Notices

Old 3rd-August-2017, 11:35 AM   #51
QuickTwist
tsuj a notelpmis

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Brains or love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaper91 View Post
I feel like at this point everybody on this thread is thinking I'm changing my natural self to be with a guy. I will always be a INTP at heart I will always be analyzer in my head that is just the way my brain works some people hate and very few love it. I honestly just want to bring out more of my feminine side that's been pushed down a lot because after all automatically being born a woman does not make you feminme and being born a man does not always make you masculine.

I just think I want to change the way I use my over analizying especially in relationships. I will still have my uniqueness about the way my mind works no one can take that away from me. I now just want to use my analytic nature for getting closer to people and my creative ideas not mainly using to always correct people or win arguments. So I guess I'm switching my focus
You are more emotional than most on this forum. You don't have as detached of an orientation than many on this forum have. That doesn't mean you are not INTP. If you find value in identifying yourself as such, that all fine and well, just don't lie to yourself. I am guessing you are in college or highschool or something. I say this because you have somewhat of an immature outlook on romantic relationships, no offense. Maybe immature is the wrong word. What I should say is that this is an aspect of your life which you struggle with as a whole. That is not to say you cannot develop this part of yourself, but just be aware that thinking you are changing and changing are not the same thing. You will know you have changed/are changing when your behaviors change. Changing your behaviors is much easier on the ego if the change is coming from getting to know who you are on a deeper level as opposed to going about it by simply changing the behaviors alone. Sometimes we need our worldview to get the shit kicked out of it for real change to happen. That happens when we are trying to discover something. This is generic advice, but you should try and get to know yourself well before deciding to look for a romantic interest.
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-February-2018, 12:04 PM   #52
elliptoid
eccentric

windows_98_nt_2000safari

INTP and ENTP women both have these same problems with men.

I will tell you why, even if you find it disagreeable.

INTP and ENTP women "think" that "men are scared or bothered" by their "intelligence" when really it's that they are put off by arrogance same as anyone. The "difference" is that men stand "alone" whereas women can get support so once again no matter what the woman is merely existing and the man is offending ... even in imaginationland. So no progress can be made when both parties are stuck 8" deep in dried mud.

INTJs don't have this problem as much. They assume everyone fears their intellect and don't take it personally. They spend 70% of their time miserable and depressed, 20% ruminating, 5% thinking about the opposite sex, 3% masturbating, 1.5% crying about it, and 0.5% taking action.
elliptoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-February-2018, 05:08 PM   #53
Serac

linuxubuntufirefox

Based on what I saw on the INTJ forum, they spend about 40% of their energy trying to figure out how to combat their loneliness, 40% on trying to prove to the world how supposedly smart they are, and 20% on masturbating.
Serac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-February-2018, 06:27 PM   #54
Manipulator
analyse, manipulate

linuxsafari

So many posts here... I will be quick:
Your sex is not a problem, males have exact situation;
Forget about developing your weak sides (Feeling and sensing), it's a waste of time and you never would be even half good as esfps in these matters;
Don't find love, but meet people, for example I joined lastly a choir and meet 30 awesome people who are more interesting to talk to than people from my major (physics);
Learn basics how to attract men from book(don't believe in every shit, only some info is good for intp) and then last step:
Your partner should do the first steps and should have initiative, you just need to choose some nice esfj,infj, enfj or isfj (best in this order).
Manipulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-February-2018, 08:23 PM   #55
Animekitty
The Cybernetic Dreamtime is Near

windows_98_nt_2000safari

More interested in the mechanism of smartness than looking smart. I know very little about relationships. Redbaron is I think right about being able to talk to someone.

me:

60% internet
10% real life stuff
10% handling nervous system pain
10% loneliness
10% self-pleasure

AMV - Two Hearts - Bestamvsofalltime Anime MV ♫

Spoiler:
Animekitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-February-2018, 11:16 PM   #56
Turnevies

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliptoid View Post
they are put off by arrogance same as anyone.
Well, it is always less humiliating to be turned off for being considered too arrogant than for being deemed too physically unattractive. The arrogance in INT's is often to large extent a protective mask, also because of not being popular in the past and feeling underappreciated. This of course leads to a vicious circle.

Also, different people just have different interests that may conflict, and build their morality around that. For example, for a long time I viewed love trough some kind of meritocratic lense: the one who has the largest positive impact on mankind, which happens to align with deep thoughts on society, learning, working hard, thinking out-of-the-box; deserves the hottest bitches so that the good genetic material gets well spread. (It is not really sexist if you give female nerds attractive superficial surferboys as well.)
But the problem with that model is of course that the bitches and the surferboys (ESXP's)have their own agenda, for a system where it is they have the higher status by promoting popularity, attractiveness ... and also their own morality like making people smile...
(This is of course too black and white, only for the sake of arguments)

Bit of a funny thing btw, many not-so-bright people tend to feel a similar kind of entitlement towards having a job than many nerds feel entitlement towards love and sex.

What was my point again? Right, we should all strive to be humble and not instantly dismiss all opinions of people whose popularity/IQ rate is way too high. But at the same time, there is nothing wrong with pushing our own values just a little bit harder, because we as nerds are outnumbered in society and we believe in them.
Turnevies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-February-2018, 12:04 AM   #57
Manipulator
analyse, manipulate

linuxsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekitty View Post
More interested in the mechanism of smartness than looking smart.
That's very good definition of what Ne is. I must remember that.
Manipulator is offline   Reply With Quote