• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Convince me to do my homework

Nebulous

Local time
Today 4:23 AM
-->
bet ya can't :rolleyes:

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 9:23 AM
-->
Do your homework or i'll find something stupid to ridicule in each of your posts so far.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Dang :cat:
I'll attempt to get some done

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:23 AM
-->
All the kids I went to high school with who didn't regularly do their homework are now dead, raising children out of wedlock, in jail, or addicted to heroin.

Ex-User (9086)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:23 AM
-->
No need to convince, you'll realise your mistakes when you end up unemployed, impoverished, frustrated with your life and wishing you could start over again, but you won't be able to. You'll have to settle for a life of making up after mistakes of your youth.

If you wish to get somewhere it requires similar consistency and effort as doing your homework, if you can't do it, it's likely you can't do other things.

Sly-fy

Local time
Today 6:23 PM
-->
Don`t be the meathead Rob Lowe. Do your homework. And switch to DirecTV.

Or, if that first one didn`t work: "Don`t be a settler" (with your bad grades!)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Do it or you'll end up sad and depressed like me because you don't know how to make yourself work when you should, and you will forever waste your potential.

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
School is no place for smart people. - Rick Sanchez

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
if you dont do your homework you will become more lazy and unable to do other stuff which you should, but if you do the homework you are giving up your soul because of some stupid shit which is completely arbitrary and pointless apart from the fact that society requires it, do you want to be a good little bitch or a champion of truth??

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:23 PM
-->
I wonder what the etymology of homework is.

Home + work? Work you do at home? People doing that are either writers or some kind of freelance.

Okay dictionary.com uses a definition "schoolwork assigned to be done outside the classroom (distinguished from classwork)" So I'm guessing the word was made up after they modernized the education system? I'm betting it was the American system but then again the British one could also be a contender (post-1900)
Hmm..

---

This is why you should do your homework.

Local time
-->
do your homework
graduate
get a job
eat ass
carry a child in ur womb for about a year only to give it the most generic name u can think of
die

repeat after me : i am free!

OR

dont do ur homework
and dont do much else with your life rlli
feel yourself ease into the endless vortex of terror whenever ur relatives ask u about ur achievements at family gatherings
eat grease and raw salt
ur free and enlightened tho. free from the constratints of mundane every day banalities, and now u only reply in albert camus quotes no matter what kind of conversation ure having
die

the choice is urs

Nebulous

Local time
-->
All the kids I went to high school with who didn't regularly do their homework are now dead, raising children out of wedlock, in jail, or addicted to heroin.

You see, I tell myself things like this constantly, but then I proceed to not do my assignments.

Lack of Ni? Denial? Why am I like this

Nebulous

Local time
-->

Silent Sage

Local time
Today 3:23 AM
-->
Bleh, homework is so mundane.
Just do well on tests and turn in the occasional project and you'll be just fine. You'll have a slower start, probably, but what's the rush...

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I have a 5 page paper that was due yesterday
I haven't started it yet
;-;

Nebulous

Local time
-->

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Do your homework or i'll find something stupid to ridicule in each of your posts so far.

Does this offer still stand? It's pretty motivating.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Dear past me

You probably did 3 homework assignments the entirety of lasts cool year
You lost ur scholarship, failed shit and got booted from Jesus school

BUT AYY guess what now you're at a public school and you're actually relatively happy for once so good going bab keep it up

Sandglass

Pixelated
Local time
-->
If you don't do your homework, the monster under your bed will eat you :cthulhu:

Nebulous

Local time
-->
If you don't do your homework, the monster under your bed will eat you :cthulhu:

I ate the monster long ago and have absorbed its essence into my being

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Don't do your homework, its boring.

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 3:23 PM
-->
No one's forcing you to do your homework.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
-->
dont do ur homework
and dont do much else with your life rlli
feel yourself ease into the endless vortex of terror whenever ur relatives ask u about ur achievements at family gatherings
eat grease and raw salt
ur free and enlightened tho. free from the constratints of mundane every day banalities, and now u only reply in albert camus quotes no matter what kind of conversation ure having
die

:hearts::hearts:

Nebulous

Local time
-->
but guess who's planning the next mass murder?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 SCHOOL

Boom boom
--

Help me though I have to finish 60% of an entire English course in like 20 days and I'm just procrastinating help help help help me

cosmicflow

Intp female
Local time
-->
Go to the library , try some energy drinks but not too much

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Set a specific goal and tell a friend you will give them a certain amount of money if you fail. It ain't a pretty solution, but it works.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
oh gawd how much i hated to analize phrases and paragraphs and all that stuff, like this is the core and the adverb and the subparticle related to the proton. wtf was that.
somehow managed to skip all that bullcrap and pass all the exams without understanding anything at all of it.
do just the necessary, that's my advice ;D

Nebulous

Local time
-->
It's 1:45 in the morning and I'm up doing a fcking English project that has to be done before first period tomorrow. It's supposed to be a group project but somehow the most difficult part of it got heaped onto my shoulders! But it's worth a test grade so here I am!
Ahhhrrrrrggh!!

K I needed to come here and scream imma keep working

Btw yes I haven't been on here much at all recently and that's because I've been putting in a nice good effort to get my school shit done. I mean I'm still behind in a bunch of classes and I suck. But fck it I need to do shit in life and if i want to be able to study what i want and have the career i want then I've got to up my game and make up for the shit grades and attendance in my past. I have to make up for that and then do fantastic on top of it. Show colleges, and myself, that I'm badass and can do shit.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
When i cant do my homework i remind myself that there are children in other countries that would prostitute to be in a position half as good as mine. then i stop complaining about my "difficult" life and get shit done.
or lay on the floor having an anxiety attack ;)

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
Convince me to do my homework ... bet ya can't :rolleyes:

I'll take the bet to get you to re-think and/or re-frame what you presently REGARD `homework'.
What do I win if I do?

As another NY Boy -- I've read you post lamenting one-size-fits-all NYS common core horse shit -- I was prostrated on one-size-fits-all test beds in the form of NYS regents exams and the preaching that preceded them throughout the school year.

As an INTP who has had decades to recover from THAT trauma, here is what I'd have you KNOW:

The compartmentalization and over-specialization of as-if-DIFFERENT subjects and/or academic disciplines can engender schizoid fragmentation in an INTP's mind which wouldn't naturally occur as it does with _NTJ prone to discrete, fragmented compartmentalization by their naturally-occurring methods for dealing with complexity.

The `real' homework challenge is to resist compartmentalization and over-specialization WHILE finding the connections between what those presenting `content' would have you believe are dis-united, fragmented phenomena.

So ... as you're `doing' your as-assigned `homework' look for connections and ways of double- or triple-dipping.

== End of feeble, ineffectual attempt at `convincing'. ==

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
do 40-50% and piss on the other 50-55%.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
What do I win if I do?
You’ll’ve helped a kid w potential but an f-ed up attention span/ ability to actually do stuff
And I’ll be very thankful
If I get rich I’ll send you money or opossums
If I send you the latter please, please treat them well

As another NY Boy -- I've read you post lamenting one-size-fits-all NYS common core horse shit -- I was prostrated on one-size-fits-all test beds in the form of NYS regents exams and the preaching that preceded them throughout the school year.

As an INTP who has had decades to recover from THAT trauma, here is what I'd have you KNOW:

The compartmentalization and over-specialization of as-if-DIFFERENT subjects and/or academic disciplines can engender schizoid fragmentation in an INTP's mind which wouldn't naturally occur as it does with _NTJ prone to discrete, fragmented compartmentalization by their naturally-occurring methods for dealing with complexity.

The `real' homework challenge is to resist compartmentalization and over-specialization WHILE finding the connections between what those presenting `content' would have you believe are dis-united, fragmented phenomena.

So ... as you're `doing' your as-assigned `homework' look for connections and ways of double- or triple-dipping.

== End of feeble, ineffectual attempt at `convincing'. ==

Yo thank you so much
This is helpful shit.
Oof im going on a lil college tour this Friday- lookin into microbiology

Yess
What I take from all this is that in order for school to really click I’ve gotta put in outside effort
Like hey google that thing I’m learning about, find better perspectives on it, click some Wikipedia links and see what connects to what
I need to make a web or else things are more pointless
Gotta connect that shit together
See things
Yeah man I feel this thank you
It’s reasuring/ makes sense

.. I’ve been staring at my homework for two days straight, sitting all crouched up on my desk chair, uncomfortable, getting barely anything done

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I hate working in the library. I haven’t got a single thing done, and I’m too jumpy; I get slightly freaked out everytime a person walks by me. Don’ttt like that.
I didn’t do my part of a school project and the person who was rightfully pissed off at me is at the library too, and has been trying to burn a hole in my conscience with laser eyes for an hour.

I brought my high school GPA up to an impressive ... 2.79. It’s progress but gosh I want to do better

I’ve got a good amount of frustration and this fear I’m trying to push down that I’m not going to get into the places I want to go, things won’t go to plan. I had a nice, pretty little plan put together where I would do one year at an art centered school that I could commute to (I would kind of rather die than have to stay in a dorm and pay $10000 room and board). I just wanna do some art next year. I love art. I’m not taking it at school this year and it’s bittersweet but it really hurts. Damn
So art school and then transfer to another school to major in forest health. I have a hat, had my sights set.
Some months later and the glamour of a Park Ranger dream is diminishing faintly, it’s cold as hell out, I’m tired

I have...
- An animal physiology assignment about cnidarians (god I wish I had a hydrostatic skeleton. That would be the damn liiife.) late by 2 days
- English assignment that was due in class yesterday but my friend and I were researching scrap metal instead. Late by 1 day
- Economics project?? Was probably due Friday? I really like this class; I got like a 93 in it first quarter! Late
- English Quiz to make up by Friday. Don’t feel prepared still.
- Business math budget project on excel, late but that’s mainly the fault of computer issues
- another business math project on excel. Late but I can’t do it at home so
- business math worksheets due tomorrow in class.
- I think there was more an phys homework but I don’t k n o w
- I need a portfolio if I want to apply to any damn art class ever so I have to make portfolio worthy art pieces

-
Clearing my head here.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Good. That's a healthy way of dealing with this.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:23 PM
-->
@Nebulous did you ever get around to doing that 2 and a half year overdue homework?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:23 PM
-->
wow do ur homework or ill ban u imo

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
The school system is founded upon racist traditions, stuck in a European logical "right-wrong" ideology, understandably so. You can do fine in it to be a good citizen, no one said revolt. No one said it'd be easy, if there's no free will, things generally take effort or some intent to do something. It's easier after you definitively decide what you want to major in.

You don't really have to put so much thought into things. It's effort. Tell people what they want to hear. If you think you can see what's best for people, say it, to let them know and empower their individual toolkit. Anything else is beyond the scope of this post and your answers can be found elsewhere.

travelnjones

Local time
-->
One of the hardest lessons for me to learn was; Life isn't about finding reasons why you can't or don't have to do something, its about figuring out how you can. Anytime you find an excuse you cheat yourself out of growth.

Jump on the grenade not away from it.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Clean your room!

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
-->
No need to convince, you'll realise your mistakes when you end up unemployed, impoverished, frustrated with your life and wishing you could start over again, but you won't be able to. You'll have to settle for a life of making up after mistakes of your youth.

If you wish to get somewhere it requires similar consistency and effort as doing your homework, if you can't do it, it's likely you can't do other things.
When people take classes they only want to communicate with those who know all the answers for the sole reason they could get homework done faster, and have fun. That's where the nerds come in handy, after high school and usually during college, as the girls have no intention of dating them, and go after the jock type characters, until they realize they're the ones with potential to graduate with promises of high paying jobs and fulfilling careers.

And as they just copy answers and don't put in any grinding work, there's no real promise that in the end, they'll be the efficient ones for the job since they aren't really doing the work. If you're a couple, doing homework and studying together, or even taking a whole class together, can be an effective aphrodisiac.

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
Today 2:23 AM
-->
It's been two years and people are still answering? (No rude intentions)

Although I can see the perspective that even if it might not be helpful to the OP anymore it could be helpful to lurkers who should be doing homework.

Actually, when people post threads on this forum, they (generally) only intend to ask for an answer at that moment, don't they? You wouldn't expect to carry out a thread for some years unless it's the Random Thought Thread (or whatever, I forgot its name) and other similar types of threads.

Isn't this called necro-something or something? (Although I've just posted in this thread)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, on the topic of this thread...
No, I'm not going to convince you to do your homework. That's your own business. If you need someone to convince you to do your homework, what about working an actual job? You'd better learn to motivate yourself.

(Oh my, this attitude...)

baccheion

Local time
-->
The INTP approach isn't necessarily to not do homework, though there can be motivation issues. Rather, they do the bare minimum needed to get a satisfactory grade where there's no future/point. Weighing the time an assignment will take with its inherent value (ie, how much it affects the grade) and what else needs to be done creates perspective. More time/energy is put into more interesting or relevant classes.

Do the homework right then in class when they hand it to you.

When summer break hits, start on iodine protocol. And a multivitamin + D & K + chelated/TRAACS magnesium. It will likely increase motivation, stamina, and cognition, making it easier to chase desired targets.

Better grades equal more scholarships and admission to a better university, though neither plus would've motivated me. As revealed by the lawsuit against Harvard, when in doubt ENTJ is what higher ups after high school prefer.

If not going into medicine or engineering, college is a questionable prospect needing to be weighed. If going into the former options as a career, you need to excel technically and also be aware of what will be required to make it pass the filter.

ibaneeez

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:23 AM
-->
I vouch for doing the "bare minimum" as well, in case you struggle with motivation. It worked for me all the way to get a Masters degree :) Although now I'm sicerily wondering if my curiosity to stay in the school system didn't cost me an unnecessary amount of time spent there :/ I could be much more senior in what I'm doing now.

Sorry for the rant

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I’m actually on my last assignment of high school right now and need to get it done. I’ve spent so many hours the past week sitting at my desk staring at it and getting barely any done even though it’s extremely important for my grades. It’s horribly frustrating knowing I have to do something and not being able to do it because??? I’m still not sure why. I can’t get my brain in gear.
Just sat outside in the sun with my cat for a while, that helped.

baccheion

Local time
-->
I’m actually on my last assignment of high school right now and need to get it done. I’ve spent so many hours the past week sitting at my desk staring at it and getting barely any done even though it’s extremely important for my grades. It’s horribly frustrating knowing I have to do something and not being able to do it because??? I’m still not sure why. I can’t get my brain in gear.
Just sat outside in the sun with my cat for a while, that helped.
See the supplement recommendations I made above. Also:

• What do you have to do?
  • Why?
  • What do you need to make it happen?
  • Are you going to do it?
  • When?
Eliminating urgency is great. Have many things bouncing around in the back of your mind. What do you need to do? Think about the paper you need to write or anything else. Just say to yourself, "I need to write this paper about..." and leave it on your mind. After a while, it'll write itself and you'll get the urge to type it out.

Ne needs outside triggers. Talk online or out loud about it.

Sometimes I'd even get some prewritten paper online (copy/paste), but then write over it.

Meditate.

Hated high school. Endless work for no reason. Same as the little of life I saw afterward, especially the same b*tch trying to have it all happen again even where it wasn't.

Top Bottom