• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Are intps good friends for other intps?

Local time
Today 8:45 PM
-->
People get cross at me for some things and I don't know why. It seems like we're a disliked group of people... At least I am. I don't want to call others the problem, but my brother for example,calls me a dick for correcting him when he's wrong or for stating the obvious. If interested, I'd enjoy intp friends but my left hand is causing my severe pain so I'm done writing. I'm left handed by the way.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
Today 2:45 PM
-->
I'm left handed too, we should totally be friends. Not.
I didn't realize how annoying it is to be the person being corrected. Knock that shit off unless it's a situation where you being correct is of dire importance.
When initially socializing with people it may be a turn off, unless they're not a dense cunt and you do it with a more humorous demeanor.

I haven't met too many confirmed intps irl, but I can hit it off with them rather easily if they're not completely socially retarded. Seriously, some of us aren't worth Jack shit when it comes to being social. It isn't that hard, unless you're dealing with douchebags or total normies.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:45 PM
-->
To answer OP's question, yes, INTP's get along with each other fairly well. INTP's can get along with a lot of different intellectual types ranging from ISTP to INTJ. Sometimes they can even get along with extroverts.. not to say that by necessity extroverts are dumb.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 4:45 AM
-->
I have an INTP best friend from high school so yeah, we can be friends with others of our type.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
Today 9:45 PM
-->
Oh my god! :eek:
I'm left handed too!

Let all left handed INTP's unite all across the globe!

Do you think our INTPness is related to our sinister nature?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I think it just comes down to social skills.

If you can be offensive without offending people, then you have social skills. The opposite of that is when you offend people without being offensive.

Local time
-->
I think it depends on the person and the conditions.

I personally get along really well with the one other INTP I know. He is a really good friend and we clicked right away.

The reason for this instant connection may be that we both live in a small community and go to two different small schools where there is no one else like us or who has the same personality type.

We both are largely misunderstood by our families and classmates so we understand each other. The community we live in has very traditional values so I think we get along well because we don't have to "chameleon" or hide our eccentricities with each other like we do with everyone else. We both understand the pressures from our traditional community (he, a seventeen year old guy, likes knitting and I, a seventeen year old girl, likes robotics and hates makeup; we both receive crap from people for not conforming to expectations).

I think we also get along well because we are both surrounded by people who are feelers and it is nice to say something without someone getting upset. I think we both deal with having both parents possessing the dominant function of introverted feeling, which clashes with our dominant introverted thinking.

Also, our community is more focused on sports than on science and nerd stuff so we can talk about our interests.

So, to answer the question, I would say that INTPs are good friends for each other because it allows us a safe haven to be ourselves and to be understood.

Top Bottom