• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Autopilot

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:59 AM
-->
Does your body ever just do things?

So I'm in the kitchen, glass (used) in one hand can bourbon & coke in the other, sort of day dreaming, there's a fleeting notion that I want to get something from the fridge and I notice I'm halfway through pouring the can into the glass. It wasn't wrong per say but I was taking the glass to the sink because I'd used it last night and left it in my study, I was planning to drink from the can and wash the glass later.

Yeah I know epic story right?

Still it's kind of disturbing to recognize a decision being made that had nothing to do with my conscious mind and this isn't an isolated event, stuff like this happens all the time.

Owl

Void
Local time
Today 10:59 AM
-->
The body can learn through muscle memory like exercising.

Humans have very advanced limbic and nervous systems.

Your body's nervous system essentially reacts to the outer world to keep your brain alive.

We're already cyborgs though, man.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow 5:59 AM
-->
I do that. I'll be off in TSR land and find myself walking to go somewhere without needing to go anywhere. Or I'll go to get something specific and without thinking my hand will grab the nearest thing. Sometimes I don't realize until I go to use what I thought I had grabbed only to find I've picked up, say the remote, when I've gone to get a phone charger.

When I'm drunk I have a habit of putting things in random places. Like my urine in the bin.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 6:59 PM
-->
Ha, yea happens all the time.

Sometimes my friends ask me to make them rolled cigarettes, and more than once I've accidentally made and passed them spliffs - without even thinking.

The other week I stated to brush my teeth with Freederm, or whatever that spot cream is called... Was left right where the tooth paste should be.

Sometimes when people ask for tea, I'll auto do coffee...

Often I'll open a new web tab with the intention of going somewhere specific.. get distracted or something, wonder what I was doing and then notice that I've opened one of my regular tabs without realising ..

... and so on and so forth.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 3:59 AM
-->
Oh that reminds me - I think I put my milk in the cupboard again. Brb.

Edit: couldn't find it

Last edited:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 10:59 AM
-->
Sometimes I'll be pouring myself a drink or have one in my hand already, and I'll be anticipating that I'm going to drink, say, OJ and then when the liquid touches my tongue I'm shocked to find I was drinking water (or vice versa). It's like I had the taste of OJ in my mouth already and then drinking the water tastes disgusting because it wasn't expected.

Ex-User (13503)

Local time
Today 6:59 PM
-->
The dissociation is so strong in this thread, I can... What was I saying again?

Seriously, that's what's up, though.

Top Bottom