• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 8:17 PM
-->
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The tactical game that isn't.

I'm struggling with this game, the writing is fantastic, the world is interesting and the gameplay is fun up to a point...

That point being, why can normal saltwater crocodiles teleport?
Why do they have a ranged attack that creates a puddle of oil?

The frogs in the caves near Fort Joy can also teleport and have a ranged attack that creates puddles of poison, flammable puddles of poison.

There was some sort of ghost guy on the beach who wiped my party because none of the special attacks did anything to him until his magical and physical armor were beaten down.

How is this tactical?
I can't put status effects on my enemies until I'm already winning the fight, I can't protect my ranged/casting part members because the enemies can teleport, furthermore doing stuff to the terrain hinders me more than my enemies because again THEY CAN ALL FREAKING TELEPORT!

It pisses me off that the advice online is "play in explorer mode", fuck that I don't want to play a game with nerfed combat so it's easy to win, I want to know what I'm doing wrong or better yet why every enemy has the bullshit ability to teleport when none of my guys can.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It seriously baffles me why a game where the tactical element is positioning is designed so that re-positioning my characters wastes my turn because the frogs will use the exact same poison puddle attack next turn, effectively forcing me to leave my characters standing in poison if I want to fight back and the moment one of them uses a fire attack that touches the ever growing field of poison they're all engulfed in flame too.

Meanwhile any status effect I put on the enemy's position is immediately negated by them teleporting away.

What do the enemies later in the game do, nuke me from orbit?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 4:47 PM
-->
IIRC the first one made area denial far too powerful. I struggled using a warrior class, but as soon as I had wizards walling people out it was a walk in the park.

Maybe it's a heavy-handed adjustment to previous imbalances? Sounds frustrating.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 2:17 AM
-->
I tried getting into the first one because its supposed to be fantastic. I just can't get into it tho. Possibly because its a little too high fantasy for me *shrug*

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I completely restarted, playing as a necromancer/assassin build, stole everything on the ship that wasn't nailed down, my characters are wearing buckets on their heads for the armour bonus, completely min-maxed with the goal of fucking over everything that isn't a playable character.

No more mister roleplayer.

Top Bottom