• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Best dietary/lifestyle path to functional life extension?

Methodician

clever spec of dust
Local time
Today 1:00 AM
-->
I'm passionately interested in optimized nutrition and lifestyle factors to promote health, energy, focus, happiness, and perhaps most importantly extend maximal life span. When I posted this thread with specific questions what I got instead of answers was mostly a big debate about different approaches to optimal health and lifespan/healthspan. I liked it though so why not dedicate a thread?

My current approach could be described as modified "paleo". I'm attempting to maximize key micronutrients, balance amino acids and essential fatty acids, minimize toxins and antinutrients, optimize my fitness routine (not by working out more, but by working out smarter), entrain my circadian rhythm, optimize my mindset (lol "optimism" would be the word), minimize stress (except key health-promoting stressors), etc...

A multi-pronged approach to maximizing both what I get out of life during the time I have here on earth, and the overall amount of time. Oh, and improving my chances at immortality of course... My performance (mental and physical) has dramatically improved and I feel worlds better. All my research suggests that what I'm doing will also lead to significantly extended life span and health span.

Does anyone else here even try? What are your approaches? What do you think about mine? What are the best approaches in your opinion? I'm not anti-veganism but I do think there are better ways to handle things (though not quite as simple).

Side note: I'm not really looking for a philosophical "why would you want to live longer" debate but I welcome your challenges this time around.

Top Bottom