• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

A little story about questionable sanity

Bass

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:52 AM
-->
I cannot express my relief at finally taking a bunch of personality tests on a whim and then reading up on my type.
And when i say relief i mean "your testicular cancer seems to be in full remission" relief.

It comes mostly from the fact that now i know why i get these odd bouts of detachment when a lot of stimuli is present (mostly loud groups of people).
At times it is so bad its like I'm just a passerby looking through a dirty window at my life.

The sad part is that this is something that worried me for 10+ years (and im not even 25 yet. questioning your own sanity is fun) and was a very closely guarded secret.
Not even the one person who i can let my guard down around knows about this, and it turns out to be totally normal for people of my personality type .

I even have family members who are very interested in personality typing and get any info they can on it.

It pisses me off to think i was going around for so long thinking i was mentally ill when if i had randomly picked someone around me to tell about it 2/3 odds they would have had calming information for me.

My reasoning basically being "dude, you are weird enough, don't go adding crap you can hide to the things you cannot".

Hindsight eh?

lightspeed

Banned
Local time
Today 12:52 AM
-->
I cannot express my relief at finally taking a bunch of personality tests on a whim and then reading up on my type.
And when i say relief i mean "your testicular cancer seems to be in full remission" relief.

It comes mostly from the fact that now i know why i get these odd bouts of detachment when a lot of stimuli is present (mostly loud groups of people).
At times it is so bad its like I'm just a passerby looking through a dirty window at my life.

The sad part is that this is something that worried me for 10+ years (and im not even 25 yet. questioning your own sanity is fun) and was a very closely guarded secret.
Not even the one person who i can let my guard down around knows about this, and it turns out to be totally normal for people of my personality type .

Oh, do I know what you mean. Now you have convinced yourself that you are sane, the even harder feat is... well, you know.

An old friend named "s" once sent me this article:

Hit The Road, Jack
Records: "Schizoid" Kerouac's military career a short story

I found this very comforting.

Often very intelligent people are mistaken as crazies. :mad:

Welcome to the forum, weirdo. ;)

Last edited:

Bass

Redshirt
Local time
Today 5:52 AM
-->
Wow, at least they didn't give him a lobotomy. I love how the information that he is an unreliable employee comes direct from him, and the fact that he has no shame, remorse or reluctance to discuss his affairs.
A true man among men i say.

But i cant help but notice that INTPs have a mere 0.4% market advantage over schizophrenics *average based on differing numbers i found*.
So I'm probably stranger than even i know, which sucks given the amount of thought i have committed to that subject.

And i see that my evil and oft regretted sarcasm made the profile as well. I have not used that to full effect in a long time(probably because i always felt like a douche afterwards), but its hard to forget the way that someone reacts when you attack their insecurities goodfellas style.
Its a strange feeling to find a list of my most basic fears/motivations in public domain,
its not dead on but close enough that i don't want people reading it(thats cheating!).

Actually i don't care at all given my mood after discovering that i am relatively
sane. Hell I'm 0.4% more sane, by which i mean"normal"(whatever that is), than a guy i know who thinks the government/mafia communicates with him via messages hidden in license plates affixed to white cars.
Next time i see him I'm totally rubbing it in.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 6:52 PM
-->
Hey Bass, we're so rare because human leaders down the ages have preferred to breed sheep rather than thinkers. Our types have been selectively culled. Knowing that does my head in, but I think I'm still sane.

Nice to meet you.

Vrecknidj

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:52 AM
-->
Hell I'm 0.4% more sane, by which i mean"normal"(whatever that is), than a guy i know who thinks the government/mafia communicates with him via messages hidden in license plates affixed to white cars.
Next time i see him I'm totally rubbing it in.
Okay, this is weird. A friend of mine (who just happens to have some of the strangest forms of paranoia) believes an acquaintance of his who says that he's sure that license plates have hidden chips in them that allow the government to track our every move (and, I would assume, everything we do while in those cars).

We have to get these guys together.

;)

Dave

Flugelberry

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:52 PM
-->
Bass, I went through life a lot longer than you wondering Am I from another planet? Why am I the only person on Earth who thinks like me or who has the same views? Then we were Type tested at work and I confess if the questions weren't so non judgemental I would have cheated.
Which brings me to mind what a childhood teacher told us in class: Know yourselves!
I now know this about myself: I better arrive at parties independently from my partner so I can leave when I've had enough which is about half an hour if the party is loud and exhuberant.
I look forward to reading you posts.
Flugel:D

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Yesterday 10:52 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Kind of reminds me of how messed up I'd be if I didn't know who I was. After I checked out the MBTI thing, all the things I couldn't explain about myself were explained. It's made life so much easier, socially.

Top Bottom