• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Care To Type Me?

Marshall

Local time
Today 4:10 AM
-->
Hello everyone, let me give you a little bit of my background. I grew up in a small town of about 2,000 people. I had a brother who I always fought with, but we always got along too. We slowly grew apart during high school so we don't talk as much. In high school my concentration in my studies went away leaving me a vagabond teen with a reckless angst for sex and drugs. After that happened I came to my senses and joined the military. In training right now, working with electronics.

My lifestyle consists of going to class, eating, complaining about class, surfing the internet, and eating some more. My social life is good, I talk to whoever I meet, make small talk and hang out with my roommates. I want to start working out more, need to keep track of what I eat since I've gained around 10 pounds last month. I like to keep active, it keeps you strong and healthy, chicks dig healthy.

MBTI Cognitive Functions
Extrovert vs Introvert
Sometimes I feel more introverted than extroverted. I have to force myself to have a long conversation or else I zone out and daydream in front of them. I'm very aware of myself, even when alone. I place a healthy amount of importance on the external world, but it really isn't my main concern.

Intuition vs Sensing
I can look at concrete facts and accept them as concrete, however I like to expand upon them and explain why they "are," there is an explanation for everything. Understanding the world and how it works is a priority of mine.

Thinking vs Feeling
My communication and ideas are logic based more than they are filled with emotional content. My only interest in feelings is to keep them stable so I can live a healthy lifestyle instead of suppressing them.

Judging vs Perceiving
I like to organize my life enough to keep neat and on schedule, but adaptable enough to respond to unexpected obstacles. I take in information from the outside world more than I make decisions with it. I like to mix work and play, be easy going, and make people laugh. I'm also very rational and hard-working when I need to be.

What I admire: Confidence, socially outgoing, strong leadership, strong will, and goal oriented.

What I resent: Judgmental, shallow, spiteful, conceited, and self-centered.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:10 PM
-->
You're a duck, maybe a goose.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
You seem to be an INTX. Prefer you linear or 'magical' thinking?

-Duxwing

Marshall

Local time
-->
I don't think that much, only when I'm reasoning or solving a problem. If you call a series of images and memories that connect with the events or objects around me linear than you could say that. I prefer the practical, but I can daydream about ponies any day.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:10 AM
-->
Not enough information.

How do you feel about social values?

How do you feel around people expressing emotion?

Do spend more time considering what is important OR why things are important?

Do you find yourself often lost in thought or are you mostly aware even when doing light thinking?

Are you more reactive or considering?

Do you see many answers to a problem or a single solution?

Do you prefer hands on learning or books?

Do prefer learning by experimentation or a step by step process.

Do value subjective values more or do you prefer reason?

Do you like talking about... rate 1 to 5
1) feelings
2) sensational and environmental experiences
3) materials very specific
4) anything and everything, just ask me any FACT
5) why things happen, concepts, theories
6) other please explain

Marshall

Local time
-->
How do you feel about social values?
I can like people, they can be funny at times. But usually I just tune them out. I like the idea of being social, but I don't feel the need or have the energy to entertain a conversation.

How do you feel around people expressing emotion?
I think emotions are irrational, if somebody is crying I would feel bad, but wait until they get over it. I don't understand it, sometimes I feel lonely, but only to an extent and it doesn't last long.

Do spend more time considering what is important OR why things are important?
The question I ask is what is importance? The things that are important to my every day life include what I'm eating, learning, making sure I keep a steady bank account, staying groomed, and doing my job, other than that the rest is moot.

Do you find yourself often lost in thought or are you mostly aware even when doing light thinking?
I am mostly aware of my environment and the knowledge it possesses. I'm aware of what needs done to keep healthy and keep my job, how to behave in public. Sometimes I get lost in thought, but only when I'm napping.

Are you more reactive or considering?
I am more considering, reactions are executed only when needed. Possibilities need considered if something is to be done with enough efficiency.

Do you see many answers to a problem or a single solution?
Depends, if there is already a good enough solution to a problem I will use that. However with a problem I've never encountered there will be analysis, trial and error before the solution arises.

Do you prefer hands on learning or books?
Depends on what I'm learning about. Theoretical understanding comes from books, learning how to change the oil in your car requires hands on learning. Theories and concepts are useful when dealing with the unexplained, practice makes perfect when dealing with the physical.

Do prefer learning by experimentation or a step by step process.
If what I'm learning is rather complex it would take some reading then some experimenting to learn how to use an object or implement an idea to whatever I am learning about. If it is useful, it should be remembered for future reference if I encounter it.

Do value subjective values more or do you prefer reason? 1 High - 5 Low

Do you like talking about... rate 1 to 5
1) feelings 5
2) sensational and environmental experiences 3
3) materials very specific 3
4) anything and everything, just ask me any FACT 2
5) why things happen, concepts, theories 3
6) other please explain

1) Feelings are irrational.
2) Sensation experiences can be useful if what needs done requires the physical.
3) If the materials are relevant. For example you will not catch me talking about the molecular structure of marbles unless I'm dealing with marbles.
4) I don't claim to know all facts of the universe, so if I was asked about anything and "everything" it would be a pointless conversation.
5) This can be very useful subject matter, if it helps to better understand the condition of what we're doing than we can apply this to our own understanding or practical application.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->

You are xNTx for sure.

I tend to think you are Ti if you are very focused where you tune things out when you are considering something like when you wrote up your reply. Te is more surface thinking where you can see the environment around you and interact logically without having to withdraw into yourself to think.

People sometimes consider an extrovert someone who gets out of the house and goes spend time with people but I tend to think of it more of being outside your head. For TiNe FiNe people, I view an Introvert as a person who even when with people will withdraw from the conversation and be thinking about something else. Someone who when doing simple tasks will be pondering things and paying little attention to what he is doing. The way other types seem to handle their Introvertedness is more meditative or relaxing.

You don't seem to indicate that you see better ways to always do things and want to change things. You seem to think that the way that things work is fine and you don't seem to want to explore things for the purpose of learning unless the learning serves a practical purpose.

I would say I/E NTJ at this point.

An INTJ is different than an INTP when handling their introvertedness. The INTJ is not really a pondering person except that he is likely to find a recovery and rebuilding from solace and relaxation. Long walks and silent meditation are often things INTJ will do. I think an INTP will often find such things boring and will end up withdrawing into their head

ENTJ are much more dominating than the INTJ though.

Marshall

Local time
-->
Possibly yes, INTJ seems to fit my description to a certain point, however so does many other types. When dealing with people, my demeanor carries a slight timidity to it unless I make sure of myself, by strengthening my voice and walking upright instead of lowering my eyes. However the reason I don't do this is people tend to initiate conversation, something I don't want them to do. Also, if I'm assertive, I come off as challenging instead of confident.

So, if I have Ti instead of Te, this makes me a perceiver, so I can't be INTJ. Also, theoretical concepts do not enter the mind of an ISTP, leaving me with intuition. People do not interest me, neither do feelings. The only type I'm left with is INTP. But I don't fit the physical description, my shoulders are broad and I have a toned physique. Unless the base foundation for personality theory is fundamentally flawed, it seems I'll never find the answer.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
So, if I have Ti instead of Te, this makes me a perceiver, so I can't be INTJ. Also, theoretical concepts do not enter the mind of an ISTP, leaving me with intuition. People do not interest me, neither do feelings. The only type I'm left with is INTP. But I don't fit the physical description, my shoulders are broad and I have a toned physique. Unless the base foundation for personality theory is fundamentally flawed, it seems I'll never find the answer. .

You should consider if physical characteristics should be compared to personality traits. Ne can often recognize such patterns even if the items or concepts should not be compared. An INTJ would not likely make such a mistake.

The MBTI is often misunderstood as a personality trait guideline but in reality it is a functional system of the brain. It is like determining which hand is more dominant. The brain will often make people right handed or have a eye that exerts greater control. MBTI is a way to define which processes of the brain have dominance of other processes. Often the situations can affect the need for the different functions, like using you left hand to hold the fork while you cut with the knife even though you are generally right handed.

You should study more on the functions themselves and less of the traits.

The traits are an indirect method for determining your functional system. It is often that if you perceive the world and make decisions using the same functions as someone else you would share some personality traits. This is not always accurate though, as there are other factors such as choices and preferences and different environmental effects that can make you and another INTP different.

Anyways, I think you are correct that you are an INTP and it is likely you came here because you already suspected as much. It would be interesting to see your test results.

Marshall

Local time
-->
It seems to me that MBTI shouldn't be taken as concrete as some people take it. A well rounded personality would take on more than one personality depending on the situation. I can be an ESTJ at work, an ESTP during a workout, and an INTP during my studies. The thing about MBTI is it assumes all personalities are subject to stereotype. Socionics is less strict in that respect, involving physical characteristics with more emphasis on interests and style rather than subconscious functions of the brain, which is an almost outdated, layperson theory for human behavior anyway. We are much more complex than a simple 4 function system of feelings and logic.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
It seems to me that MBTI shouldn't be taken as concrete as some people take it. A well rounded personality would take on more than one personality depending on the situation. I can be an ESTJ at work, an ESTP during a workout, and an INTP during my studies. The thing about MBTI is it assumes all personalities are subject to stereotype. Socionics is less strict in that respect, involving physical characteristics with more emphasis on interests and style rather than subconscious functions of the brain, which is an almost outdated, layperson theory for human behavior anyway. We are much more complex than a simple 4 function system of feelings and logic.

Socionics tries to sort people into specific groups. I am not interested in being grouped by subjective traits. Subjective values and preferences are individualistic in nature. Why group such things?

I care more about how the mind works than I do about personalities.

I group more objective data in order to understand it. The functions are not limited by four functions.

They are as follows Ti Te Si Se Ni Ne Fi Fe and each type contains all these functions but in a different order. The functional results are conscious results that we all know we have like direct data vs intuition and reasoning vs feeling. Brain functions like visual, spatial, vocal and such are not as detrimental to our every day decision making as they are to getting directions to the nearest gas station.

You do not change types depending on the situation. It is like the dominant hand analogy. If you are a right handed person, it does not mean you do not have a left hand or that you can only use your right hand. When you are working on a car and you reach in to tighten a bolt but cannot get your right hand in because of the angle, you reach in with the left hand and tighten the bolt. The result is the same, however you will feel more awkward using your left hand because you are right hand dominant. When that person uses the left hand, he is not suddenly considered left handed. He is still right handed but is using his left hand.

A Thinking dominant person is like the right handed person using his left hand to tighten the bolt when he is trying to use Feeling functions.

Top Bottom