

- You don't derive pleasure from reading scientific journals

- You can explain things easily in simple terms

- You are not hyper-critical of others/yourself

- You don't look up every word or fact you don't recognise, and go on a labyrinthine Google powered adventure discovering the etymology and/or origins of said word/information to the best of internet understanding

- you don't sometimes stay up all night on an 'information binge'

- You don't think deeply about everything you ever encounter/read

- Fluffy bunny vs. scientific advancement? Bunny wins

- You are often outdoors with people (ew people)

- You don't harbour contempt for idiots. In fact, you take side with them.

- You are a jolly, carefree person who laughs out loud rather than corrodes the minds of others with caustic cynicism.

- Emotional outpouring is a natural thing to do for you, and you even understand it and think it important 0.o

- You like parties and social gatherings, even when sober.

- You value order, discipline and tidiness.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
- You don't look up every word or fact you don't recognise, and go on a labyrinthine Google powered adventure discovering the etymology and/or origins of said word/information to the best of internet understanding
I dont. In english - just check def in urban dictionary. In polish - wiki.

- You don't think deeply about everything you ever encounter/read
Some things are not worth it.

- Fluffy bunny vs. scientific advancement? Bunny wins
Many days cats vid win.

- You are a jolly, carefree person who laughs out loud rather than corrodes the minds of others with caustic cynicism.
I dont share with people that much of my ideas. And yes most of the time apear too jolly and carefree. Appear is the keyword here.

- Emotional outpouring is a natural thing to do for you, and you even understand it and think it important
Yes. I had big outburst of anger after week of silient seething. Very often

- You value order, discipline and tidiness.
Order and tidiness . I'm easy overload by chaos so yeah. Discipline - sheer word make me cringe. In my mind if someone said "discipline" I see them immediately as a control freak. Probably should change that a bit.:confused:

Top Bottom