• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

enneagram poll

for intps only - what enneagram type are you?

• Total voters

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 11:31 PM
-->
good idea - I hope this attempt to add a poll to your thread works!

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
No good reason. :p

There's now no limit to number of poll options.

Last edited:

Frosty

Local time
Today 9:31 PM
-->
I couldn't make sense of it ... sorry!

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
Today 6:31 AM
-->
any links, cant download the test because my computer literally has 0 space left

Vulture

Local time
Today 7:31 AM
-->
It's possible to have no wings I believe, so the poll should be changed.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:31 AM
-->
5w6, I think... I'm not sure how the wings work, and Wikipedia fails me.

It doesn't seem much good... Fours are described as "Romantics, Individualists, Aesthetes" and Fives as "Experts, Thinkers, Investigators". I'm definitely a romantic, an individual and an aesthete; as well as being an expert, a thinker and an investigator. Maybe I'm actually 5w4? As I said, I'm not sure how the wings work, but aesthetism is definitely one of my defining traits... I can be overwhelmed completely by a work of art, a song, even a set of words I find particularly beautiful; the music I listen to, I listen to because it can reduce me to tears, and I think of anything else as below the standard required for listening. That's quite strong aesthetism, I believe.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Im not sure i grok this ennegram thing, results were unconclusive :p
One test said:
You are most likely a type 5.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9 or 9w1.
It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.
other said:
You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator)
with balanced wings
Self-preservation variant
and there was a graphic in which type 9 was close behind 5

Most likely a weird 5 :D

Frosty

Local time
-->
Okay, I gritted my teeth and did one of the tests. My scores came out as:

Type=Score
1 = 6
2 = -2
3 = 0
4 = 5
5 = 6
6 = -5
7 = -4
8 = -4
9 = -2

whic presumably makes me a type 1 or type 5. Given my high score in type 4 as well, does this make me a "5 with wing 4"? If not, can someone interpret for me, so that I can vote?

Score
6 Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type.
6 Type 5: The Thinker. The perceptive, cerebral type.
5 Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type.

Linsejko

Ghost of עמק רפאים.
Local time
Today 5:31 AM
-->
In the center of the world. (As opposed to the ear
You are most likely a type 3.
Your wings seem to be balanced.
Type 3 - 9.3
Type 4 - 7.7
Type 2 - 7.7
Type 8 - 7.7
Type 5 - 7.3
Type 9 - 7
Type 1 - 7
Type 6 - 6.7
Type 7 - 6

Wing 3w2 - 13.2
Wing 3w4 - 13.2
Wing 2w3 - 12.4
Wing 4w3 - 12.4
Wing 4w5 - 11.3
Wing 8w9 - 11.2
Wing 5w4 - 11.2
Wing 2w1 - 11.2
Wing 1w2 - 10.8
Wing 9w8 - 10.8
Wing 5w6 - 10.7
Wing 8w7 - 10.7
Wing 9w1 - 10.5
Wing 1w9 - 10.5
Wing 6w5 - 10.3
Wing 7w8 - 9.8
Wing 6w7 - 9.7
Wing 7w6 - 9.3
As of this posting, I have no idea what any of that means. :\

EDIT**

Hm. The problem with all of those descriptions is they all inherently assume the worst case for each scenario... though, that's more a commentary on our society, which has more sick personalities than functioning ones.

I am the first one to not fit in to any of the options given, out of ten. Hm.

I'm extremely balanced on this test, it seems. Enough that I imagine this test can't accurately portray the delicateness of however I fit in to this one- I'm not far from XXXX equivalent on it.

.L

Last edited:

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
-->
It's possible to have no wings I believe, so the poll should be changed.

OK, so I added a balanced 5 option.

-----

For those pondering their results - which description best fits?

Wisp

The Soft Rational
Local time
-->
If your computer had 0 space left, you'd have a BSOD on your hands, because at some point your machine would have tried to allocate a page file to the HDD, found no space, said "Aw, shit" and crahed.

Frosty

Local time
-->
Wisp said:
If your computer had 0 space left, you'd have a BSOD on your hands, because at some point your machine would have tried to allocate a page file to the HDD, found no space, said "Aw, shit" and crahed.
Not if you're running without a disk-based page file (like me) ... ;)

Olba

Local time
Today 12:31 PM
-->
Am I the only one who is still going "What the hell is this supposed to be?"

The only guess I can make is some kind of an addition to the MBTI or another personality test.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Today 4:31 AM
-->
5w6 in most tests, but 5w4 on some.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
I suppose I would be a 4w5, but when I took an enneagram test I tied as a 3/4...

Depending on the description... I don't sound like a 3 at all. O_o I guess I could be a 5w4. I don't know how that "modifies" the main one.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
The Ennegram Type Indicator I took was a sampler and a (RHETI V.2).

For
Type 3
and
Type 4 I scored 7 points.
For
Type 5
and
Type 6 I scored 5 points. Making those four types the ones I scored highest as.

My Lowest type was 7 with only 1 point. The other two lowest were 8 and 2.

For the ones I scored higher I can see myself fitting a little into each description.

Three: The Achiever
"The adaptable, success-oriented type." I like to think I'm adaptable, I'm not sure about success-oriented... Aren't most people success-oriented?
"Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them..."
When reading this, it occurs to me that it does sound like my Public self, so to speak... I was not ambitious or concerned with what people thought of me until after conditioning thanks to my ESTP mother (probably). In RL I think I might come off as a three, though I'm not at all competitive in an extroverted way, a sore loser nonetheless. I'm also not a workaholic, which, if I had continued this description it goes into describing.

While I do like to muse about my self and how I've gotten to the point I have and figure out who I am... I'm also generally interested in the idea of conditioning and how it can make people appear very different and feel very different about themselves. I've been reading an Introduction to Jung and considering how his philosophies later in life would apply to someone like me.

Four: The Individualist
I noticed this one in particular was described very different elsewhere, then again most of them were. I believe I've taken the Emmeagram before, but I didn't keep the record of my "score".
"The introspective, romantic type. Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved."
I'm not sure about being a "romantic type". That turned me off that description pretty fast... I suppose if it were a particularly clever and mysterious romance I might like it... maybe without all that mushy, corny (the romance in general) stuff... I would say the second sentence is accurate, for my own description.

It would seem several INTPs are surprisingly sensitive?
"They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence and self-pity..."

I don't really like my moodiness, but I can't seem to help it sometimes. I suppose some of that's true... Sometimes I'm not sure what the descriptions mean exactly, especially if they start to sound contradictory... I suppose that's pretty well "on" as well.

So supposedly I would say that the 3 is my conditioned ego (aka public self). In Jung's terms I would think that... my public self is more like my shadow? I don't entirely agree with all of Jung's views. He was kind of sexist, but that's not surprising for his time, so I can't really call him such.

Five: The Investigator
"The perceptive, cerebral type. Fives are alert, insightful and curious."
One thing I certainly like about these shorty descriptions is that they pretty much give you the over view of the type within the first two sentences. I'm not sure about being very alert...
"
They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills."
My "Concentration" tends to make me less alert...
"Independent, innovative and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation."
It seems like I may have seen this description flipped with four before. They're similar and I find I probably relate most to the five and four, but it seems like they overlap. I indeed probably spend too much time in my head. I also don't see how some of these "Problems" are problems and I'm going to have to look up nihilism.

The sensitivity of type four could overlap with the high-strung intensity of the five. I would say the larger difference here is the independence perhaps? I've always been pretty independent. If that means taking care of one's self and prone to wander off (and see if people can find you).

Six: The Loyalist

"The committed, security oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy." Conditioning wise, this sounds like the "Public" me again (But I'm lazy/bored and everyone knows it). Especially around my mother, who can't be happy with a person unless they're contributing like a secretary. My point in her life was to kind of be a personal secretary, no joke.

"Excellent "troubleshooters", they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive and anxious-- running on stress while complaining about it.
In a few ways this sounds like my mom. I can't foresee problems very well, not do I foster cooperation.
"They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion."
That sounds more like me, but a lot of the stress symptoms are similar. I think my mom sounds like an 8w7. As for myself, a 4w5 or a 5w4. Well, going by these descriptions I sound more like a 5w4. It would appear my pseudo-self is a 3w6. Which is interesting, because 9 is my favorite number.

I'm surprised several people are 5w6.

Last edited:

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Zero, I think 4 sounds more INFP than INTP.

murkrow

Local time
-->
my best friend (INFP) and ex girlfriend (INFJ) are both 4s, though I think their wings were different.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
I didn't say I thought 4 sounded like an INTP. It probably corresponds with INFP.

Last edited:

Mischz

Local time
Today 6:31 PM
-->
You are most likely a type 9.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w4 or 9w8.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test again later.
(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
Type 9 - 8.3
Type 5 - 8
Type 7 - 7
Type 4 - 6.7
Type 2 - 6.3
Type 8 - 5.7
Type 3 - 5
Type 1 - 4

Wing 5w4 - 11.3
Wing 9w8 - 11.2
Wing 4w5 - 10.7
Wing 9w1 - 10.3
Wing 8w9 - 9.9
Wing 7w8 - 9.8
Wing 4w3 - 9.2
Wing 8w7 - 9.2
Wing 2w3 - 8.8
Wing 2w1 - 8.3
Wing 3w4 - 8.3
Wing 1w9 - 8.2
Wing 3w2 - 8.2
Wing 5w6 - 8
Wing 1w2 - 7.2
Wing 7w6 - 7

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Better, but still not so good results:

Type 1 (The reformer): 7 points
Type 4 (The artist): 7 points
Type 5 (The thinker): 6 points
Type 6 (The skeptic): -12 pints (i guess i can rule 6 out)

Seriously tho, do some research about where does this ennegram stuff comes from, you wont like what youll see

Mischz

Local time
Today 6:31 PM
-->
Queer stuff. Now I'm Type 7-5-4. But then I never really considered myself a 9. OR a 7.

Maybe I'm 5w4 afterall since that is the only consistency between these 2 tests.

Type 1 -9
Type 2 0
Type 3 -2
Type 4 3
Type 5 3
Type 6 2
Type 7 5
Type 8 0
Type 9 -2

murkrow

Local time
-->
you guys get such balanced results...

anyway I know the enneagram is based in some sort of spiritualist idea, I first learned about it while I was at catholic school(I'm also aware it's not catholic).

anyway, the difficulty of testing aside I have found the enneagram to be just as accurate (if not more so) than the MTBI.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Its this guys idea: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Gurdjieff
Its just a part of this big system called the "fourth way" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Way

Forer Efect explains its "accuracy" (maybe MBTI`s as well, but still...)

murkrow

Local time
-->
it's based on something of his yeah, but it's not taken from his work or anything.

Also the fact that he's a mystic doesn't make him wrong.

Dissident

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
murkow said:
it's based on something of his yeah, but it's not taken from his work or anything.
Oh, yes it is.

The Enneagram of Personality [...] is a particular application of the Fourth Way enneagram figure in connection with personality and character issues.

The Fourth Way enneagram figure was first published in 1947 in In Search of the Miraculous by P.D. Ouspensky. Ouspensky claimed that the enneagram was part of the teachings originally presented by G.I. Gurdjieff in Russia during the First World War

There is the chance that what he made up is (by chance) the truth behind the very nature of the universe and reality, but the chances are so slim that i disregard it.

And i feel at ease doing it when i read things like this:

(Teachings of the fourth way)

Moon symbolism

Gurdjieff was documented as teaching that people assimilate and transubstantiate certain matter which upon their death is released from their body and transferred to the Moon. (BS ends here)

(Rationalization begins here)
The simplest way of explaining this theory is by comparing it to other Biogeochemical cycle such as the Carbon Cycle or the Nitrogen Cycle. In the nitrogen cycle, bacteria assimilate and transfer nitrogen from the soil into the atmosphere. Parallel to this, in Gurdjieff's moon theory, humans assimilate a certain type of matter in order that it is transferred from the Earth to the Moon.

murkrow

Local time
-->
looks like he basically drew the enneagram shape and said something about how things work in 9s

3 squared is 9 so it makes sense that a mystic would like the number.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
I was reading that the wings are only the ones nearest to the basis. I thought there was another thread about 5 with various wings, but according to what I read the wing will be 4 or 6 for 5. I watched these little videos of people with base types. I wasn't really like any of them. My motivation is like that of a 4s, because I'm lazy and unless everything is cleaned up or at least where I can get to it, I don't feel very motivated to do much. There were only a few other things I related with the 4, but for the most part it wasn't significant (as a base type) and I thought the woman talking was likely vain and had issue with losing her beauty. She reminded me of a romance novelist. I thought all of this based on her hair. It's long and that's culturally a sign/symbol of beauty, it was also over her shoulder, which gave the impression that her beauty was very important to her.

Aside from this and my desire to slap her and tell her stop selling crap to the book market... ...
The five struck me as an INTJ and also as boring. The person with the most interesting and exciting sounding life was the 6 and the 1-3 didn't seem that bad, but I didn't relate to any of them. That said, I think a 5 can be a 4 or a 6 wing and change (though I haven't read everything about it). If I am a five I'm showing signs of stress and acting like a 7 (which I suspect- because apparently my memory is so bad that I can't think the last thing I did on a rubicks cube, which is driving me crazy). The 4s stress mimicking was that of a 2. I don't think I'm ever too much like a 2.

I find most models of personality interesting. The Ennaegram definitely contributes some aspects the MBTI does not. It looks random at first, but apparently has some structure behind it.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
Mystics

Also the fact that he's a mystic doesn't make him wrong.

Carl Jung became quite the mystic later in life, arguably he one early. He created the archetypes before going into the creation of extrovert, introvert, sensing, intuition, thinking and feeling. Ironically a lot of what we see going into personality assessments are based off of the original temperaments that are in the Zodiac. In addition to this there are the archetypes in the Tarot. The Tarot takes into account the different settings of mind which are related to nature (fire, water, earth, sky). Jung actually organized his system based on the four elements as well.

Swords/Diamonds/Air, Cups/Hearts/Water, Wands/Clubs/Earth, Pence/Spades/Fire... I believe that's how it's set up. I don't think of myself as a mystic. I don't believe in Taro card reading or anything, but I think it's interesting how this theme reoccurs.

3 is indeed an important number to mystics. The mind, body and soul. However three accounts for two extremes and a middle. 9 allows for the most options. It has a set of two extremes-made up of three, with a middle made up of three, that's not really the mystic's view though. That's why I like the number 9 myself. The way the enneagram is set up is to be like Mind- Thinking Triad, Body- Instinctive Triad, Soul- Feeling Triad. This concept then replays itself in each Traid.
8-Mind(Thinking), 9-Body(Instinctive), 1- Soul(Feeling)
2- Body, 3- Soul, 4- Mind
5- Soul, 6- Mind, 7-Body

I arranged it so the middle of each would be the main representative and the ones nearer to the other triads would be corresponding to the nearest. I'm probably off, but it's an example. I think its somehow arrange like that.

It's more likely arranged: 8- Body, 9- Soul, 1- Mind, 2-Soul, 3-Mind, 4-Body, 5-Mind, 6-Body, 7-Soul (?)

Saturnine

Local time
-->
You are most likely a type 5.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w4.

Type 5 - 9.7
Type 4 - 8.7
Type 6 - 8
Type 9 - 5.3

Wing 5w4 - 14.1
Wing 5w6 - 13.7
Wing 4w5 - 13.6
Wing 6w5 - 12.9
Wing 6w7 - 9.2
Wing 4w3 - 9.1
Wing 9w8 - 6.2
Wing 9w1 - 6

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I tested as a 5w6... but I dunno if I trust this much.

Type 5 - 10.3
Type 1 - 9.3
Type 9 - 7.3
Type 6 - 7
Type 2 - 6.3
Type 7 - 6.3
Type 4 - 6.3

Wing 5w6 - 13.8
Wing 5w4 - 13.5
Wing 1w9 - 13
Wing 1w2 - 12.5
Wing 6w5 - 12.2
Wing 9w1 - 12
Wing 4w5 - 11.5
Wing 2w1 - 11
Wing 6w7 - 10.2
Wing 7w6 - 9.8
Wing 9w8 - 7.3
Wing 2w3 - 6.3
Wing 7w8 - 6.3
Wing 4w3 - 6.3

The reason being because it said on the site I took it that people often exhibit characteristics of the type on either side of them, and my type 5 and 1 were relatively close on the scale. This means that I probably exhibit characteristics from 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 9. So um... I'm especially not much of a 3, 7, or 8, I suppose. Then I read those three types and quite frankly, 7 is the only one I can say confidently that I have no connection to. I don't seem veyr far away from 8 at all, and even 3 was an instinct before reality set in and I thought about who I wanted to be.

Basically... I think these 9 describe people. The MBTI I was a little more confident reading other types because it was quite clear that I was not them. Since they describe a wider range of people, and in my opinion it was more accurate, I'm more skeptical of this one.

Fleur

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Gery Maquire Thompson - "The Encyclopedia of The New Age", pages 94 and 95.

According to that book, the eneagrams are created by sufists, so, therefore, this thing is rather mystical.

(Another 5w4 here, by the way.)

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 11:31 AM
-->
I got 5w4 too, as i took the test some time ago.
But i have to say, that the types somehow doesn't seem coherent. I mean, the characterizations of the different types are sometimes on different levels of explanation.

Ogion

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I can't hack these questions at all?

http://www.9types.com/rheti/homepage.actual.html

My replies are not ingrained personality types but it all depends on the time, place and circumstances.

Anyrate, I don't trust the tests for the Keirsey system.

PS; Why do some of my posts disappear entirely? I am getting fed up with this.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 11:31 AM
-->
There is a thread explaining the disappearing posts. That happens when you have too many links in it.
One advice would be, to post your post without links, and then afterwards edit them and insert the links, then the post will 'survive'.

Hope that helps.
Ogion

EDIT: Btw, i just tried that test you linked, but after filing out the questions and click "Score it" there came a error message...
But the questions do seem a bit strange, some of them i would say both answers, some neither one...

Madoness

that shadow behind lost
Local time
-->
Got 5w6

Anling

Local time
Today 4:31 AM
-->
I tested as a 5 balanced.

Top Bottom