• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Covenant of Fire & Fiends

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 12:46
Map of Golarion

You're all aboard the airship "Lady Luck" as she flies between the farming towns of Edme and Isarn in the former kingdom of Galt, the forest of Boarwood blankets the earth below, you can see a tributary of the Sellen River a few miles to port (left) and the plains of Northern Galt on the starboard (right) horizon. As you sail the ship tilts forward and back every fifteen minutes or so while deckhands readjust the lines that control the sails and the captain gently prods the gas bag from the quarterdeck with a stave that looks suspiciously like a former mop handle.

The breeze is cool and fresh, the Cheliaxian guards are relaxed and jovially talking amongst themselves with their muskets on their backs and bayonets in their belts, the other passengers are milling about or relaxing in the traveler's lounge. The only thing breaking the neigh perfect peace is a couple of guards scolding an Ulfen man for the state of his companion's attire, a young blonde girl wearing only a sack (because there were no clothes in her inventory) while another sews something more appropriate out of cloth provided by a generous deckhand.

The Ulfen man is tall and muscular with long blond hair in a simple braid, he's wearing a dull green hooded cloak over typical traveler's attire, a sword rests in a scabbard at his waist and a longbow is belted to his back with a quiver of arrows. In juxtaposition to his youthful face his eyes are stern and his clothes are weathered, the unmistakable sound of chainmail can be heard when he moves, the girl is not a relative of his but trying to explain that would likely not got well.

An Oread monk in green/blue robes casually watches from nearby, he also has a longbow at his back and long braided hair except his hair is dark and his appearance although slightly exotic isn't attracting as much attention, likely due to his quite demeanor. Beside him sits a gnome with the girl's backpack and longbow which as far as any observer is concerned are ostensibly his since it would be strange for any girl to be seen carrying such things, let alone some sack wearing ragamuffin.

The gnome seems a little anxious, probably because his mount and lifelong best friend is in the inaccessible cargo hold below, although he still has his expertly crafted spear, chainmail shirt and assorted light weaponry on his belt. On most anyone else this would be concerning but it's is not uncommon for a gnome, not because they're a warlike race but rather like halflings being smaller than most means they have to take extra measures so as not to be seen as easy targets by bandits and whatnot.

You already know each other although nobody else on board knows that, the stern eyed human is Viktor, the apparently human girl is V'as, the oread monk is Innodiey and the mercenary looking gnome is Agrotsar. After an incident in Edme involving a slave market, some redcoat guards and more than a little spilled blood you all decided it was a good idea to leave on the first airship out before the bodies were found and the manhunt began. Beyond which side you'll pick in a fight you really don't know that much about each other but when you've gone and made an enemy of the world's largest nation and most powerful military maybe that's all that matters?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
By now the guards have grown tired of bothering the stoic Viktor and have gone back to talking amongst themselves as they wander the ship, ostensibly on patrol if only because they're in uniform and that's what they're supposed to be doing. Innodiey approaches V'as as the guard turned tailor continues his work with evident talent (Profession Check: 19+4), a cookie offered as a token of good will wins her trust and they converse at length in a stilted manner. (Diplomacy Check: Averted)

"What was that?"
"It's known as cookies, a popular treat among the townsfolk. You act like someone who knows what to do with their fists. Who trained you as a monk?"
"My master, Ch'lok, he taught me how to protect myself and how to wait for openings to quickly strike. He knows many things, though now he is old and cannot move as fast himself. But he taught me what I knew. He is very wise."
"You may call me Innodiey, can I call you V'as? I heard the others use that name. Do we have a plan? We just got involved in a pointless slaughter."
"Yes, I am V'as. you did a good thing by helping release those slaves. What they do here is so very cruel."
"Maybe, their fate wasn't mine to begin with. Slaves remain slaves until they stand up to their masters, then they can be saved."
"They cannot stand when they are chained to the floor, their muscles become weak, their strength wanes. At least now they have a chance to learn how to stand again. And one day perhaps they will."
"The heaviest shackles are in their mind, I'd hazard a guess they will become enslaved again, no matter, we can't change it. We are headed for Cheliax. I'm interested in learning about the situation here."
"I don't know. I just know we must try to help them. Maybe going to this Cheliax... we can do some good there... maybe if we stop the slavers at their source."
"For now, we should keep each other informed, wouldn't you think?"
"Informed?"
V'as keeps eyeing the pouch Innodiey took the cookie from.
"If any of us got into trouble. They would reveal what they know. I won't do that. Can I trust you?"
Asking this naive question Innodiey tries to judge her reaction.
"Oh, here."
With a faint smile Innodiey gives V'as the remaining cookies while looking blankly above her shoulder.
"Take them."
V'as grins and stuffs another cookie in her mouth, her eyes rolling up in her head slightly. She almost eats another, then with a lot of restraint slips them into a side pouch and sighs.
"You are a friend, Innodiey, and I am yours. You can always trust me. We are both trying to help these people."
"I won't. At least not at the moment. You may be right about people learning to resist after they've been freed, but do they want to be free? I see no resolve in these people. You can count on me, if you ignore my indecision here."
She sniffs at him.
"What manner of being are you? You are... 'different. Though a friend."
"My people are called the Oread, we are related to humans and to the earth dwellers."
She taps your arm with one long finger
"Earth dwellers"? Like the badger? Are you a burrower?"
V'as can feel tiny rocky shards, outgrowths under the monk's robe. She jumps back slightly.
"you are... like the ground itself! Not a badger at all"
"No, some of my men can float through rock or sand, much like in water"
Her eyes widen, she obviously has never seen what he is speaking of and the idea is odd to her. Then she remembers the cookies and relaxes. She knows he is a friend.
Seeing this reaction Innodiey tries to reassure.
"I may be the odd one but I didn't mean to scare you. You are one curious creature."
"Curious? I just like to know things."
She scampers around you, as if looking for oddities but sees nothing else immediately apparent. She sees slightly deformed angles of his body, the skeletal muscles on his back appear to have shifted for unknown reasons.

Now by himself, bored and restless Agrotsar first checks the knives in his belt and boot, still there and razor sharp. After noticing V'as staring at him questioningly he either misinterprets it or feigns not to have seen, retrieves the lute from his backpack and begins to play the butt soothing melody :D "The wind walks" (Perform Check: 11+4 = 1d10sp = 1). The performance goes well, the other passengers and guards loosely gather around the deck to listen in, the deckhands are a bit distracted too. Someone even flicks a single silver piece in his lap which although modest is still pretty good pay for about 3-4 minutes of work, meanwhile the captain watches from the quarterdeck with clear if indiscernible interest.

With all this going on Viktor manages to discreetly cast something by feigning whistling, readjusting his equipment and stretching his fingers, it's a bold move but everybody's relaxed and if anyone did see they're keeping it to themselves; if one were paying close attention they might notice a faint yellow glow in his eyes, but nobody's paying him any attention, let alone staring into his eyes.

With her conversation with Innodiey over Va's is now approached by the guard who was making her clothes, he gives them to her with a warm smile and looks to Viktor for affirmation. After an awkward moment he realizes what's going on and gives a nod, the guard takes her to the traveler's lounge at the back of the ship (under the quarterdeck) and opens the door to the cargo hold for her, a brass plate on it says "Staff Only" in authoritative font.

"Here you go miss there's a few animals down there but don't mind them, they're all boxed up, also I noticed you're a mischievous sort but stay away from the trapdoor too, believe me they're more trouble than they're worth... in fact just don't touch anything okay? Now get changed and come back up when you're ready, I want to check the fit and see how it looks on you, with the number of uniforms I've had to fix I'm worried I might have lost my knack with normal clothing, the wife will be mortified if I have." he finishes speaking with a cheeky grin at his wife's expense and leaves.

The dark grey tunic and light grey pants he made are surprisingly good, the stitching is strong, the fabric is soft, the fit's a bit short in the sleeves and it chaffs the tail a but they're minor niggles with an otherwise above average quality outfit, the only real problem with it is the upside down pentagram on the left side of the chest.

As Va's explores the cargo hold she finds the crew's personal possessions and hammocks, various stores (mostly food and daily necessities), some tools and materials used to maintain the ship. Two crates (with air holes) containing Argotsar's boar and Viktor's Tiger, the tiger isn't happy, the boar is snoring, these two facts may be related. A heavy looking iron chest with a sturdy iron lock, and a weapon racks with ten long swords and ten halberds strapped to it, they're a bit rusty but they'll work.

In the center of the hold a large trapdoor leads to the lower hold, the iron chest sits squarely upon it with nails at its edges to ensure it doesn't slide away (not that it appears likely to) a crude but undeniably effective locking mechanism, the prisoners below aren't making any noise.

Back on the main deck Innodiey explores, the entire ship is about sixty to seventy feet long, the main deck consisting of about a third of that, at the rear of the main deck is a set of currently open double doors leading into the traveler's lounge, either side of this are steep staircases leading up to the quarterdeck. On the quarterdeck stands the captain and one of the redcoat guards, discussing financial arrangements, there turns out to be less deckhands than it first seemed, only eight but they're constantly moving around adjusting the ropes that control the wing/sail masts.

From the quarterdeck there's a commanding view of the main deck and the surrounding landscape, five guards are near Agrotsar, three by the left side railing, two by the right, there's seven other passengers on the main deck. In the traveler's lounge there's four more, of all the passengers only three are well dressed and armed, a young lady & gentleman in fashionable if impractical Cheliaxian attire (Satanic Victorian style) and an old man with a short white beard and long white hair. The lady and gentleman are armed with single shot pistols, the gentleman has a dagger strapped to his arm as well but that seems mainly for show, the older man has wands under his coat (at least three) and a Cheliaxian magic user's license tattoo.

There's two doors in the traveler's lounge that have brass plates on them saying "Staff Only" in very authoritative font, it's a given assumption that the stairs that go down to the hold go under the stairs that lead up to the quarterdeck, V'as would even have seen the underside of those stairs in the stairwell.

Agrotsar
Agrotsar sits quite unrestly against a barrel near the middle sail of the ship. He does not like being apart from his boar to long. To calm his mind to checks up on all his knives around his belt and the one in his boot. For as his father always said. You can never have too many knives and make sure they are sharpened to slice a rock. After a firm check he glances around and notices V looking questionly into his direction. Thinking not much of it he takes out his lute and begins to play a soft butt soothing traveling melody called 'The wind walks' [Perhaps a guard or two starts to listen admirably?]

Viktor
Viktor is standing in the corner and observing events unfold in the room. As V'as makes a commotion running from side to side, he waves his hands and mutters something briefly before quickly folding his arms across his chest again and returning to his alert but non-threatening disposition.

V'as
V'as watches as Agrotsar check his knives and notes where they all are.

When the gnome starts to play, V'as seems fascinated by his fingers moving intricately over the strings, and she will circle all about him, watching his fingers and swaying a bit to the music, smiling.

Eventually she gets bored. V'as scampers around the deck looking over the edge in wonder, as if she's never been on an airship before. "Look at that, all the trees and buildings look so tiny!" she exclaims, pointing. She scurries in front of one of the guards, cutting him off, to run to the other side of the ship to see what else she might have missed.

But from there she can hear the noise from the captive pen and her face falls a bit, before hardening slightly. She looks back at her companions, questioningly.

At this point, Innodiey approaches her and they have a conversation.
V'as sniffs the cookie curiously, nibbles at one bit suspiciously, then her face breaks out in a huge smile and she gobbles it all down leaving crumbs on her clothes.
She's never had a cookie before.
V'as: "What was that?"

Innodiey: "It's known as "cookies", a popular treat among the townsfolk.
You act like someone who knows what to do with their fists.
Who trained you as a monk?"

"My master, Ch'lok, he taught me how to protect myself and how to wait for openings to quickly strike.
He knows many things, though now he is old and cannot move as fast himself. But he taught me what I knew. He is very wise."

"You may call me Innodiey, can I call you V'as? I heard the others use that name.
Do we have a plan? We just got involved in a pointless slaughter."

"Yes, I am V'as. you did a good thing by helping release those slaves.
What they do here is so very cruel."

"Maybe, their fate wasn't mine to begin with. Slaves remain slaves until they stand up to their masters, then they can be saved."

"They cannot stand when they are chained to the floor, their muscles become weak, their strength wanes.
At least now they have a chance to learn how to stand again. And one day perhaps they will."

"The heaviest shackles are in their mind, I'd hazard a guess they will become enslaved again, no matter, we can't change it.
We are headed for Cheliax.
I'm interested in learning about the situation here."

"I don't know. I just know we must try to help them. Maybe going to this Cheliax... we can do some good there... maybe if we stop the slavers at their source."

"Informed?"
V'as keeps eyeing the pouch you took the cookie from.

"If any of us got into trouble.
they would reveal what they know.
I won't do that. Can I trust you?"
"Oh, here."
With a faint smile Innodiey gives V'as the remaining cookies while looking blankly above her shoulder.
"Take them."

V'as grins and stuffs another cookie in her mouth, her eyes rolling up in her head slightly.
She almost eats another, then with a lot of restraint slips them into a side pouch and sighs.
"You are a friend, Innodiey, and I am yours. You can always trust me.
We are both trying to help these people."

"I won't. At least not at the moment. You may be right about people learning to resist after they've been freed, but do they want to be free?
I see no resolve in these people. You can count on me, if you ignore my indecision here."

She sniffs at you.

"My people are called the Oread, we are related to humans and to the earth dwellers."

"earth dwellers"?
like the badger?
are you a burrower?"

V'as can feel tiny rocky shards, outgrowths under the monk's robe.
She jumps back slightly.
"you are... like the ground itself! not a badger at all"

Her eyes widen, she obviously has never seen what he is speaking of and the idea is odd to her.
Then she remembers the cookies and relaxes.
She knows he is a friend.

"I may be the odd one but I didn't mean to scare you. You are one curious creature."

She scampers around you, as if looking for oddities but sees nothing else immediately apparent.
She sees slightly deformed angles of his body, the skeletal muscles on his back appear to have shifted for unknown reasons.
After this conversation and her clothes are done, V'as asks for a private place to change. Then once she is sure she's alone, she'll toss on the clothes and then explore the hold in human guise and Stealth mode. She is also looking for active ways to release the prisoners -- levers, keys, etc. She won't do or take anything (well, unless it's REALLY really easy to do), she's just casing the place so the group knows what options are available. She also figures out where the 'big kitty' is, if she can.

If she gets caught, she'll just pretend she was lost and 'wants to find her daddy.'

Innodiey
Innodiey looks at his newly found friends. He remembers V'as standing up to the soldiers, evading a blow and delivering two of her own, evading and hitting three. Lightning fast.
Some of her forms similar to what he'd seen practising at the monastery by the woods.
He decided they had enough in common to ask and approached V'as offering her a cookie as a good token.

V'as sniffs the cookie curiously, nibbles at one bit suspiciously, then her face breaks out in a huge smile and she gobbles it all down leaving crumbs on her clothes.
She's never had a cookie before.
V'as: "What was that?"

Innodiey: "It's known as "cookies", a popular treat among the townsfolk.
You act like someone who knows what to do with their fists.
Who trained you as a monk?"

"My master, Ch'lok, he taught me how to protect myself and how to wait for openings to quickly strike.
He knows many things, though now he is old and cannot move as fast himself. But he taught me what I knew. He is very wise."

"You may call me Innodiey, can I call you V'as? I heard the others use that name.
Do we have a plan? We just got involved in a pointless slaughter."

"Yes, I am V'as. you did a good thing by helping release those slaves.
What they do here is so very cruel."

"They cannot stand when they are chained to the floor, their muscles become weak, their strength wanes.
At least now they have a chance to learn how to stand again. And one day perhaps they will."

"The heaviest shackles are in their mind, I'd hazard a guess they will become enslaved again, no matter, we can't change it.
We are headed for Cheliax.
I'm interested in learning about the situation here."

"Informed?"
V'as keeps eyeing the pouch you took the cookie from.

"If any of us got into trouble.
they would reveal what they know.
I won't do that. Can I trust you?"
"Oh, here."
"Take them."

V'as grins and stuffs another cookie in her mouth, her eyes rolling up in her head slightly.
She almost eats another, then with a lot of restraint slips them into a side pouch and sighs.
"You are a friend, Innodiey, and I am yours. You can always trust me.
We are both trying to help these people."

"I won't. At least not at the moment. You may be right about people learning to resist after they've been freed, but do they want to be free?
I see no resolve in these people. You can count on me, if you ignore my indecision here."

She sniffs at you.

"earth dwellers"?
like the badger?
are you a burrower?"

V'as can feel tiny rocky shards, outgrowths under the monk's robe.
She jumps back slightly.
"you are... like the ground itself! not a badger at all"

Her eyes widen, she obviously has never seen what he is speaking of and the idea is odd to her.
Then she remembers the cookies and relaxes.
She knows he is a friend.

She scampers around you, as if looking for oddities but sees nothing else immediately apparent.
She sees slightly deformed angles of his body, the skeletal muscles on his back appear to have shifted for unknown reasons.
After briefly discussing their plans, the conversation ended with V'as retreating to scout.

Innodiey thought it was a good opportunity to learn the ship's layout, estimate the number of people on board and who were they. To do this, he walked around the main deck, then he moved to the quarter deck, remembering all the important details; people, stairs, distances, sizes in steps and directions. Although it was his first flight, he wasn't fazed. As usual, his demeanour was watchful and composed.

DM's Advice
Please keep turns short and have conversations in a more typical forum style, certain NPCs you meet will monologue to you which as far as anyone in this world is concerned perfectly normal, likewise you can tell your life story to an NPC or another player and there's nothing odd about that either.

Natural conversation isn't necessary, indeed it takes too much time and player co-operation, not to mention it's a headache for me because it takes over the course of events for a while because nothing can happen that might interrupt your conversation.

Still kudos for good roleplay :D

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
After getting hastily dressed and slipping some dried meat to the boxed tiger to calm it down Va's inspects the chest, it doesn't appear to be trapped (Perception Check: 18) and sees that the chest can be moved if it can be lifted over the nails. Not liking her chances of lifting it herself she lowers her head to the floor and listens to the prisoners below (Perception Check: 16), murmuring can be heard but not well enough to understand it, the voices sound like a mix of human, elven and gnome.

Satisfied that there's nothing more she can do here Va's heads back upstairs, meanwhile Viktor and Agrostar Innodiey have been discussing their plans and decided to begin with interviewing the captain while Agrotsar continues to keep most of the guards occupied.

As Viktor and Innodiey approach the guard who was talking to the captain leaves with "I don't need your consent, I expect your compliance" as his parting words, the captain doesn't look happy about it but doesn't argue either.

"What do you think of the prisoner situation?" Viktor asks.

"I'd prefer passengers, they pay more, but where are my manners the name's Nicholas Jones though my crew call me Nick the prick, there's a whole song that goes with it but the ladies might hear. Transporting cargo is my trade, usually fine food for the discerning but alas since these redcoats have shown up I've done nothing but ferry them around and the bastards won't even pay for filling my hold with their scum. I understand the need to requisition an airship every now and then but why mine and why don't they bloody pay properly, kinda makes you miss those hell knight fellas, oh sure they're scary but honorable y'know?".

Nick grins devilishly at some notion.
"If we pick up one of them at Isam this lot will get sorted out, mark my words hell knights pay their debts and they make everyone else pay theirs too, even if I don't see a copper it'd be worth it to watch that reddie bugger's ass get handed to him".

"What else do you do?" Viktor asks.

"Hmm?" Nick looks Viktor and Innodiey over with an appraising eye, "Well for the glitter of gold I do most anything and you two seem like the adventuring sort. I'll tell you what if you can pay and you need help going somewhere send me a letter. This old bird don't look like much but she can go places that others can't and we've got a deep hold, I'd love to fill it with more than fine food one day."

Back on deck the kindly guard gives Va's his half-hearted approval, mumbles something about sleeve cuffs but she's already off to see what's happening with the other above. Having left the captain to his job the three share what they've seen and heard with each other as on the deck below Agrotsar's music continues and the silver accumulates (1d10sp = 7sp).

Viktor
Viktor starts conversation with the captain by asking how the ship works and asking various questions about what the captain does apart from steer airships. After that he asks, "what do you think of the prisoner situation?"

He waits for the response before doing anything else.

V'as
V'as changes clothes. She's a little uncomfortable with the pentagram on her outfit but thinks she must just endure it for right now. V'as takes any dried meat she might find in the stores and slips a bit to Snowy through the air holes, to help him feel better (taking care to watch her fingers).

She looks for traps around the chest or in the lock [Perception check], but she doesn't try to open anything. She inspects the nails to see if the chest can just be lifted out or if the nails must be pried back. She also puts her ear against the floor near the trapdoor to see if she hears anything more from the prisoners.

If there is nothing else to be seen, she will go back upstairs to let the guard inspect her uniform, then quietly share what she knows with her companions and learn what they have found out.

Innodiey
After briefly discussing his findings with Viktor and Agrostar Innodiey decided to accompany the inquisitor on his way to the quarterdeck to meet the captain. All the while thinking how to persuade the man to let his friends use him as a hostage in the upcoming crisis.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
The captain silently hears out Viktor's speech and ponders it for a moment.
"Hmm, I don't doubt your capabilities or those your rocky friend there and I would like to get back to actually doing business proper, however there's a few factors you haven't considered. First off all this old bird don't do freefall with her wings out, she'll tumble and then we're all up in the air and I won't be able to bring us out of it. Now if you want to take me stave and give it a go regardless well I'm gonna hold tight to the rigging and I suggest you do the same, but I'm sure you realize you're going to kill everyone on deck that fails to stay on board."

While this conversation is taking place Viktor casts invisibility on Innodiey who proceeds towards the cargo hold unseen (I'm not even going to roll for it, I don't consider a 1 automatic failure and that's the only result that could be of any significance).

Captian Jones continues after grabbing on to a rope for reassurance "Which brings me to my second point, if you be the kind of killing everyone on deck sort of fella why should I believe that you're not just going to kill me too and take the ship for yourself?

After successfully convincing the now befuddled tailor that she needs to access the hold again Va's finds herself held back for a moment as Innodiey takes the opportunity to slip past before she is able to enter herself, the guard who opened the door for her noticed nothing unusual.

Once inside Innodiey looses the crates upon which the tiger immediately frees itself, then rubs against him and purrs, Va's gets a lick too, meanwhile the boar continues snoring in a stereotypically comedic fashion.
*SNNOOOORK-weweweweee*

Viktor
Viktor tells the captain that he hypothetically knows someone who hates the Chelish as well and that, hypothetically he thinks they'd be happy to re-acquisition his airship for the captain. Hypothetically.

If the captain were to hypothetically stage a disaster, like say, causing the ship to freefall for a while - Viktor's hypothetical friend might be able to convince the Chelish officers to go down to the cargo hold because it's the "safest" place and their only chance of surviving the impending crash.

There might also be a hypothetical "accident" involving a tiger and a faulty cage mechanism in the cargo hold.

"All hypothetically of course." Says Viktor with a wink as he jingles his purse.
"You'd have hypothetical control over your airship once again too..." He lets the words hang in the air.

Viktor now turns to Innodiey and casts Invisibility on him.

"See. Hypothetical. If it all goes wrong just say you didn't even see who did it. You wouldn't even be lying."

Va's
V'as shifts her disguise so that part of her outfit is on backwards and asks to go change it quickly in the hold and thanks the nice man for letting her do that.

If that fails, I guess she'll go up on the top deck to see what's going on with the Captain.

Innodiey
Immediately after he found himself under the guise of invisibility, Innodiey began his unobtrusive descent into the cargo hold, averting detection was vital at that time, to achieve this, he patiently moved out of the way of remaining passengers to prevent direct contact. [Stealth +30]
Finding himself at the entrance, he pushed the door mutely so as not to draw any undesired attention, especially that of the guards or Chelax officials present on board.
In the hold, making sure he was alone, he pulled out his sword,
-"more of a souvenir from the monastery than substantial utility" he thought, and proceeded to opening animal crates which belong to his companions, so that the critters can open their crates anytime they want. Having successfully dealt with that, Innodiey decides to find V'as and maybe aid her in improving the prisoner situation.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Innodiey comes closer to the chest, looks for any traps and reassured by V'as he takes out his set of picks and sticks and quickly works on the lock. Without any traps and other practically unpleasant surprises, the chest swings open revealing:
Inside there's a large leather bound tome, five decent sized rocks (to make the chest heavy), a mummified hand on a golden chain and a dagger. The dagger has a wavy blade, the blade, hand-guard and pommel are comprised of an iridescent dark grey metal, the handle appears to be ivory or bone that's been masterfully sculpted to depict two lovers intertwined, from the right angle you can see no detail has been omitted, there's a red gemstone in the pommel about an inch wide.
Innodiey relays his plans to V'as and then to the smart beasts asking them if they can pretend to riot and be loud to have bad people come and scold them.
"But don't worry, I won't let them put you to these uncomfy crates again".

Viktor speaking to the captain "You're right that we're capable of doing what I say. We're hardly evil though and I can't speak for the others but I have no real desire to kill anyone." He paused in thought for a moment before adding, "unless they give me reason to. So far you've done nothing but be helpful, so relax." He let the words sink in for a moment before continuing.

"Now tell me. Is there any other way we can give the Chelaxians a little scare?" reaching into the folds of his cloak Viktor produces a small handful of gold coins (5gp), "If not, I'll be on my way and bother you no further."

Meanwhile Agrotsar bows to his audience and asks if they have any requests but they politely shy away, there's an old saying in Galt that goes "the first is always free", only a sucker would ask for second song and expect it to also be free, many an unwary traveler has been conned this way, paying the con artist to avoid being embroiled in an embarrassing scene.

With no requests forthcoming he packs up his lute and heads into the lounge looking for a bite to eat, there's unfortunately nothing to be had, although a well dressed young woman beckons him over. A similarly aged and likewise well dressed young man stands beside her, his smile is also welcoming, the elder man accompanying the both of them casually casts detect magic, his license tattoo glows as he does.

Immediately the old man seems to forget the gnome is there, with faintly blue glowing eyes he stares at the deck behind Agrotsar, his expression isn't one of alarm but rather surprise and concern.

As if on cue shouting and clanging of metal on metal comes from the cargo hold, below deck Innodiey tries to convince the animals to do something, anything (Innodiey has no ranks in handle animal) so they stealthily and hastily raid the fruit and meat stores like children left alone with a cookie jar. Meanwhile an undisguised Va's pats the tiger, leaps onto a crate and stealthily ducks behind it, there's a wet cracking sound and brine puddles around her feet, evidently Snowy found the salted ham.

Still invisible (which probably didn't help) Innodiey readies his bow, discards all the unnecessary equipment and stills his mind for battle reciting a chant sewn with seemingly flawed grandiloquent tone, then hides as far away from the upward stairs as possible.

"Not to associate with fools, to associate with the wise, and to honour those who are worthy of honour is the highest blessing.
To reside in a suitable locality, to have done meritorious actions in the past, and to set oneself in the right course is the highest blessing.
Learning, perfect handicraft, a highly trained discipline, and pleasant speech is the highest blessing.".

Back on the quarterdeck Nick pushes the handful of gold back "Another time kid, I reckon I know what this is about now and by the sound of things its already begun, look I'm just a simple businessman so I don't take sides but I have no love for the empire either, just don't hurt my crew okay?".

Agrostar
Agrotsar finishes his songs, and for the first time he looks up noticing the small yet dedicated crowd. Being as focused as he was he completely unaware of his surroundings. He makes a small bow that more resembles a nod, and asks if there are any requests he should play. ((If he does not know the song, he will ask again. ((If no requests or all requests he does not know: He will pack his lute back into its case his mind still quite not at ease due to his boar not being near him he decides to grab a quick bite at the deck Lounge. There he might have a chat if anybody initiates such.

Viktor
Viktor needed to think about what the captain had said. He hadn't realised this particular airship was so...archaic. Killing a dozen civilians here would have served no real purpose, even if the tumble would have been an effective distraction for staging a takeover.

Viktor decided it'd be best to give the captain some reassurance first. "You're right that we're capable of doing what I say. We're hardly evil though and I can't speak for the others but I have no real desire to kill anyone." He paused in thought for a moment before adding, "unless they give me reason to. So far you've done nothing but be helpful, so relax." He let the words sink in for a moment before continuing.

"Now tell me. Is there any other way we can give the Chelaxians a little scare?" Viktor reaches into the folds of his cloak and produces a small handful of gold coins (5gp), "If not, I'll be on my way and bother you no further."

Va's
After Innodeiy speaks to the animals, V'as furrows her brow a moment, her clothes and form change so now she appears a monkey-like humanoid with golden soft fur, although her inquisitive eyes and fingers still look remarkably like her human self. Her tail swishes lazily around one side of her calves then the other as she gazes around the room a last time with her standard expression of gentle curiousity.

Then, with a final friendly pat to the giant kitty, she takes a light leap and lands atop the nearest crate, then slips down behind it. [stealth +12, acrobatics +11/+15 to jump]

Innodiey
Innodiey tells the animals to just play around, make a lot of noise and demolish whatever they like, including the doors leading upstairs. That Tiger probably wants to scratch any piece of wood anyway, so he just allows him to do as he pleases with the door.

Innodiey shouts something unintelligible and smashes his cooking pot to add to the commotion. But then prepares his bow and feels slightly idiotic.

Top Bottom