• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Facebook

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:16 AM
-->
I've finally succumbed to the writhing mass of idiocy.

PM your name and I'll add you and tell you mine.

I have a sword, it's blunt, that just means it'll hurt more.

Of course if you're a twenty something single female lol who am I kidding? :D

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You'll know it's me by the picture of someone pulling on my goatee.

There's another account by the same name, I think that's when I was on facebook in highschool, they must have kept it all this time... :phear:

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 8:16 PM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
me enter in my ex profile and spy her last movements, likes, added suspicious guys, etc. she blocked me nooooo aseawikfgjflkjañcsacd,pad,sc

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No shit?

When I'm mad at someone I just say it and tell them why.
Makes life so much simpler.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Tomorrow 4:46 AM
-->
What made you change you mind?

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
-->
Sebastian Sacilotto? Perhaps I looked at the wrong profile. Either way, the joke is surely dead by now.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Oh his hair, yeah that was too mainstream for me :D

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
The one which is inevitably full of ESFJs.

It happens.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 1:16 PM
-->
Facebook is the most personally repulsive thing I've ever found. It's where the S's, particularly ES's go to scream about their lives. Apparently real life trivial socialization isn't enough for them, they have to go online for it too. One big party.

Bock

caffeine fiend
Local time
Today 9:16 PM
-->
Last time i logged onto facebook = a mixture of oxazepam and zopiclone

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Facebook is the most personally repulsive thing I've ever found. It's where the S's, particularly ES's go to scream about their lives. Apparently real life trivial socialization isn't enough for them, they have to go online for it too. One big party.

This.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It seems everyone I've met in the real world (not through the forum) is on there and they all talk about it, they use it to organize events, I guess I just don't want to be left out, but at the same time Architect is right it's oppressively inane.

I dunno maybe the wall is just there to piss up against (pointless time-passing small talk) and I'd be better off conversing with people through private messages, although in my experience even most INTPs can't keep up with the sheer amount I write once I get started on something.

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
Today 12:16 PM
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
INTPF is the most personally repulsive thing I've ever found. It's where the N's, particularly IN's go to scream about their lives. Apparently real life trivial socialization isn't enough for them, they have to go online for it too. One big party.

YEP

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 1:16 PM
-->
i don't know people irl(in real life)
my facebook is small and i don't talk to people there

The Gopher

President
Local time
Tomorrow 5:16 AM
-->
I use it to chat with people who don't have skype, and events. Nothing else matters at this point. It's really good at that though.

Bock

caffeine fiend
Local time
-->
Funniest is when you log in - somebody starts talking to you via the chat and all you feel is "wtf go away".

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 3:16 PM
-->
Funniest is when you log in - somebody starts talking to you via the chat and all you feel is "wtf go away".

I despise FB chat and always have it turned off. I was really pissed when FB used to turn it back on without telling me.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->

You have chat turned on?

You madman!

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
Facebook isn't bad. You can customize it to the extent that it works fine whatever be your need. There are plenty of interesting groups to join in order to get nice and interesting feeds.

Ya'll just wusses.

Direwolf

Local time
-->
I use it to chat with people who don't have skype, and events. Nothing else matters at this point. It's really good at that though.

Direwolf likes this

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Facebook isn't bad. You can customize it to the extent that it works fine whatever be your need. There are plenty of interesting groups to join in order to get nice and interesting feeds.

Ya'll just wusses.

Yeah.

I have mine pretty tightly controlled. I don't think I even have 100 "friends" but I've had an account for years. I cut out the inane bits and the people who I don't like or do nothing but bitch all the time. It takes a bit of time but Facebook doesn't have to be only idiots spewing their day blow by blow.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 3:16 AM
-->
Facebook is great for both personal stuff and professional stuff.

I usually follow-up people on their projects through Facebook. They reply faster compared to e-mails. Besides, it's usually kind of hard to refuse my request after I liked the photo where you show how you horse around ;)

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
although in my experience even most INTPs can't keep up with the sheer amount I write once I get started on something.

!! I feel deeply compelled to challenge you to a competition on this, but we probably don't have any overlapping interests*.

Being wordier than most of the rest of the planet is something I noticed early on and was disappointed to find didn't improve upon finding other INTPs. My guess is that it's a Ne dom thing - and the verbally-oriented subset of Ne doms can go on at much greater length than most other people. (A verbose FJ probably takes the cake though.)

*Also, 'keeping up' involves attention and interest, and while we might have it for our own spew, the same may not hold true (consistently) for others'. Maybe this is why we tend to find we globber more than others? We're simply interested in more things, which means we spew more often?

-----

Gotta try to answer on topic:
Omg there's no topic - I didn't even derail this time. :king-twitter:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Z0MG 1 AM FR3NDZ W C0G 0N FB MAI L1F3 1S C0MPL33T.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Hell hath no fury like a Facebook friend scorned.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
If I add you I'll have my 6th friend. I don't know if I can handle a 20% increase in my number of Facebook friends.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
If I add you I'll have my 6th friend. I don't know if I can handle a 20% increase in my number of Facebook friends.

... Hey, freak, I'm still waiting for you to join our insenate seething mass of intellectual inadequacy.

lightlazer

Seeker
Local time
-->
I remember joining Facebook a couple of years ago. I began posting videos, songs, quotes... just trying to appear a normal sociable human being. I very rarely do that nowadays, I feel real shame of my past not-self. In fact, I hate every each and one of those "I am happy and I post it" contacts, I do not know why though...

ddspada

Citizen of the Universe
Local time
Today 2:16 PM
-->
I use Facebook almost every day, but rather unlike most people who use it. I don't post pictures of myself. I dislike taking pictures, especially of myself; and I don't "go out" at all, so there's next to no pictures to share. I think there's around 5 pictures of me on Facebook. I don't play any of the game apps that come with it.

However, college professors sometimes like to keep in touch with it; I use it to chat with an INFP, an INFJ and two ENTJs whom I would be unable to communicate with otherwise (this is easily 90% of my total time on the site); I sometimes post silly texts or poems that I write. I have 350ish friends, but I only ever have any meaningful interaction with 5-10 at a time. I should probably delete the rest, but I can't be bothered.

Skeptinoid

I'm not half the man I used to be — but I'm twice
Local time
Today 2:16 PM
-->
Life is about sitting on facebook posting cheesy tumblr pictures about life.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm telling opinionated people why they're wrong :D

Mr Peabody

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I have a vast family and various friends that moved across the world and what not; facebook allows me to stay connected to them, in some capacity. It is simply a tool, accessible to all. Yes, that means annoying, narcissistic, logic deprived, people have access as a consequence. As with life, different people can never really be fully avoided... it is best to just accept them, or something like that. Still, as a tool you can you can manipulate its function to something more savory.:)

lightlazer

Seeker
Local time
-->
I use Facebook almost every day, but rather unlike most people who use it. I don't post pictures of myself. I dislike taking pictures, especially of myself; and I don't "go out" at all, so there's next to no pictures to share. I think there's around 5 pictures of me on Facebook. I don't play any of the game apps that come with it.
I don't do that either, but my ESFJ girlfriend loves posting pictures of us and can't fight it... :confused:

But at the same time, I keep obsessively reviewing and adjusting whatever is shown of my profile to other people.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I think the privacy issue/ fb's terms is the main problem with fb.

Other than that, it is what you make it. If you add a lot of mindless bananas to your friends and don't hide their posts, then yeah your newsfeed is going to get filled with crap.

But it's also possible to ninja delete people you have little to no contact with and hide their content. And if you have kewl friends they will post interesting articles, research or other things that you might find intriguing. You can also join groups where people post good sources of info.

I slightly prefer keeping people on fb rather than friends on skype as I don't want people to engage me in conversation every time they see I log on. I just prefer group conversations where I can withdraw whenever, and not one-on-one where I have a social obligation to respond and react. (FB chat is disabled). With exceptions, of course.

Top Bottom