• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Deep, Intellectual Conversation

how depth is your intelligenst?

• Total voters

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 7:38 PM
-->
x4no7x3t4xk21.jpg

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
The Mariana Trench or Marianas Trench[1] is located in the western Pacific Ocean about 200 kilometres (124 mi) east of the Mariana Islands, and has the deepest natural trench in the world. It is a crescent-shaped trough in the Earth's crust averaging about 2,550 km (1,580 mi) long and 69 km (43 mi) wide. The maximum known depth is 10,984 metres (36,037 ft) (± 25 metres [82 ft]) at the southern end of a small slot-shaped valley in its floor known as the Challenger Deep.[2] However, some unrepeated measurements place the deepest portion at 11,034 metres (36,201 ft).[3] By comparison: if Mount Everest were placed into the trench at this point, its peak would still be over two kilometres (1.2 mi) under water.[a]

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
The Challenger Deep is the deepest known point in the Earth's seabed hydrosphere (the oceans), with a depth of 10,898 to 10,928 m (35,755 to 35,853 ft) by direct measurement from submersibles and slightly more by sonar bathymetry. It is located in the Pacific Ocean, at the southern end of the Mariana Trench near the Mariana Islands group. The Challenger Deep is a relatively small slot-shaped depression in the bottom of a considerably larger crescent-shaped oceanic trench, which itself is an unusually deep feature in the ocean floor. The Challenger Deep's bottom is about 11 km (7 mi) long and 1.6 km (1 mi) wide, with gently sloping sides.[1] The closest land to the Challenger Deep is Fais Island (one of the outer islands of Yap), 287 km (178 mi) southwest, and Guam, 304 km (189 mi) to the northeast. It is located in the ocean territory of the Federated States of Micronesia, 1.6 km (1 mi) from its border with ocean territory associated with Guam.[2]

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
that's not even a word

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
excellenthst've

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:38 PM
-->
Hutch abdominal masseuse of language, ewe shooed bee ass-maimed.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:38 AM
-->
Depth Street.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Today 8:38 AM
-->
I am like freaking Nemo. I go in places with my Nautilus no one has ever seen.
My brain is eternally deep, its infact so deep its deeper than the universe. I go so deep that at this point I am deep in Gods vagina. No scratch that. I am so deep that I am deeper than the shit God has pooped and has been falling in eternal nothingness down into poopy abyss. I some INTPs might think its not deep enough, but damn how do you get any deeper than that. I mean I can clearly see the Gods shit from the bottom.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:38 AM
-->
Is the universe flat?

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:38 AM
-->

Tenacity

More than methods to the madness
Local time
Today 4:38 AM
-->
Uh... Hi.

Guess no one brought the booze.

...Doesn't like the whole internet have the expectation that we're supposed to be generating novel ideas by the microsecond? (Or is that something we're aware we end up doing but it frankly doesn't matter to non NTs?)

Oh, right, we don't conversate about ideas on someone else's terms shrug

Tenacity

Local time
-->
Could really use some digital booze right now.

My body is composed of sparkling water, nut-derived milks, and sobriety of dry gin.

So, I'm as deep as the lost souls of the American Dream.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Uh... Hi.

Guess no one brought the booze.
Heh. Bottle of voddie would do it.

...Doesn't like the whole internet have the expectation that we're supposed to be generating novel ideas by the microsecond?
That's what the internet is supposed to be like.

But considering that Frankie Boyle pointed out a Korean bodypopping got more hits on Youtube than Saddam Hussein's execution, I think we have a good idea of what most internet viewers are watching and thinking about.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->

Tenacity

Local time
-->
@scorpiomover Thx. V cool. Forgot to mention I don't drink beer, but I'll drink most of it anyways. Wonder if a quiz exists that makes booze-MBTI associations. I'm clearly caffeinated whiskey neat.

Did anyone else think ZenRaiden's response on Nemo was almost terrifying
Does not compute

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:38 AM
-->
It's an inverted cone in time. It is flat in the section that sits in our time.

Why isn't it more like an hourglass?

http://visualrelativity.com/LIGHTCONE/minkowski.html

A negative of something cannot exist physically. Just because math can show something doesn't mean it is an actual representation of something that exists in physics. It's still just language. It is just an abstract representation to help us understand a piece of reality. It isn't a direct representation of reality.

Top Bottom