• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Back for a While

Ragnar

A Master From Germany
Local time
Today 2:46 AM
-->
Well, I completely neglected this place for a few years, a main reason being my shattered arm, and operations thereon; but got an email saying the SLL wasn't working, although I renewed the 5-yr issue last november...

Anyway, maybe this place is ended, but that's no reason not to keep it going, whether or not it has clientele, like an old shaded bar in the shadow of a ruined cathedral, use --- or having use --- is not the point. It's Tradition, damn it !

I re-added the SSL certificate ( Sectigo --- possibly the worse name-change in history, from Comodo... Dragons to insecticide ) So people should not be frighted at that stupid warning, although dumb old Chrome issues warnings at a drop of a hat... and shall upgrade Xenforo fairly soon; though some testing may be needed to see if the separate upgrade to PHP 8 is sustainable.

Best wishes to all who read this message from the Deep.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 2:46 PM
-->
d6jat1t-4a3331e1-387f-43da-8b11-95f213c26e0c.jpg

PiedPiper

Breathe
Local time
Yesterday 6:46 PM
-->
This place feels like an old abandoned but golden era. Last remnants of what used to be. People come, they leave, they come back. Like estranged travelers peeking at a haunted place lost to time. We are ghosts here. These ruins are alive with the memories of those who came, left memories, and never returned. Hello from a fellow ghost.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 11:16 AM
-->
This might be the death blow. It's been slow for a long time, but this complete halt of inertia might have the more consistent posters find another outlet for that energy.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Yesterday 7:46 PM
-->
This is just a transition. They said it was dead in 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2019.

No, things will go on. I know I will.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 11:16 AM
-->
Maybe, but survival data isn't great at predicting time of death.

Usually when the forum goes down the mods or other members will mention it to me, but this was barely the case this time. Only one person mentioned to me that the forum was down, and they're a lurker. I'm not sure any of the mods other than ragnar were aware it was down.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, it just feels different to me this time.

@Ragnar
Regarding mods, Kora (higs) and Kuu are the only ones who have shown any interest in the place at all in the last few years. Neither is really present though. RB and Auburn were last seen in 2020. The forum has worked mostly independently of moderation for a good long while, with a mod fetched whenever someone goes truly wild. IMO it's worked pretty well this way.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
Yesterday 8:46 PM
-->
My chances drop mentioning this, but ngl I was eying the whois data on this and now I'm disappointed that my hopes have been dashed. INTPf apparently is harder to kill than roaches.

Hope you are able to scrounge the resources together to secure whatever it is you want to do with this place Ragnar. It certainly is fulfilling to people in some way, but imo it leaves plenty to be desired.

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Please keep this place going, I find the people that visits this place very much unique, not the mbti-obsessed echo chamber type in Personality cafe, and not the low-brow shit-post of r/INTP. It has very dedicative, very intellectual, and somewhat welcoming people.

I don't doubt that if this place is just little bit promoted and a little bit capitalized (To the degree that we fillter out all the degenerates spammers and normies) it has a bright future. It attracts simmiliar minded people talking about ideas. If this place keeps living I'll keep posting.

When this place goes down a few weeks back I actually felt like I lost a community of very engaged people.

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
This place feels like an old abandoned but golden era. Last remnants of what used to be. People come, they leave, they come back. Like estranged travelers peeking at a haunted place lost to time. We are ghosts here. These ruins are alive with the memories of those who came, left memories, and never returned. Hello from a fellow ghost.
A place that has clinged to existance and presevere for so long won't just wither out and die, there's a lot of potential here, it might be niche, but I'm confident that there's a lot of market fot this site.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 2:46 PM
-->
It's only been a few days and the regulars are trickling back in. Imo that there isn't a lot of people here is part of the appeal. I'm active on Reddit but there I'm putting on a performance for the general public, farming useless internet points. Whereas here I can have an actual debate with someone without every man and his dog jumping in just as things are starting to get good.

EndogenousRebel

mean person
Local time
-->
It's only been a few days and the regulars are trickling back in. Imo that there isn't a lot of people here is part of the appeal. I'm active on Reddit but there I'm putting on a performance for the general public, farming useless internet points. Whereas here I can have an actual debate with someone without every man and his dog jumping in just as things are starting to get good.
I can't seem to have JUST positive reception if the point I'm trying to make is more complex than "thing good/bad". Hence I always break even in karma while generating a shit ton of controversy. It is pretty funny.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 2:46 AM
-->
Nice to see this place is back.

I have noticed that nowadays, most forums are mostly mouthpieces for common attitudes that would benefit the elites, and social media are mostly either spouting such mouthpieces or showing cat videos or Youtube videos advertising new pop starts, or Instagram photos of celebrities, and things like that. I feel like I'm watching billions of people who express the kinds of opinions that require less thought than the average pub-goer who has drunk 5 pints.

It almost makes me feel like we need mind-numbing drugs to be legal and in plentiful supply, because without them, we have to deal with mind-numbing boredom, effectively making much of the internet a cross between Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheight 451, George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four and Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Old Things

I am unworthy of His grace
Local time
-->
This might be the death blow. It's been slow for a long time, but this complete halt of inertia might have the more consistent posters find another outlet for that energy.

Not on my watch...

*insert dorky tech-oriented anime character giving a thumbs up with a smile and their tongue out*

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 10:46 AM
-->
Oh we're up again! Good to see you guys still alive.

TransientMoment

_ _ , - _ , _ -
Local time
-->
Nice to have a place to go where you know to test your ideas and get feedback, although I guess having a small crowd has its drawbacks... and probably deters people from joining a place "half abandoned". Most people like community, but INTPs aren't "most people".

Top Bottom