• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Acceptance of Reality.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 2:17 PM
-->
Behold the phase of hyperreality. Yes it is an actual term.

1. The society dictates the form of reality ? Agreed ? No ?
2. Everybody is sentient. Agreed ? No ?
3. If you are sentient then you have a buffer against unwanted and coerced beliefs ? No ?
4. But the phase of hyperreality is make us distrustful and ignorant. But ignorant breeds implicit acceptance on a scale that is unprecendented. Individualism ?

Fuck all these questions.

I just have one of my own.

Why is it that every new idea which has a tinge of optimism or idealism shot down so fervently only in this era ? While we like to indulge in the nostalgia of the past which talked about the idyllic or distraught future with such swerve that it causes a gush of emotions in us, it is increasingly evident that nostalgia is slowly turning into a sole defence against widespread disbelief. And even nostalgia is at a risk of being commodified. Once it is commodified, the narratives will only be that of pleasure and happy times but nostalgia is nostalgia because it is a color pallete containing all the shades and not simply one colour.

It is commonplace to find adults telling their counterparts to just accept life, to overlook that problem, the ignore this quibble. They seem to be engaging in some of kind reductionist argumentation to deem every problem as insignificant and 'fact of life' and ironically turn grumpier and more sullen with each passing generation. They know that these songs of acceptance are ultimately impossible to sing while staying sound and so they tune out the sentience.

'Oh, that's so normal...', you may say but I feel this is the most reviled phenomenon of social proofing in action. It only takes one bad event and one propagandist and one dejected person to start a chain reaction of dulling the world with the infectious idea of arrival of inevitable oppression and then put it into action by sloganning about individualism, forcing everyone of us to plunge into the void by thinking and less of less of our innate significance and more and more about our purported insignificance. And then we have parades of consumerist movements to bask us with warmth by articles and gadgets. It is similar to buying furniture to fill an empty house than bring another person along. Perhaps the person will covet, then steal ? Perhaps he would attempt to beguile us into surrendering our artifacts and take away the last shreds of attachment ?

No, I don't want to say that giving in is inevitable. It is an idea, it is an infectious idea with a singular payoff of living a life unfettered. Ain't got nothing to lose when you don't got anything priceless, maybe, maybe. Maybe your and my abusive relationship with people and friend sustaining on dopamine is going to kill us one day (on the inside). Maybe they won't. They definitely would not if we start opening, start empathizing. The posited omen of technological determinism will never arrive if you and I still hold hands and walk into the dawn at every dusk and look into each other's eyes with shameless yet comfortable vulnerability.

Maybe, maybe.

Now I am planning to use this website to maintain my idealistic musings. Maybe i will read all this when i am despaired ten years from today and feel warm. But nostalgia will all I have, no matter how comforting !

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:47 AM
-->
Only within your domain can you make change.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:47 PM
-->
Why is it that every new idea which has a tinge of optimism or idealism shot down so fervently only in this era ?
Idealism without pragmatism is folly and those notions that are folly must be cut down so that the ones worth keeping have room to grow. Unfortunately people with good ideas tend to be the ones who are most reluctant to share them (preferring to continue the search for a better idea in private) whereas fools share their ideas with little consideration and must be told of their folly.

Nostalgia is a vile thing, both a source and creator of misery, observe the self inflicted plight of the men who peaked in high school and women who pine for their ever dwindling youth. Had they an ounce of sense they're make use of what time they have rather than wasting it in lamentation over what they've lost as they continue to lose it.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 2:17 PM
-->
Idealism without pragmatism is folly and those notions that are folly must be cut down so that the ones worth keeping have room to grow. Unfortunately people with good ideas tend to be the ones who are most reluctant to share them (preferring to continue the search for a better idea in private) whereas fools share their ideas with little consideration and must be told of their folly.
Pragmatism is enshrined in a reality that 'exists' at that particular time. 'Idealism' does not. Hence, it only contradicts each other at a temporal level. This means the ancient greek culture is idealism today and pragmatism back then. What I mean, through relativism, is that Pragmatism loses its force of being betokening of reality which erodes its capacity of shooting down idealism.

Nostalgia is a vile thing, both a source and creator of misery, observe the self inflicted plight of the men who peaked in high school and women who pine for their ever dwindling youth. Had they an ounce of sense they're make use of what time they have rather than wasting it in lamentation over what they've lost as they continue to lose it.
Nostalgia is not a vile thing. Like I said, it is not a singular shade. The person's present situation provides the dominant color to it. In my post, I use nostalgia as a dialectical entity than representing a particular value. I meant that the sole usage of nostalgia which is the person's sole personal narrative not being subsumed by a grander oppressive narrative is unhealthy as it indicates that the person is being oppressed in the present.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:47 PM
-->
Pragmatism is enshrined in a reality that 'exists' at that particular time. 'Idealism' does not. Hence, it only contradicts each other at a temporal level. This means the ancient greek culture is idealism today and pragmatism back then. What I mean, through relativism, is that Pragmatism loses its force of being betokening of reality which erodes its capacity of shooting down idealism.
The mores of pragmatism change with context and thus time but that's not the pragmatism I mean, rather pragmatism as it pertains to feasibility, there are many "good" ideas in the sense that they intend to bring about good results however as good as it would be to flood inland Australia to make deserts lush and verdant it just isn't practical.

This is true of most "good" ideas, there's no shortage of good to be done so when one happens upon an opportunity to do good that hasn't already been done there's usually a reason why, like space elevators, fun idea but it just ain't gonna work.

I meant that the sole usage of nostalgia which is the person's sole personal narrative not being subsumed by a grander oppressive narrative is unhealthy as it indicates that the person is being oppressed in the present.
I don't have a narrative apart from reality, you can call that oppression if you want but that's just your narrative, I don't need any god-given transcendental meaning for my existence and I don't want one because I don't need one.

I am whole and complete,
I am my own moral arbiter,
I am the maker of my fate,
I exist because I exist,
In short: I am.

Top Bottom