• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

ESFP/INTP

Jard

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 7:06 PM
-->
Howdy, I was looking up ESFP/INTP because I had an INTP ex girlfriend who told me I was an ESFP. I consider myself highly intuitive. Later, I have figured out how much I really enjoy INTPs, so I have been actively seeking them out. Well, when I searched for ESFP/INTP this board came up. An ESFP apparently sacrificed himself for the amusement of this community, but I don't think he meant to do that. So why is this linking on my mind? I met a girl online, an INTP and she presented like an ESFP. I know I present that way. Maybe I am presenting that way now. What I noticed about her, which is similar to me, is that she grew up in a more poor area. What I think is that modifying presentation of personality to fit in is a good strategy, but I really don't do it on purpose.

The larger abstraction is the idea that circumstances dramatically change people, far beyond the MBTI's ability to predict. For example, you can easily hurt my feelings, however, I can think about any idea from every side, and I require everything to be based in rationality. Maybe I am NF, but I can't take any mumbo jumbo on faith. Mumbo jumbo itself, is fine, I just need to know what it works for and why it works. Omens, for example, are great. If I see a crow, it is the sign of death. It reminds me to be careful. If I read your Tarot, it works because I am helping you sort out what you want, and then once you have that in hand, you go out and fulfill your own prophecy.

Do any of you present very differently around people than your self image would suggest? I don't know quite how to say that. Obviously, my concept of my social presentation is part of my self image. This is the thing. I like people, but the second I start talking about philosophy or politics or ideas or anything that really matters to me, it's like bringing up your divorce. Oh, would you look at the time.

Being entertaining is a great way to have more company.

I don't think and ESFP would introduce themselves this way, but my old MBTI teacher said that people often write in a different way than they speak. Hopefully I have given you something to think about, and you will find that entertaining.

dr froyd

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:06 AM
-->
is the interaction purely text-based so far?

because there's a lot of introverts who become crazy wacky outgoing extroverts when they communicate in writing

Jard

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I wrote a quite a long reply, but the engine flagged it as spam. I am not going to deal with that. I appreciate your response. I am going to delete this account, now. ENTP is what I am, and my INTP girl who typed me ESFP was confused. Have a great day.

Jard

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Can't delete. No worries.

Top Bottom