• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Accept my presence

lonew0lf420

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:03 AM
-->
I am a new member of this wonderful forum; I would like to announce my presence here and hope that we can engage in some intellectual debate, discussion, and discourse without the abundance of incompetence that we all face when socializing with others on a daily basis. I hope that I can meet some fantastic people who are fascinated by philosophy and sociology and are willing to discuss these matters on a sophisticated level that transcends the premises of common, basic conversation.

I'd consider myself a poster child of INTP because of the my behavioral tendencies that are characterized by this label that I will represent with pride. I happen to be a stoner that enjoys the company of a few close friends who I don't mind hanging with when I am not to consumed in my own personal endeavors whether that be laying in bed thinking or doing something where I am actually physically being productive. I often find myself zoning out, not entirely focused on external stimuli, moreover attending to my own internal thoughts and ideas. I've never had a "best friend" rather many close friends who I have always gotten along well with, I seem to be the voice of reason and peace amongst my friends; I am consistant with my values and I will be quick to denounce something that appears to be illogical, unfair, or unbalanced. Sometimes I feel a little under appreciated in my friends group because of my lax and un-assertive nature, I am always open pretty much anything and therefore I don't voice my .02 unless something is illogical or bothers me. I believe another contributing factor to this is the fact that I deny effort into arguing with someone who I believe is simple minded or stubborn, therefore, I come across as a person who doesn't care or feel strongly about my opinions. I often limit my verbal communication in groups larger than two others and listen and indulge in my own thoughts about the subject matter rather then having the impulse to share them in conversation. I might be a little socially awkward because I often find myself consciously asking myself if I am acting appropriately and I tend to over think things like this. I also have a very keen sense of direction and get frustrated when someone who is dependent on their GPS is driving incompetently and without their brain.

So with all that said, this is an INTP forum and I want to make sure my symptoms are those of an intp and I am not wasting my time pretending to be something that I am not. If any of these behaviors sound similar to your own, holler at me.

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
Today 10:03 AM
-->
Yup. Those behaviours feel very familiar. Welcome to our dark corner of cyber-space.

You seem to have some interesting perspectives. Be sure to post.

lonew0lf420

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yes, it is quite a privilege to be able to involve myself in a community full of people who can resonate at the same frequency as I; hopefully the way I process information and my idea's will make sense and be clear to people here opposed to most who cannot fathom the thought process of my crazy idea's and theories, although, sometimes I confuse myself as I must be considerate of all the eccentric thoughts that spawn within the depths of my brain.

Adrift

Adrift
Local time
-->
Sounds quite INTP to me... I am no expert, though.
Self proclaimed INTP and I feel the same way you do.

C.Hecker88

Lily of the Valley
Local time
-->
My body is ready to accept your presence...

Just messing with ya ;D
I really hope you enjoy the forum and we can help each other out in the future. It's nice to see some more new blood in the forum (not that I can say anything about that-I started a week ago)

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
Today 9:03 AM
-->
This guy above me, apparently made 87 posts in 1 week. What a mess.

Anyhow, Welcome lonew0lf420. I hope your purpose of being here will result in being friends with me. :phear:

lonew0lf420

Redshirt
Local time
-->
^Yeah man I joined this forum exclusively to be your friend; my life is fufilled. I fully appreciate all the welcomes I've gotten. I am looking forward to talking to you all later about an assortment of different concrete and abstractual topics, ideas, and theories we think of. Are there any other stoners on here; come on, weed was made for intps.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 5:03 AM
-->
Welcome, newcomer. :)

-Duxwing

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:03 AM
-->
I'd consider myself a poster child of INTP because of the my behavioral tendencies that are characterized by this label that I will represent with pride. I happen to be a stoner that enjoys the company of a few close friends who I don't mind hanging with when I am not to consumed in my own personal endeavors whether that be laying in bed thinking or doing something where I am actually physically being productive. I often find myself zoning out, not entirely focused on external stimuli, moreover attending to my own internal thoughts and ideas. I've never had a "best friend" rather many close friends who I have always gotten along well with, I seem to be the voice of reason and peace amongst my friends; I am consistant with my values and I will be quick to denounce something that appears to be illogical, unfair, or unbalanced. Sometimes I feel a little under appreciated in my friends group because of my lax and un-assertive nature, I am always open pretty much anything and therefore I don't voice my .02 unless something is illogical or bothers me. I believe another contributing factor to this is the fact that I deny effort into arguing with someone who I believe is simple minded or stubborn, therefore, I come across as a person who doesn't care or feel strongly about my opinions. I often limit my verbal communication in groups larger than two others and listen and indulge in my own thoughts about the subject matter rather then having the impulse to share them in conversation. I might be a little socially awkward because I often find myself consciously asking myself if I am acting appropriately and I tend to over think things like this. I also have a very keen sense of direction and get frustrated when someone who is dependent on their GPS is driving incompetently and without their brain.
Story of my life :D
If any of these behaviors sound similar to your own, holler at me.

If you can find the threads that interest you, you'll fit right in. Welcome!

Top Bottom