• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

5G and its impact on life and economy

onesteptwostep

Think.. Be... ..buzz buzz :)
Local time
Today, 20:54
What have you guys heard about 5G? Korea's going to be rolling out their driverless taxis in 2021. There's the whole spat with the US vs China too, like who'll get their 5G networks up the fastest... what do you guys know about it so far?

Blarraun

straightedgy
Local time
Today, 12:54
I'm wondering about the health detriments of the proximity and energy density of EM transceivers becoming ubiquitous.

The long term effects of microwave, radio/radar, millimeter em, radiation heating are largely unexplored. Media lobbies don't care about polluting cities with energy and invisible noise.

It's oft mentioned that phones shouldn't ideally be kept in pockets (there's I think an hourly limit to how long a phone can safely be held close to the head), now there are wifi and car transceivers, larger towers every square kilometer, ambient devices included in every piece of networked hardware, motion input experiments plan to use radar waves for device control etc.

People buy infrared wall sections for heating, in a couple of years those same wall sections could use radar for VR tracking/utility, plus wifi, people might start wearing tinfoil for real in addition to gas masks in China lol.

Cognisant

Condescending Bastard
Local time
Today, 00:54
To put things in perspective the sun is an exposed fusion reactor, that warmth you feel is ionizing ultraviolet radiation which could readily kill you in about a week if you were fully exposed to it for 24 hours a day.

Even if radiowaves are potentially dangerous, and there's really very little reason to think they are, compared to being in the sun for a few hours the risk is trivial.

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
Today, 11:54
You heard about that self driving car that sensed someone in front of it but decided to run her over anyway?

Cognisant

Condescending Bastard
Local time
Today, 00:54
I haven't, what model was it and where can I get one?

Also unless the car is actually artificially intelligent it didn't maliciously decide to run her over, there was a fault somewhere in it's hardware/software or circumstances were such that a fault was forced. Nobody claims self driving cars a flawless (or if they do they don't know what they're talking about) and they don't need to be flawless they just need to be safer than human drivers, need I bring up statistics on the number of fatalities on UK roads in the past twelve months?

Gyppo

navy shirt
Local time
Today, 11:54
I haven't, what model was it and where can I get one?

Also unless the car is actually artificially intelligent it didn't maliciously decide to run her over, there was a fault somewhere in it's hardware/software or circumstances were such that a fault was forced. Nobody claims self driving cars a flawless (or if they do they don't know what they're talking about) and they don't need to be flawless they just need to be safer than human drivers, need I bring up statistics on the number of fatalities on UK roads in the past twelve months?
Like yeah nigger, I do know that cars aren't alive despite my lack of intellect, made obvious by my use of the word shit

Top Bottom