• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Emulators

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
Today 1:10 AM
-->
Does anyone else here use emulators?
I really enjoy nes, snes, gb, gbc, gba, and ds ones on my phone, and a gamecube one on my laptop.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 6:10 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
i remember i hacked the wii to play iso files burnt on cds using a gamecube emulator
i played a lot of re old stuff
i also succeded at hacking the ps2, it worked for a while but then the disk reader, that little lens, got stuck and started making a weird noise, it was a really hardcore hack, i mean hands stuff, i opened the console and cut the security sticker :D and put some shit to make the ps2 believe it was closed or smth, i cannot remember well
on computer i only donwloaded some emulators for ds to try pokemon can't remember which version but it didn't work so well, but it was around 2012 or so i guess by now it should go fine
i might download one on of these days when i finish recording my new compilation of songs

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 8:10 PM
-->
I tried PCSX2 for FFX. It worked pretty well. Played the game a bit and got bored. Too many cut-scenes, the characters seemed too enthusiastic and unrealistic, Yuna just seemed depressed, and the story was meh. It's like you're along for the ride of Yuna's depression, along with her sidekicks of laugh-it-up jesters.

Tried playing MGS3 as well on PCSX2. Hated the controls, so I just watched someone else play on youtube. But it worked pretty well.

I played Majora's Mask way back in the day on Project64. That was a pretty good game.

I tried using Dolphin to play Wind Waker, but the sound was gargled and the frame-rate was erratic. It might have improved over the years though.

What surprises me is that Nintendo (I mean with the Switch) and Sony don't design emulators of their old systems on their new systems. The new systems use a pc architecture that builds upon itself, so any emulators made now could be easily tweaked for next gen systems. They could resell all those old games without having to port them. I know Microsoft wised up to this. Would be cool if Nintendo and Sony do as well, if only to play those few exclusives that weren't worth buying a $400 system over.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 5:10 PM
-->
Being able to play all my old SNES games where the cartridge save game battery is expired is excellent. SNES with a PS4 controller is great too, since I much prefer the D-Pad on the PS4.

When I had a MacBook, I used OpenEmu since it was in its infancy. It was a happy day when they integrated native PS4 controller input.

Now with a PC, I use RetroArch. I use DS4Windows to map the controller, since Microsoft like to make everything so fucking difficult for anyone that doesn't buy their rubbish.

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
Today 1:10 AM
-->
My favorite right now is Dolphin gamecube emulator, it has gotten pretty good. I'm currently playing Metroid Prime, it's a pretty good game.

Top Bottom