• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

creative potential

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 3:27 PM
-->
Do you think it would be easier to have an original idea/ invention if you live in a time with very little knowledge and lots of possibilities, or a time with lots of knowledge to build on but less possibilities?

If you live in a time with much less knowledge you will have mental barriers, things that have never even been considered.

(I was kind of thinking of big ideas not just small stuff)

i'm bored so if you feel this is fluff delete it.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Im sorry i didnt mean to put this into the philosophy. It was meant to be in the fun section.

k9b4

Banned
Local time
Tomorrow 5:57 AM
-->
Yes I think that it would be easier to discover the undiscovered if there are more things to discover.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
I think Absurdity's and your thread are in the same vein.

I don't agree that innovation or inventions would be stopping any time soon, but philosophically speaking there's probably at least 10 people thinking of some creative idea that you have yourself. That doesn't mean you would all implement it the same however.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
Sorry i havent been on the forum much, im so dumb i actually read some of that thread and forgot. this one should probably be deleted. Yes K9 but you have to consider that you will be making a bigger leap if you go off less, making it more difficult.

Elsaka

Redshirt
Local time
Tomorrow 8:27 AM
-->
If you throw me in a white empty blank world it would be easier and more entertaining to paint it with new colorful creative ideas using my tireless thoughts. In the other hand if you are thrown in a world which is vividly colured with every possible frequency, It would be difficult to invent new colors. However this will not stop me trying.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
and you plan to come up with these painting ideas how? if you were in a different world, painting wouldnt even be a known thing to you. the idea of the thread was that you wouldnt have the knowledge you already do.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
Today 1:27 PM
-->
The problem is that there are plenty of things to discover. We just haven't discovered them, so we don't know yet.

People in the long long ago, thought they knew all that was worth knowing, or all there was to know. Without the knowledge of the wheel, people had it harder. Without the knowledge of an arch, architecture would be more plain.

To give up on discovering the universe, because it's too hard, is like giving up on pooping when you are constipated. It might take some extra pushing and the technology of laxatives, but you'll get that turd out.

Now, go forth, and build a spaceship that can go to a blackhole, and fly into it. Discover the universe!

Captain my captain!

Top Bottom