• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

are you a thrill seeker?

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
Today 5:44 AM
-->
saffy:
What on earth are chip butties?! Rain I can deal with.

To make a chip buttie -

go to a takeaway, and buy some chips. They must still be warm.

Get a breadcake with butter on it (they may call the Baps (lol) depending on where you are)

Put the chips inside the breadcake, and wait for the butter to melt.

Add salt, ketchup, etc.

Eat =)

They are very nice, just ignore whatever Anthile says. He's never tried them. =P

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:44 PM
-->
^ :eek::eek::eek:

That sounds like the food of the gods!

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
Yesterday 9:44 PM
-->
In some ways, I am a thrill seeker. I'll try anything once as long as I can rationally prove it isn't extremely dangerous. Like...eating something that looks gross. Sure, it looks gross, but it can't kill me, right? I might just be like "YUCK" for a minute or so...but...whatever. Makes the day more interesting.

And I don't die. :D

The Fury

is licking himself.
Local time
-->
To make a chip buttie -

go to a takeaway, and buy some chips. They must still be warm.

Get a breadcake with butter on it (they may call the Baps (lol) depending on where you are)

Put the chips inside the breadcake, and wait for the butter to melt.

Add salt, ketchup, etc.

Eat =)

They are very nice, just ignore whatever Anthile says. He's never tried them. =P

Another Chip Buttie connoisseur, there's nothing better than a chip buttie and a few beers on a cold winter night. I'm guessing you're English, as I don't know of any other countries where the chip buttie is made. It's the one good thing the English brought to Ireland.

Yozuki

Local time
Yesterday 11:44 PM
-->
Excitement and adrenaline rushes are a body experience. If you chase after those kinds of thrills, you are not an INTP.

Using sarcasm and satire are like using larger words. Normally the user feels they're useful. The audience is a loose cannon. Personal experience shows that Yozuki will dismiss you. Too many assumptions, too much pretention, too much talk, Yozuki wants more rock.

Yozuki sees nothing wrong with a safe haven. He does have issues with people lieing to each other and trying to establish a false order and interpretation.

Local time
-->
CHIP BUTTIES!!!

oh Yozuki, so naive...

...I envy you....

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
I can't say that I've ever been a thrill seeker, but I've done a lot of stupid things to attempt to experience that type of fear. I'll only speak of the less crazy ones.

Surfing and downhill longboarding can be such a great experience. It's not so much a thrill as it is a unique calmness and quiet beauty. Ballooning can offer the same feeling. It's kind of like the feeling when I swim as deep as I can and hold my breath as long as possible. I haven't done any of those things for a couple years though. The only recent 'thrilling' thing I like to do is to explore and give tours in my wrangler. All the 'thrilling' things I like to do involve carefully building skillsets against the consequence of physical danger, and the payoff is the ability to know the limits of what I'm capable of and eventually lose some control in forces that are much larger than I am. It's also an excersize in trusting my intuition and physical expressions of wu wei are frequent. Add to all that the beauty of reaching such places. The beauty of the wind rustling your clothes while you're riding freely down a steep hill under a full moon, the board shaking violently under your calm, loose, feet. The beauty of piercing through the cloudy morning to be overwhelmed by the sun above it all, looking down from the basket in complete silence to see the clouds swirling just beneath you while the sun lights them on fire in all directions.

I didn't enjoy skydiving because it was really difficult to get in the moment. It was nothing but sensory overload with the wind and the whole time I just felt physically uncomfortable and annoyed. I went rock climbing with a friend about a month ago and realized that I get more easily feel scared and paranoid than before, but I also think that was a matter of trusting my friend to not let me drop.

chocolate

Local time
-->
I wouldn't say I'm a thrill seeker, but I'm a curious person. I tried skydiving because I wanted to know what it felt like to be falling, not for the thrill. Another reason for doing thrill seeking behaviours (when I do them, which is rare) is for the challenge. I mean if I go to an amusement park, I want to go on the craziest ride, not because of the thrill, but just so I know I could do it and wasn't too afraid. I am the kind of person that likes to do things that I'm afraid of (or likes to have done them I should say).

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Yesterday 10:44 PM
-->
Nope, not a thrill seeker in the regular sense.
I've avoided that since the time when, as a kid, I discovered that the "thrilling" rides at the fair didn't do anything for me. Everybody yelled and got hyper but I felt nothing.

Could procrastinating be considered a silly way of thrill seeking? Striving to make a deadline is interesting.

dwags222

Local time
-->
Excitement and adrenaline rushes are a body experience. If you chase after those kinds of thrills, you are not an INTP.

i heard if you are closed minded or one who stereotypes you are also not an intp.

Yozuki

Local time
-->
i heard if you are closed minded or one who stereotypes you are also not an intp.
I hope you are refering to me directly. You don't know how much that makes me smile.

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
-->
Bear in mind that the majority of INTP's do have at least a little bit of S in them.

I honestly haven't met anyone who is completely inhibited. Except like, a paranoid dude.

Yozuki

Local time
-->
Bear in mind that the majority of INTP's do have at least a little bit of S in them.

I honestly haven't met anyone who is completely inhibited. Except like, a paranoid dude.
Prove it.

dwags222

Local time
-->
^^ lol, all this knowledge on intp's coming from an estp, i love it.

dwags222

Local time
-->
it would be kind of like saying, if you exercise you are not an intp

Yozuki

Local time
-->
it would be kind of like saying, if you exercise you are not an intp
Dwags, I will only ask you once to quit your passive-aggressiveness and to stop imposing your opinion. At no time have you asked me to back up my statements - something that would imply (at least as I feel it) you are open minded. So far, all I see you doing is making claims and if I'm not mistaken, your latest is a logical fallacy. Don't quote me on that.

I have stated - If you chase after an adrenaline rush and excitement, you are not an INTP. This is a reverse way of thinking, but is rewording what I've observed in the community.

I don't recall INTP's calling themselves adrenaline junkies, which is the realm of the ESTP.

I find it to be a sad thing when I'm not allowed to state an opinion - no matter how ignorant. I'm not an intellectual and I will never claim to be one. I find it worse when what I've said is dismissed without actually calling me out on it.

dwags222

Local time
-->
sigh. don't take things so personally.

chocolate

Local time
-->
Could procrastinating be considered a silly way of thrill seeking? Striving to make a deadline is interesting.

This is interesting kidege. I have thought along these lines before. It certainly makes things more challenging (much more so than they need to be) and then it feels delightful to have won the challenge.

Personally I'm not sure I do it to seek thrills though, I just do it to avoid boring tasks, which of course is stupid because it just delays them, or perhaps an imminent deadline makes them a bit less boring if not thrilling.

D~C

Redshirt
Local time
-->
i am definitely a thrill seeker, i love doing cray stuff and i love taking risks (more physical risks than anything, i.e. jumping off cliffs, speeding cars/motorcycles/snowmobiles, weaving in and out of traffic on bicycles, etc.) some would probably describe me as foolhardy.

Dan, I greatly admire your passion for "thrill seeking." So I thought I'd make you (and other thrill seekers) aware of a San Shen Tan Tien EXTREME seminar that is coming up. It's hard for me to imagine a more rigorous program squeezed into a mere three days. If anyone has the moxie to even attempt this, and the sheer will to complete this, you will emerge on the other side as an individual who has accomplished something truly incredible. And beyond bragging rights, you will have learned very powerful techniques of the San Shen Tan Tien system.

Are you a thrill seeker, adventurer or somone looking for the next great challenge? Fancy youself a very capable martial artist? Or a triathalon athlete? Or an Everest climbing veteran? Or an insomniac on a SERIOUS mission?? Whatever you are, whoever you are . . . young or old . . . if this appeals to you in any way, on any level . . . and think you have what it takes . . . you are certainly encouraged to attend. You will be treated respect and dignity so long as you treat others as such.

http://www.sstt-institute.net/met4um/index.php?topic=45.msg114#msg114

severus

Local time
-->
I am a thrill seeker. I love the adrenaline rush. Rollercoasters are about all I've tried so far (zipline and parasailing weren't very "thrilling," but count them if you want). I do have a very weak N though, so that might be part of it. I want to push the boundries of experience. I want to sky-dive, hang glide, rock climb, surf, scuba dive.... It's as good as coming up with new theories, etc.

However, I won't do things like underwater cave exploration or weaving in and out of traffic on a motorcycle because I would not feel safe. Which is a very subjective standard, but there you are.

Deleted member 1424

It really depends what you mean by risk/thrill-seeking behavior. Personally I don't engage in overtly stupid behavior, but I'm a very indignant person in general. I hate pointless rules and standards. I consciously and unconsciously subvert such things. I guess I don't like being told what to do or how to live. So I have a history of pointing out hypocrisy and redundancies rather bluntly; which does cause conflict. I'm also a very aggressive driver. :)

spockguy

Local time
-->
I'm going skydiving next month, I love roller coasters, enjoy the thrill of speed, especially in the open air, love to go crazy ape-shit insane at concerts and find myself in the mosh a lot (Even though I get my ass beat)... Other than that, not really.. to SEEK a thrill is an anomaly for me, to enjoy a good thrill on the other hand, is not.

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:44 PM
-->
I'm a bit of a thrill-seeker in that I like to get "kicks" by doing something outside the social boundaries, spontaneously going on a trip or yeah, maybe something thrilling like skateboarding or skydiving. I like to push the envelope. For me it's definitely an escape from the tedium of everyday life.

EDIT: and always go crazy in moshpits :D

Top Bottom