• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Did you game your myPersonality INTP test?

Did you game your INTP Test?

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Maybe I did/ not sure

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Durja

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 7:55 PM
-->
http://www.mypersonality.info/

When I took this INTP test, the knowledge that I could broadcast my exact INTP-ness had me thinking a couple of times how an answer to a question might affect how much of an INTP I (superficially) was. At times I was tempted to view the test as an intellectual challenge to ferret out the most INTP answers. Ultimately, I chose the answer that best described me and not what I thought would affect my score. Did anyone else taking this test have a similar thought? Did it affect your choices while taking the test?

While taking the test, did you intentionally choose answers that would make you the strongest possible INTP? :confused:

DynamicMind

Local time
Yesterday 10:55 PM
-->
I definitely had thoughts about doing so, and spent a lot of time on each question trying to decide whether I was answering according to a stereotype or according to my own personality, but in the end I think I answered them all pretty much truthfully.

I hate tests that I know how to manipulate...I have expend way too much energy answering honestly.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
I got very extreme percentages (like 100% one way) as you can see, but I don't think it's untruthful. I'm the most introverted person that I know, and I'm way more intuitive than I am sensing. And like most INTPs, I'm the world's biggest procrastinator, and I'm rarely ever organised.

As for the multiple intelligences thing, I answered that truthfully too. I'm really into music, and strategic games, and reading is one of my favourite things to do.

I think it's about the specific questions. In some tests, I know what the question is really trying to determine, but if I go by the exact wording, the result would be the opposite. I usually don't go by the exact wording, which would contribute to extreme results.

mikal

Local time
Today 4:55 AM
-->
For few last days I doubted in my thinking side. thought, maybe I was more F type, cause I'm very emotional and everything. So I took the test once more. Turned out that I'm definitively INTP. maybe it's because I don't have ability to empathize with others so much..I don't know. There was a lot of questions about that.
But I can say I was really honest with my answers.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:55 PM
-->
At the time I did the test the first time I didn't know anything about MBTI, so at least that one was innocently made. After getting INTP and reading the description I had no doubt that it was my type, then I read more about MBTI. The subsequent tests could have been biased, I'm not really sure, but I tend to pay more attention to the descriptions than the tests ( it would be different if it was an official MBTI one).

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
When I first took that test, I simply assumed I was an INTP and answered accordingly. However, the last time I took the test, I tried to answer as truthfully as possible, going past the INTP stereotype I was giving myself. I ended up discovering that I'm pretty close to being an INFP, which was very interesting and explained a lot about myself and how I tend to act/react.

My signature used to show with hardly any feeling at all, since I was kind of denying myself emotion because of bad experiences with it in the past. Now I'm starting to get over that, getting over the INTP thing. I still am one, but it's a more accurate representation of me.

Local time
Today 3:55 AM
-->
Everyone knows that it's the 'thing' to be INTJ or INTP. Therefore, people manipulate their results to be a member of this 'thing'.

Yozuki

Local time
Yesterday 9:55 PM
-->
I learned through MBTI just what it means to be introverted and an analyzer. As it turns out, I am not them. I use them for different purposes. My answers and feelings for them have changed accordingly.

lucazin

Local time
-->
As well as Dissident, the first time I took the test I didn't know anything about the MBTI personalities and I scored INTP after that the other 25 times I took the test I know pretty well about all personalities scoring always as an INTP but the percentages changed considerably from test to test, just the Intuitive that have kept as my strong preference.

chocolate

Local time
-->
Everyone knows that it's the 'thing' to be INTJ or INTP. Therefore, people manipulate their results to be a member of this 'thing'.

I thought the 'thing' was to be ENTP, that's why I deliberately chose all the sociable answers. I am so out of the loop.

Oh, good question btw, I often wonder, if after I figured out my type (which was done through reflection, not tests), I automatically pick the ones that will fit...I think I do because when I do different sorts of tests (like the eight functions test or the big 5), I don't get such perfectly convenient/consistent results.

Local time
-->
I thought the 'thing' was to be ENTP, that's why I deliberately chose all the sociable answers. I am so out of the loop.

Oh, good question btw, I often wonder, if after I figured out my type (which was done through reflection, not tests), I automatically pick the ones that will fit...I think I do because when I do different sorts of tests (like the eight functions test or the big 5), I don't get such perfectly convenient/consistent results.

Let's argue that environment defines the 'thing' next. Heh.

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:55 PM
-->
I read the description of an INTP and went "yes, that's me!", so I was already resigned to the fact that I was an INTP and this may have affected my result. Since taking the test though and joining this forum though, I've wondered if I'm acting up to the label - by doing this, am I accepting my fate as an INTP, or just living up to a stereotype? Reading the description for INFP, that could easily be me, but perhaps I'm just an INTP with a strong Fe shadow.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Gasp... I.... I'm appalled at the crass insinuation in the title!

...Well, at this point, it's kind of hard NOT to game these basic-level tests. We've already seen the questions zillions of times, and we know the outcome.

But no, I try to not game it.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
My counselor gave me the Mbti before I enen knew what it was. He said I tested INTP and so I thought, "well, what the hell is that?" So I did some research and thought, "Oh yeah I guess that makes sense".

I did take the myPersonality test, but I was very mindful of not gaming it. I'm pretty sure there are people who read a profile and like the idea of being a certain type or perhaps they think it fits, but there are better fits out there. Those people are probably more likely to game it.

I think some of them have milled around here on occassion, not naming any names or anything.

Oh, and where the hell is Decaf? I see him lurking, but no posts. Where are the Decaf posts? I wait and I wait and still no Decaf. No one is here explaining this shit to us anymore. We are all like untethered baloons, just floating around in our INTPness without him.

(and I think he owes me money, but I'm not sure.)

Red Mage

Local time
-->
I don't want to one thing or another. I've taken it multiple times and each time I actually try to answer as honest as possible. The questions are very obvious, and I know exactly what each answer means when taking the test, so I have an inkling of what type it's going to tell me, but I don't try to get any specific result. That would defeat the purpose.

@NoID10ts: You should write a play about Waiting for Decaf.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
No, I was careful not to game it. Whenever I caught myself thinking about what the question was trying to determine, I thought about angst and other F-y things to screw up my logic and stop myself from thinking clearly. I do, though, doubt the accuracy of the multiple intelligences test. I don't think multiple-choice/click-the-buttons is the right way to test those: if you want an accurate result, you probably have to do it in person, not through a browser, and be tested for each individually.

Top Bottom