• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

CHOOSE YOUR TWO STRONGEST TYPE PREFERENCES

What are your two strongest type characteristics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:49 AM
-->
Hello,

VOTE FIRST BEFORE LOOKING AT THE VOTES!

Two strong suits
We are railroaded by history into four types:

Four Card Types

Clubs = Guardians SJ
Spades = Artisans SP
Diamonds = Rationals NT
Hearts = Idealists NF

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter
http://www.personalitypage.com/four-prefs.html

The question is
CHOOSE YOUR TWO STRONGEST TYPE PREFERENCES.
e.g.

You might be an EF Extravert Feeler (I would run a mile from a nymphomaniac)
or you could be an IT Introverted Thinker (stuck in a wheelchair and books)
but pertaining to this group, which two of INTP are your strongest tendencies?
or is this group attracted to the nymphs, IF they had the opportunity?

Perseus

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Interesting replies. I have not sorted this in my mind yet as I have been working on other things. But the IN catergory is first intuitived as Mystery Man. As I am a NP this h judgement is too early and I will have to do some more perceiving. I think I have only come across these two together in INFJs. I know at least one SKYLARK (INFJ). I can't say I know him very well, because these people are difficult to know. They are lots of relationship problems somehow.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 9:49 PM
-->
I'm almost at the point of re-typing myself INxx . It could be due to stress that I'm partially in shadow mode, but Ni is my dominant function at the moment. Ti and Ne are still strong. Cognitive functions test still gives INTP as best fit, but with ENTP and INFJ as alternatives.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Where's the Ne option?

murkrow

Local time
Today 4:49 AM
-->
This thread doesn't really make sense.

INPs and INJs have different intuitive functions.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
This thread doesn't really make sense.

INPs and INJs have different intuitive functions.

That means you must intuitively believe in the Keirsey system. I don't. It is just a tool to me. It is your judgement call. One that I do NOT make.

Intuition to me depends on outside (sensing) circumstances. Intuition needs to be checked by empirical data, scientific investigation ..... or else I would on the ponies every time.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 1:49 AM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
IT, but I'm not sure if that's correct (though I've always got the strongest percentages there every test). Maybe it's because I do so much acting, socially, but I certainly don't fit the "wheelchair and books" description.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wheelchair and bookworm is accurate. Don't believe in the tests.

Acting is extravert if you are full time. But if you are a local thespian, I have found them to be decent, but they only act in character.

murkrow

Local time
-->
That means you must intuitively believe in the Keirsey system. I don't. It is just a tool to me. It is your judgement call. One that I do NOT make.

Intuition to me depends on outside (sensing) circumstances. Intuition needs to be checked by empirical data, scientific investigation ..... or else I would on the ponies every time.

It means that when I am dealing with the Keirsey system, using the terms defined by it, I follow the meanings of the terms.

If you deny the validity of the language you're using then any conversation is impossible.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It means that when I am dealing with the Keirsey system, using the terms defined by it, I follow the meanings of the terms.

If you deny the validity of the language you're using then any conversation is impossible.

I don't unnerstand. Intuition is intuition. I think you are being hyper-ingenious. Intuition can be hopelessly wrong. It is just that with us lot it precedes sensing, whereas with thee Artisans, especially the Bears (ISTP) they are too busy enjoying themselves at the picnic in the woods.

murkrow

Local time
-->
You are wrong, intuition is not intuition.

When you use the word intuition in a discussion relating to the MBTI you are invoking the intuitive functions described by the MBTI, not the dictionary definition of intuition.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You are wrong, intuition is not intuition.

When you use the word intuition in a discussion relating to the MBTI you are invoking the intuitive functions described by the MBTI, not the dictionary definition of intuition.

You have made a judgement. Perception of the functions described goes deeper than that. The option is available to ignore the inadequate tests entirely and get philosophical. Well, it is using Keirsey.

An Eagle (INTP) does not play hide and seek with the Bears (ISTP) amongst the trees and abhors the thought. It's grizzly. I mean Pandas (ISTP variant) are fun to cuddle and play with, but living under the same roof ??? I've tried.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 9:49 PM
-->
Where's the Ne option?

Because the question is pitched at INTPs, you'd assume the intuition in the poll options is Ne.

I just mentioned strong Ni because this was my strongest function when last tested, which could be a temporal aberration due to stress, or it might not...

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Because the question is pitched at INTPs, you'd assume the intuition in the poll options is Ne.

I just mentioned strong Ni because this was my strongest function when last tested, which could be a temporal aberration due to stress, or it might not...

The tests don't work properly, which is one of the reasons why I am experiementing devising new tests.

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I am not sure what you mean by Ni and Ne ???

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:49 AM
-->
:eek:...

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Which are your two strongest? There's no way to know.

I am not sure what you mean by Ni and Ne ???

You really don't understand the MBTI, do you?

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Which are your two strongest? There's no way to know.

You really don't understand the MBTI, do you?

I forget the numbers and letters cause I translate all terms into something easy to remember like animals.

Anyrate, I am not INTJ elitist. And I do not necessarily believe in the MTBI system, whatever that is, if it is Myers-Briggs, I am on the Keirsey side. I take the test reulsts with bucketful of NaCN

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Today 1:49 AM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Wheelchair and bookworm is accurate. Don't believe in the tests.

Acting is extravert if you are full time. But if you are a local thespian, I have found them to be decent, but they only act in character.

I didn't mean thespian acting. I meant acting like everyone else so I won't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom