• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Altered Qualia: WebGL hyper-real simulations and demos

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 3:57 AM
-->

wilsonwatsonc

Female INTP
Local time
Today 6:57 AM
-->
I especially like the 3 dreams of black on Rome. It somewhat reminds me of my surreal experience when using the Oculus Rift.

I think the name altered qualia is a very apt name for these kinds of graphics. There's something to be said for the feelings that certain graphics are now able to evoke in a person. Like the game Journey, for example. The entire purpose of the game is to joyfully experience playing it. Of course the purpose of any game is to enjoy playing it, but it's different than other games, where we are less focused on the beauty of the game and more on the objective in mind.

I think these kinds of graphics can create an experience that gives one the same sense of respect and wonder that one has for one's own dreams. I'm not sure what purpose this may eventually serve, perhaps the same kinds of purposes from lucid dreaming. All the same, it's certainly enjoyable to experience these kinds of graphics. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom