INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Psychology & Neuroscience

Notices

Old 14th-September-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
Animekitty
A royal color

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Working memory model an my Brain

I think the reason I do not see anything in my mind's eye is that the temporal lobe deals with things and the parietal lobe deals with space. I can solve spatial problems but the temporal lobe has a broken link to give colors to the shapes. When I dream I think a pressure is released for me to see the dream world but it is dark and not like the world I am in while awake. I barely have conscious awareness and things just seem to happen. My mind is black in the dream world, no higher thought.

I know what Donald Duck looks like but it is unconscious. I have memories of childhood but I cannot see them, but I still have them. My episodic memories are not stored semantically. They are spatial memories. I was just at the local groceries store. I know the spatial layout and some colors, I do not see them, they are just there in my head. That is not semantic because I can draw you what is in the store. Semantics does not create spatial and color layouts of places. (semantics is verbal, not special) I store my memories is space not sounds. Sounds do not give you the details of a spatial layout. The only way they are connected is because sounds translate spatial perception into directions of the Signified and signifier.

Baddeley's model of working memory