• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Animation

Adaire

Hurdurr da aDministruturr.
Local time
Today, 11:59
I have a deep enduring love for can be done creatively with 2-d animation given proper talent and love for the content.

Even amateur stuff can be fucking stellar. 2:09 gives me chills.

Local time
Cool video. I'm curious how it was made. Do you know anything about it?

3-D is cool in its own way, but seeing line work is the magic of 2-D work.
It creates contrast, and clear motion in a way that isn't present in most 3-D work.

Adaire

Local time
'fraid I don't know much about it's production.

In other news, I watched Redline For the first time today. Really, I should've seen it long ago. I can't believe pretty much the entire thing was hand drawn. It's gorgeous. rip all those poor animators and their dead hands.
HIS FUCKING HAIR!!! :lol:

Local time
I've seen blips of Redline, but I should try to find a way to watch the whole thing.
Where did you watch it?

Have you any of those old Russian animated short films?

Pizzabeak

Prolific Member
Local time
I have a deep enduring love for can be done creatively with 2-d animation given proper talent and love for the content.

Even amateur stuff can be fucking stellar. 2:09 gives me chills.

Well of course. Pixar animation films like Up aren't automatically better because they're newer. And it's not just nostalgic value. I didn't like Redline that much even though its animation style was "unique". It seemed boring and slow although I now plan on watching it again to make sure. I don't always just like stop go motion in live action films or other experimental techniques used for SFX or visual effects. Stuff like Ralph Bakshi or regular cartoons can be good, then.
Stanislav Grof said he liked animation and wished he never gave it up.

Adaire

Local time
Well of course. Pixar animation films like Up aren't automatically better because they're newer. And it's not just nostalgic value.
ugh.... :pueh:

Top Bottom