• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Anyone a professional musician?

Adamastor

Local time
Today, 18:15
As the title says: Are you a professional musician? And if so can you make a decent living?

Just curious

aiyanah

_aded
Local time
Today, 23:15
no
it seems metal guitar isn't as popular as i thought it would be.

moody

Local time
Today, 14:15
Um. Yes and no. Musicians can make it, much easier than most people think, as long as you are crafty. People who tell you it's impossible and that they've tried are often the people who only think of being a solo performer, playing in an orchestra, and playing on soundtracks. You have to learn to market yourself, which is why it turns off so many introverts. Many other ways to be a musician without strictly performing on your instrument as well.

Edit: oh yeah: yes, I'm a musician, but not considered professional yet. I rather keep any more defining details to myself, for the paranoia of giving too many details about myself on the internet. But I've been performing my whole life, and had a low-key tiger parent, if that gives you a better idea.

Local time
Today, 21:15
Hi, I was a full time musician in bands up until my thirties or so when I realized I wanted to be home every night with my wife and children more than putting on a show somewhere. So I just went to work and playing occasionally for fun, most of my children are adults now so I'm thinking about playing full time again

moody

Local time
Today, 14:15
Hi, I was a full time musician in bands up until my thirties or so when I realized I wanted to be home every night with my wife and children more than putting on a show somewhere. So I just went to work and playing occasionally for fun, most of my children are adults now so I'm thinking about playing full time again
It's hard. Most "successful musicians" in almost any genera don't have families, and are often not married. It's awesome you're considering getting back into the game! So many people never do because they can't stand what they sound like after not playing for so long. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Top Bottom